Gluten free pasta ok?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Gluten free pasta ok?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Candidadude
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi all. I’m new to Candida diet: Want to know if gluten free pasta is ok?

TheXtremisT
    Participant
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 126

Most are made with rice and corn flour.

Corn is especially bad for candida sufferers because it can interfere with your body’s functions because of its genetic modification. There are a lot of health problems associated with it, so it would do you good to lay off for a while.

Rice is ok for some, who have lessened their infestation or can tolerate it with their symptoms. It’s definitely best not to eat it every day even then.

I’d suggest trying buckwheat noodles or pasta as an alternative because it technically isn’t a grain, it’s healthy as a prebiotic and easier to digest than other grains. It can cause issues for some though, so check any reactions to it.

Candidadude
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Awesome info, thanks for taking time to respond. Have a great day.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would aim for soba noodles or buckwheat noodles instead of rice. The biggest problem is with the tomato sauce, because this concentrates the sugar found in tomatoes and is a big tasty treat for the yeast. There is 20-30+ grams of sugar in a cup of tomato sauce.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Gluten free pasta ok?’ is closed to new replies.