gi effects stool

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions gi effects stool

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  JamesMc 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

After 3 years of natural antifungals, working w a naturopath and strict diet w minimal improvement, I am getting the metametrix stool test done to see what im dealing with. 3 yrs is too long to still be suffering with sinus problems and chronic bv/yeast when I’ve worked so hard and spent so much. I have the stool test kit already.

Currently I take A LOT of stuff…Oil of Oregano, Olive Leaf, probiotics, various homeopathic remedies from a Naturopath, Coconut Oil, etc. Should I cease all antifungals and antibacterials before I do this test so that it is accurate? If so, for how long should I stop????

I have ceased supplements so I don’t get a false negative. If this makes sense…how long til I can get an accurate result? 2 weeks or more??

I think knowing exactly what strain(s) of yeast, bacteria, etc I have intestinally may guide me toward a proper treatment plan, because I can’t even tell you the amount of money and time and effort I have spent trying to treat this with little success.

JamesMc
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

I would seriously consider LDA and LDI. Low dose allergy and or immunotherapy. We have to stop treating this as if it was an infection and realize it is more like an allergy, intolerance, and autoimmune disease caused by yeast…which is present in everyone. we are just highly sensitive to it an our adaptive immunity must be retrained to control it. You are just another case to prove my point. You did the drugs and the diet and never got cured. There is a new LDI therapy for candida. People report toe nail fungus infection they have for twenty years go away on its own after the yeast LDI! It has helped me more significantly than any other treatment. The only thing that came close was immune modulatory herbs by a master Chinese herbalist, but even this treatment did not last like LDA. I have had the foods and inhaled shot and will get my first yeast shot next week. You know a treatment is working when you can eat what you want with no reactions.

yisucks
    Participant

James,

Thank you for your thoughts. Certainly an interesting idea and I recognize the importance of the immune system in this. The doctors who I have seen for this, and I, believe that I am having such a hard time getting over the yeast and bacteria because I take chronic corticosteroids for a long-term medical condition. Stopping the medicine is not an option– I would die.

I have pursued the idea of allergies and even got allergy tested. Nothing came back positive except ragweed. “Yeast” did not show up, but I doubt they did candida. I had a consult with Dr. Crandall once and she didn’t seem to think a yeast allergy was my problem, but who knows.

A couple of questions: How expensive are the shots and how many would I need? Also, candida is not my only problem, so if this is just to fix candida, it wouldn’t be my cure. I also definitely have an overgrowth of bad bacteria in my gut. I have chronic bacterial vaginosis infections that are even more frequent and difficult to get rid of than the yeast. So even if my yeast problem magically went away, I’m still stuck on the diet because bad bacteria thrives off sugar too…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would do candia5 test to see whether your immune system is fighting yeast or not…you can do tests to see if yeast is in your body and your stool but it won’t see whether your immune system is fighting yeast. The candia5 test is like $35 too and can be done at home.

After that I would do one of the stool tests or save your money and do the spanish blood test.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

I actually have the Candia5 test at my house…I could do that, but I am unsure if it will be accurate for me. I take steroids which I know can influence blood tests where it’s looking for an antibody response. So there is a good chance probably of a false negative already.

I already have the box to do the GI test, so I’m just going to go for it. I think they told me it shouldn’t cost too much– maybe $150.

JamesMc
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 15

Hi yisucks,
    LDA and LDI require no testing and are used to treat many conditions….allergies, “candida”, most auto-immune diseases, Lyme disease, chronic viral infections chronic fatigue syndrome, chemical sensitivity and more. The success rates blow away any other available treatment for any of these conditions. Within the first year many auto-immune patients can be completely off all drugs. Not sure what your other conditions are but maybe LDA/LDI would help. The shots are every two months for the first year then much less frequently as symptoms improve. They cost anywhere from $50 to $100 some for a shot, but some people need more than one at time depending on complexity of condition. LDA has been miraculous for me…..especially my severe eczema.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘gi effects stool’ is closed to new replies.