Getting sufficient protein for bodybuilding purposes

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Getting sufficient protein for bodybuilding purposes

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ThomasJoel2 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

I’ve been on the candida diet for about 3-4 months now, but just recently realized that you weren’t supposed to be eating hardly any animal protein with this diet. For these 3-4 months I was eating 7-8 inorganic chicken tenderloins a day to meet my protein needs for bodybuilding — around 150g a day. Realizing that the antibiotics and ammonia were hurting my progress I cut it out completely and within 2 days I was going through severe die-off: muscle aches, chills, hot flashes, acne, joint pain, migraine, congestion, sore throat, etc. After taking molybdenum most of my symptoms vanished pretty much overnight.

Right now I know my health is my first priority, but I would still like to progress towards my fitness goals and this requires 150g of protein daily. My question is, is there any way this can be done on a candida diet? I have had bad reactions to FAGE greek yogurt in the past because of my leaky gut I think, but maybe that was because it wasn’t organic. Do you think I might be able to tolerate organic greek yogurt better? Getting sufficient protein from eggs seems impossible. I’d have to eat 25+ eggs or 50+ egg whites daily which seems ludicrous. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

So I experimented with some organic, fat-free Oikos greek yogurt tonight and didn’t suffer from the same effects–excessive oil production on my face–that I previously experienced from eating the FAGE inorganic brand. Assuming that this is an okay food for me would there be anything wrong with using it as my main protein source daily. I was thinking like 90-100g of protein from it a day. The only thing I’m concerned about is the sugar count. It contains 9g sugar per 23g protein so that would be around 36g sugar daily. Is this worrisome? Or should the benefits of the active cultures provide more pros than cons. The nutritional information on the back lists the ingredient as: Cultured Pasteurized Organic Nonfat Milk with the following added cultures: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, Bifidus, and L. Casei.

Again, thank you to anyone who responds.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Getting sufficient protein for bodybuilding purposes’ is closed to new replies.