GIMME SOME SWEET: XYLITOL, INULIN?!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions GIMME SOME SWEET: XYLITOL, INULIN?!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  cinnamongirl 5 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cinnamongirl
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hi I am new to the Candida cleanse and have only been going full force for a few weeks. I have cut out ALL starch and sugar and can safely say I am down to about 50-80 carbs per day. My energy is getting better but I had burning hands, little cuts on my lips crease, very dry mouth and some constipation.

I made the most delish chickpea carob cupcakes last week and I thought I found my dream sugar in INULIN, but having only eaten 1/2 cupcake per day, I’ve been feeling gassy and bloated. Then I read a post on here saying to stay away 🙁

Can someone please tell me if there is any SUGAR SUB I can cook with that will not feed candida? Xylitol? STEVIA?
    ANYTHING?! HELP!

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

cinnamongirl;55190 wrote: Hi I am new to the Candida cleanse and have only been going full force for a few weeks. I have cut out ALL starch and sugar and can safely say I am down to about 50-80 carbs per day. My energy is getting better but I had burning hands, little cuts on my lips crease, very dry mouth and some constipation.

I made the most delish chickpea carob cupcakes last week and I thought I found my dream sugar in INULIN, but having only eaten 1/2 cupcake per day, I’ve been feeling gassy and bloated. Then I read a post on here saying to stay away 🙁

Can someone please tell me if there is any SUGAR SUB I can cook with that will not feed candida? Xylitol? STEVIA?
    ANYTHING?! HELP!

Xylitol and the other “tol’s” are not friendly to gut flora and can cause diarrhea. I know from experience.

Stevia is likely the safest IMO. But I don’t care for the taste personally.

-D

cinnamongirl

thanks Danny. yes Stevia is not so good, I was so happy with the flavor of inulin…

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

cinnamongirl;55193 wrote: thanks Danny. yes Stevia is not so good, I was so happy with the flavor of inulin…

Stevia is the way to go. If you don’t like the taste, try looking for stevia with erythritol which has a sugary-like taste.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Inulin is a fiber product, so shouldn’t be that bad. I don’t think its sweet though.

However the carob is problematic too.

-raster

cinnamongirl

Raster I was speaking about Agave Inulin or Chicory Root based inulin sweeteners. No good right? Whats wrong with roasted carb powder exactly?

cinnamongirl

and is erythritol ok?

Also glycerine based extract flavorings without alcohol? Are these ok to flavor baked items/smoothies?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘GIMME SOME SWEET: XYLITOL, INULIN?!’ is closed to new replies.