Go vacacion and candida diet.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Go vacacion and candida diet.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  alexalgebra 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Healhy
    Topics: 87
    Replies: 45

Hello I´m in a candida strict diet and I´m doing great but the other day my friend invite me to go to london 1 week. I want so much to go but I don´t know how to follow the diet. I can bring some foods like coconut bread but how can I cook eggs when I´m in london. Or how can I eat in a restaurant? Or imagine that I go to a shopping where they make salads. I can ask for a salad but I don´t know exactly what´s ingredients are there. So difficult. Some sugestions?

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

Healhy;40206 wrote: Hello I´m in a candida strict diet and I´m doing great but the other day my friend invite me to go to london 1 week. I want so much to go but I don´t know how to follow the diet. I can bring some foods like coconut bread but how can I cook eggs when I´m in london. Or how can I eat in a restaurant? Or imagine that I go to a shopping where they make salads. I can ask for a salad but I don´t know exactly what´s ingredients are there. So difficult. Some sugestions?

Personally, I rarely dine out just because we all know restaurants cook other foods that contain sugars and ingredients we can’t eat on the same equipment. However, we can’t always avoid it. I have eaten out 3 times in the last 4 months. If it is possible I would go to a restaurant that caters to custom cooked meals like this. That was where I had my best meal. I had grilled salmon with olive oil and lemon and simple steamed broccoli & string beans. You can also choose a restaurant that has a salad bar. Then you can choose only what is an allowable food and often they will have hard boiled eggs as well. good luck.

hdispain
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 16

I recently went on a trip to Canada and they allow you to bring in a good amount of produce. Just be sure to check with the UK customs website on the limitations before you pack. Then pack a bunch of vegetables and other snacks that are allowed on the diet. For your liquids, you could make a match of salad dressing to bring with you, just make sure it’s under the restricted amount, or you may want to carry on your luggage. As kodaz2005 mentioned, you need to eat at restaurants where they actually make the food, then you can order specific ingredients. A lot of restaurants have gluten free menus which match the diet a lot of times. You could also visit restaurant websites in the area you’ll be staying before you even leave so you can already know what you want to get. Ask for a room with a fridge and go grocery shopping once you get there. Good luck and have fun! Don’t pass up the trip because of the diet! That would be a life not worth living.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There is lots of options healhy, you just have to research them. For instance, ethiopian food, bolivian food, chilean food, korean, and sushi are all types of food you can eat on the diet (mostly). Meat is served at a variety of places as well. Salads should be found widely at most supermarkets if they have salad bars.

Be careful of dairy, grains, molds, soy, and sugar.

-raster

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I don’t know where you are in your treatment, but I would advise you to be very careful going on vacation. I went on vacation to LA about a month ago and the only way I survived was because I cooked a LOT in advance (brought granola, bread, etc.) and I stayed with cousin, so I could use his kitchen. I cooked everything and carried food with me everywhere.

Can you stay somewhere that has a kitchen you can use? You could also purchase a cheap plug in kettle/pot when you get there to boil veggies in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Go vacacion and candida diet.’ is closed to new replies.