Gluten

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  NadjaB 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Why can’t we have products that contain gluten? Such as rye and oats?

Thank you 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

NadjaB wrote: Why can’t we have products that contain gluten? Such as rye and oats?

If you have a Candida overgrowth, the biggest problem with gluten is that Candida can feed on the products that contain gluten; and if the foods which naturally contain gluten are eaten on a daily basis, they’re capable of feeding and sustaining an entire Candida infestation indefinitely. But this isn’t the only problem which comes with eating gluten. The New England Journal of Medicine came up with a list of 55 different diseases which can and often are caused by gluten.

Part of the problem with gluten is that very few people with a gluten sensitivity are even aware of the fact. The actual number of people with this sensitivity is approximately one in every 150-175 people; however, a person who has contracted a Candida overgrowth has a higher chance of being intolerant to gluten than others; and this is not because of the Candida overgrowth, in fact the gluten intolerance is normally already in place to some degree before Candida is contracted. Researchers believe that gluten sensitivity is often part of the cause of Candida, that is, anyone with gluten intolerance is more prone to develop a Candida overgrowth.

Wheat, wheat germ, wheat grass, barley, rye, couscous, bulgar, farina, kamut, spelt, Seitan, graham flour, matzo, certain oat products, and semolina all contain gluten.

You probably know that, if you use pure organic oat bran such as Bob’s Read Mill brand, you’re not feeding the Candida.

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

NadjaB wrote: Why can’t we have products that contain gluten? Such as rye and oats?

Thank you 🙂

************************************************************************************
    Able wrote:
    and this is not because of the Candida overgrowth, in fact the gluten intolerance is normally already in place to some degree before Candida is contracted. Researchers believe that gluten sensitivity is often part of the cause of Candida, that is, anyone with gluten intolerance is more prone to develop a Candida overgrowth.

************************************************************************************

I think totally different than Able. In fact, it is the contrary.
    I believe it is the fungal form of candida albicans which triggers Celiac disease and gluten intolerance. The problem isn’t the gluten but the fungal form of candida.
    Keep in mind that candida in its yeast form doesn’t have the amino acid protein sequence that triggers gluten intolerance. The problem begin when the yeast mutates to fungus.

Here is how this happen in my view. For some reason you develop a FUNGAL intestinal overgrowth. It means the seed forms of candida that were present in your intestines mutated to filaments or germ tubes. Then, your immune system reacts and develops a response attacking the pathogen. Since this pathogen (candida albicans germ tubes) has a protein sequence almost identical to gliadin, the main protein in gluten, the immune system will attack gluten confusing it as the fungal form of candida. As a result, the immune system will attack the intestinal villi when you eat gluten. Remember, gluten is sticky and adheres to the intestinal brush border (villi). Attacking the gluten (glued to the villi) the immune system also destroys the villi.

It is candida in its fungal form which cause the attack against gluten. It isn’t gluten intolerance that causes candida. Candida stimulates an immune attack against HWP1 and gluten.

I believe one time the fungal overgrowth be eliminated and your immune system doesn’t see more gluten or fungus for at least 6 months, it refreshes and resets its memory allowing the presence of gluten without harming you. Normally, food intolerance disappears after 6 months of abstinence if the causative factors are corrected. I mean leaky gut, autoimmune attacks, triggers, etc.

I hope this help you.

Here is an article posted in the prestigious Lancet Journal of Medicine.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(03)13695-1/fulltext

Here is the same article, the first you have to pay to see it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12826451
    Jorge.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

I posted another link because the Lancet must be paid to see it.
    Jorge.

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

Thanks to you both – it’s nice to know why you aren’t supposed to eat the different things while you’re on the diet.

Have you tried to eat amaranth? I haven’t tried it out yet..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Gluten’ is closed to new replies.