Glutamine….can I take it now….and is it ok?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Glutamine….can I take it now….and is it ok?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

raster said somewhere in the post that glutamine is good to take for healing the guts. Can I take it in Stage 1 already?

I found this here in Sweden, is it a good and safe one?

I was running it through google translate:

Digest is a hydrochloric acid supplement in a vegetable capsule.

ingredients
    L-Glutamic acid-HCl
    Vegetable capsule made ​​of cellulose.

Content per capsule
    L-Glutamic acid-HCl 560 mg

Content per 5 capsules
    L-Glutamic acid-HCl 2800 mg

The recommended dose
    1-5 capsules after meals.
    Swallow whole with water.

Do not exceed recommended dose.
    Should not be used for stomach ulcers or people who know they can not tolerate glutamic acid.

Here is the link to the page:
    http://www.ortagubben.se/digest-100-kaps-p-2090-c-233.aspx

thanks
    thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is some basic information about glutamine for those of you who are interested:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutamine

-Protein synthesis, as any other amino acid.
    -Regulation of acid-base balance in the kidney by producing ammonium.
    -Cellular energy, as a source, next to glucose.
    -Nitrogen donation for many anabolic processes.
    -Carbon donation, as a source, refilling the citric acid cycle.
    -Nontoxic transporter of ammonia in the blood circulation.

Looks like good stuff Thomas!

-Raster

Thomas

Thanks raster! Then I will order it!
    cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Info about Glutamine

Any increase in the amount of brain glutamine can cause an increase in the release of another substance called glutamate, which is basically a neurotransmitter, or an excitatory amino acid and excitotoxin. If the increase is not controlled and modulated accordingly then the result is “glutamate excitotoxicity” which is basically the premature death of neurons by over activity caused by the by glutamate. Normal levels of glutamate are healthy as well as necessary for the brain to function, but abnormally high levels are potentially toxic to the neurons. Glutamine converts to glutamate in the presence of an enzyme and water, and this conversion takes place in the brain and nervous system.

I think, for the most part, most people who discover that they have a Candida albicans infestation (or a loved one who does) go to the extreme in purchasing various and unnecessary vitamins, antifungals, and other supplements and products. The money they spend does not need to be wasted on all the different products promising to cure these ailments because the research has proven over and over again that a C. albicans infestation is the real cause of the dozens of ‘side effects’ such as digestion problems and failure to absorb the vitamins which the body needs to cure itself. The bottom line is, if you cure the Candida infestation, then you’ll cure the other problems, but until you are at least on the road to a cure of the infestation, all the money and all the supplements in the world will not cure the side effects of a Candida infestation …. not as long as the infestation is still thriving in the digestive system.

Able

Thomas

Able, I see your point. I am pretty sure that I have a leaky gut too. The terrible night I told you guys about was probably a allergic reaction to the lot of red meat I was having. Then I too notice that when I feel quite good that nearly everytime I eat I feel dizzy or something is going on in my body, combined with a pressure/ burning sensation in my guts.

Would it not be good to heal the guts too, or is the gut healing itself with the time?

cheers
    thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The best way to heal the guts would be with digestive grape or other bitters, a probiotic, and possibly molybdenum. Glutamine isn’t as important as these three supplements for healing the gut; I would focus on these first and maybe get glutamine at a later time. I am not promoting it as a great supplement, I only recently started to take it on phase 2, 4 months into the diet. I haven’t really noticed much of a change after using it either.

Thomas

ok, I hold on with it and see how I come along on the diet.
    thanks
    thomas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Glutamine….can I take it now….and is it ok?’ is closed to new replies.