Getting Wisdom Teeth Out..

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Getting Wisdom Teeth Out..

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 6 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

Hi guys,

I am getting my wisdom teeth out and am worried about the medication/diet for the few days I’ll be suffering. They are giving me 3 Valium to take, novacane, and some pain killers for a few days post-removal. Anyone else go through this procedure while abiding to the diet? What did you eat? I am thinking nonfat greek yogurt will be my best friend.

Thanks for your input!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I did this when I was a teenager and you will likely go through a very painful experience. I woke up so hazy and heavy, I feel like I was abducted by aliens and I was in a different century.

Be sure to take liver supplements before and after because those drugs can effect this organ specifically.

If you can tolerate apples I would consider apple sauce as well. Oat bran and buckwheat are pretty smushy. If you have a blender you can make baby food out of just about anything but haven’t tried it lol.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Serene.
    Raster mentioned applesauce, but the fructose will only make your Candida worse while you’re recuperating, thus adding to the agony of having wisdom teeth pulled. Oat bran and buckwheat can both be made into a soupy substance and eaten every day. You can add unsweetened coconut milk to this mixture to make it thinner if you need to, and you could also add a beaten egg to the mix before cooking for extra protein.

If you have a juicer this would be a great time to put it to work, and be sure that you continue your salt intake during this period.
    Kefir and Greek yogurt are also good ideas.

With just a little effort, you can get through this without eating fructose or sugar.

Good luck.
    Able

LovingLifeAgain
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

I had one of my back molars pulled 2 wks ago. Before my appointment I made a large batch of cauliflower “mashed potatoes” that were really easy to eat after the procedure. I also made green juice with my juicer.

-Good luck with getting your wisdom teeth taken out!. I let other people’s wisdom teeth horror stories scare me going into the procedure. -It all turned out fine and wasn’t half as bad as I thought 🙂

serenedream

Able900;41155 wrote: Hello, Serene.
    Raster mentioned applesauce, but the fructose will only make your Candida worse while you’re recuperating, thus adding to the agony of having wisdom teeth pulled. Oat bran and buckwheat can both be made into a soupy substance and eaten every day. You can add unsweetened coconut milk to this mixture to make it thinner if you need to, and you could also add a beaten egg to the mix before cooking for extra protein.

If you have a juicer this would be a great time to put it to work, and be sure that you continue your salt intake during this period.
    Kefir and Greek yogurt are also good ideas.

With just a little effort, you can get through this without eating fructose or sugar.

Good luck.
    Able

Thank you Able, and raster. I did just purchase a juicer.. what perfect timing! I believe juicing my vegetables, kefir, greek yogurt and very thin oat bran with maybe some hemp protein or beaten egg will get me through this. I am determined not to have any additional sugar. Freeze pops were suggested and I cringed!

serenedream

LovingLifeAgain;41185 wrote: I had one of my back molars pulled 2 wks ago. Before my appointment I made a large batch of cauliflower “mashed potatoes” that were really easy to eat after the procedure. I also made green juice with my juicer.

-Good luck with getting your wisdom teeth taken out!. I let other people’s wisdom teeth horror stories scare me going into the procedure. -It all turned out fine and wasn’t half as bad as I thought 🙂

Thanks so much for the mashed cauliflower idea.. perfect! I am very scared from what I’ve heard; however, and hope to have a similar experience as yours. I am just getting two wisdom teeth taken out on my left side.

Mykoza
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 32

Hi there
    I had 3 wisdom teeth removed about 5 years ago. It was a positive experience for me for I wasn’t in pain afterwards. I didn’t have to take any pain meds. I just went to bed and slept for a few hours.My mouth healed very quickly. They removed one by one; each one in 7-day increments. It took my doctor 10-15 minutes to remove one tooth. Really , I had nothing to complaint about. They stitched me up and 2 weeks later, I went back to remove the stitches.
    What you can do is to make a vegetable soup – blend it into a thick sauce-like texture. Also, you can make yourself a snack from coconut flour and avocado (posted on this forum in Snacks/Treats section) . Everything you eat needs to be soft,chewable and non-sharp…I would stay away from salads and nuts, meat for the first two days after the surgery.
    Be sure to take some extra doses of Vit.C to help you heal.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Very similar experience here. All four wisdom teeth removed. First one, then another one, then the last two.

Each time, the procedure was very similar. Go to the tooth surgeon, have the teeth removed, get a strong pain killer to take as needed.

I never had to use the pain killers. I did experience some pain, but that was very, very tolerable, and it almost didn’t even disturb my sleep.

The wound healed well, no special care or treatment needed. Just keeping the wound clean in such a way that I wouldn’t disturb it – that is, not brushing over the wound. But that’s only logical.

The stitches didn’t have to be removed, because the tooth surgeon used biodegradable stitches that dissolve after about ten days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Getting Wisdom Teeth Out..’ is closed to new replies.