Glycerol and Glisterine

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Glycerol and Glisterine

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NowOrNever 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

NowOrNever
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 14

Hi,

Just prudly bought myself some Olive leaf extract, tried it, and found it to taste sweet, almost like golden syrup. YUMMM, I thought.

Then checked and found it has olive leaf extract, water and vegetable glysterine (glycerol).

So, do I need to chuck it out notw, because im certain glycerol is a big no-no.

NoN

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I haven’t seen this ingredient before but I read its as sweet as sucrose so I would not take it any longer:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol

“As a sugar substitute, it has approximately 27 kilocalories per teaspoon (sugar has 20) and is 60% as sweet as sucrose.”

-raster

NowOrNever

yup, saw that wiki page too. agreed – glycerol to be added to the long list of sugar pseudonymns!

NowOrNever

Able,

Just saw this on the anti fungal page for grapefruit seed extract –

“Grapefruit seed extract is sold either as a liquid concentrate or in tablets. Both contain the vegetable glycerin, but the tablets will also contain a small amount of filler, such as organic brown rice protein. This is OK in small amounts on a Candida diet.”

Looking again at my olive leaf extract it does say it includes vegetable glycerin, the same stuff. So, does this stuff exist in most antifungals? do i have to be careful every time when checking the ingredients then? seems to be more common than originally thought.

NowOrNever

Another bit of info –

A note about sugar, there are effective sugar substitutes, chemical sweeteners are not good for you and are best avoided, but there are natural sweeteners derived from plants. An example is Vegetable Glycerine which, while it can be extracted from many plants normally comes from the coconut palm. It is available at health stores in a liquid form and you use it as you would honey but it is sweeter.
    Stevia is another plant based natural sugar substitute, but it is purely a sugar. The vegetable glycerine has a raising agent added that will make cakes or other baked good rise.

Disabled World – Disability News for all the Family: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/candida_.shtml#ixzz27RTkLqGK

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I guess the main thing to worry about is whether you take large amounts of it per day or not. You made it sound like it you were using it like syrup lol (thats what came to mind). If its like 20 drops per day it shouldn’t set you back much whatsoever.

-raster

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

NowOrNever wrote:
    Disabled World – Disability News for all the Family: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/candida_.shtml#ixzz27RTkLqGK

Wow, I read through the disabled world candid page and there is some interesting information there. However, there is contradictory information there as well. For instance, they state avoid KIFER & COCONUT (??? hunh??) and they say to avoid instant oats but, then under foods to eat they list oats again. Just goes to show, how difficult it is to believe anything concerning candida without researching and making your own decisions. There are so many “opinions” out there it is mind boggling and makes going in any direction particularly confuddering.

One thing which I found useful,
    “Before you start treatment for candida, you should try and read up about the subject and fully understand what is involved. As with anything else, knowledge is power.” Wish I would have been told that before I started treatment. Also, I highly encourage anyone considering candida treatment to print out the entire protocol and read it many times before starting treatment. It’s just too easy to start on diet/antifungals and get backed into a worse corner like I did…..still working on trying to undue the damage caused by LACK OF INFORMATION.

NowOrNever

raster wrote: I guess the main thing to worry about is whether you take large amounts of it per day or not. You made it sound like it you were using it like syrup lol (thats what came to mind). If its like 20 drops per day it shouldn’t set you back much whatsoever.

-raster

yeah, the bottle says to drink 10-15mL per day, so kind of like a syrup 😉

its too big a temptation – ill just stick to capsules 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Glycerol and Glisterine’ is closed to new replies.