Getting rid of the Mercury before embarking on a Candida diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Getting rid of the Mercury before embarking on a Candida diet

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Dahliabug
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

HI ALL,

I’M NEW TO THE FORUMS AND WOULD LIKE TO ASK SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING MERCURY AND THE CANDIDA DIET. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE’S NO POINT IN DOING THE CANDIDA DIET, OR ATLEAST FULLY SUBMERGING IN IT, CAUSE THE TOXICITY AND ITS EFFECT ON THE BODY.

AM I RIGHT OR WRONG? I

ANOTHER QUESTION I HAVE TO THOSE WHO DID OR ARE DOI G THE TREATMENT IS HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY? AND HOW MUCH TO REMOVE THE MERCURY FILLINGS?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

Dahliabug;55855 wrote: HI ALL,

I’M NEW TO THE FORUMS AND WOULD LIKE TO ASK SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING MERCURY AND THE CANDIDA DIET. IT SEEMS LIKE THERE’S NO POINT IN DOING THE CANDIDA DIET, OR ATLEAST FULLY SUBMERGING IN IT, CAUSE THE TOXICITY AND ITS EFFECT ON THE BODY.

AM I RIGHT OR WRONG? I

ANOTHER QUESTION I HAVE TO THOSE WHO DID OR ARE DOI G THE TREATMENT IS HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY? AND HOW MUCH TO REMOVE THE MERCURY FILLINGS?

Lol, you are right. This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t pay attention to your diet. Just that you shouldn’t expect the diet to make you all better. Check out this link I’m about to post. Read through the page in its entirety: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

Also, here’s a link that describes how to properly remove your fillings: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/dentalnetwork/dental-revision-how-to-do-it/

Finally, join this forum: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/frequent-dose-chelation/info

There are lots of helpful people there recovering via the Cutler protocol and can provide further instruction.

I became mercury toxic despite never having fillings so I can’t tell you how much it costs. Unfortunately, yes, it can be expensive though.

The cost of chelating itself is pretty cheap, although this depends on what chelators you use. DMPS, for example, is relatively expensive although it is usually better at relieving side effects. I just recently spent $150 for a 3 months supply, but consider it worth it because of how much better I feel while taking it. If you can get your insurance to cover it then obviously it would be less expensive. DMSA and ALA are much cheaper. ALA is the only required chelator. ALA, for instance, would cost you roughly $45 for a 3 months supply.

IMPORTANT: Do not take any chelator with amalgams still in your mouth. You will get much sicker. Also, read Amalgam Illness by Andy Cutler before you do any chelating.

Good luck!

Floggi
    Replies: 425

Getting rid of mercury is only useful IF you have mercury in your body.

Chelation is too risky. There are cases of death caused by chelation. Chelation is also known to be carcinogenic. In addition, it damages the kidneys.

ThomasJoel2;55856 wrote: Do not take any chelator with amalgams still in your mouth. You will get much sicker.

Sorry, this is impossible. Chelation is supposed to remove mercury from your blood. There is no coupling between the blood and the amalgam fillings. A chelator in your blood does not magically extract mercury from your amalgam fillings, because there is no contact between the blood and these fillings.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You are misinformed on the diet and chelation dahliabug so I don’t know what to say, but you can get better without chelation and your body does naturally chelate mercury as you get better. You can do both treatments at the same time.

-raster

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

I figured I would copy-pasta my response from the other thread since my reply is equally relevant here.

Floggi;55865 wrote: Chelation is known to be risky. A little boy even died from chelation after his parents were made to believe that “autism doesn’t exist” and that their poor child was “severely poisoned by heavy metals”. In reality, the chelation turned out to be the poison.

What Floggi is saying here has some truth to it. Indeed, chelation done improperly is risky. IV chelation, in particular, is the most dangerous out of all the poor chelation protocols out there. I have not once recommended IV chelation and am adamantly against its use.

The goal of any chelation protocol should be to keep the blood levels of the chelators constant in order to minimize redistribution and maximize excretion. IV chelation follows this rule very poorly because it does not keep the blood levels of the chelators constant. In order to keep the blood levels of any chelator constant you must dose it according to its pharmacokinetics, otherwise known as its half-life. This is incredibly important! Unfortunately, lots of alternative practitioners who administer IV chelation therapy are not aware of this concept. Here is what Andrew Cutler has to say on the matter:

[indent]The chelating agents DMPS and DMSA increase urinary excretion of mercury. For every 2 units of mercury that come out in urine under ordinary conditions, 5 come out in feces. Thus taking enough DMPS to increase the day’s urine level of mercury (250mg IV) actually only doubles the total excretion that day.

Thus, taking DMPS IV once a month would appear to increase overall mercury excretion about 3%. DMPS IV’s have side effects and can also have dangerous adverse reactions. In addition, they are costly. It hardly seems worthwhile.

The side effects seem to be from grabbing up a bunch of mercury, stirring it up, and dropping it as the DMPS level goes down. Anecdotally it appears that people who take DMPS by mouth only experience side effects when they STOP taking it. They have to take it every 8-12 hours to have no side effects during therapy. The side effects experienced after oral therapy are quite mild compared to those experienced after parenteral therapy. Intramuscular administration is associated with somewhat greater side effects than is intravenous administration.

The necessary administration frequency to keep blood concentrations of chelating agent constant within a factor of two can be determined by graphical interpolation from literature reports discussing the pharmacokinetics and metabolism of DMPS, DMSA and lipoic acid. DMPS must be given every 8 hours, DMSA every 4 hours, and lipoic acid every 4 hours. Anecdotally, the exacerbation of side effects by a less frequent administration schedule is less for the lipioc acid than for DMPS or DMSA, but is not negligbile.[/indent]
    Here’s more from Cutler:

[indent]5 out of 6 people don’t have adverse reactions. The 6th one,
    though… Whoooeee!!!!!! See http://www.dmpsbackfire.com.

1 in 6 is the same odds as russian roulette. Everyone is really afraid of
    that, too, but 5/6 of the people who play it come out just fine – nothing
    at all bad happens to them.

The one in 6 incidence of adverse reactions to DMPS injection therapy is what
    some of the physicians who do it (and follow proper protocol) say if asked
    privately, and is confirmed by my polling of patients and making a
    statistical estimate based on that.

I agree that DMPS does not bring mercury into the system. However, someone
    who is not toxic but does have some mercury lying around, like almost
    everyone in modern society does, could be made toxic by a DMPS injection
    when they were not before. This is apparently what happened to Jana.

I agree the stuff these people describe is scary. That is what “adverse
    reaction” means. It doesn’t mean side effect. I’ve actually seen a couple
    of adverse reactions that didn’t show up on the dmpsbackfire site. One
    involved a woman who got jaundice from liver damage AND went nuts enough to
    get locked up in the local mental ward for the weekend.

But realistically, the danger is not the reason to avoid DMPS injections.
    People do scary stuff all the time, and it is often a good idea. The real
    questions are: does the possible reward justify the risk, and is there a
    safer way to get what you want.

Since DMPS injections aren’t very effective for detox, AND there are much
    more effective means that are also much safer (e. g. the oral DMSA that is so
    popular on the list), DMPS injections don’t seem to be a wise choice.
    [/indent]
    Furthermore, your statement that “chelation was the poison” is incredibly misleading. The chelation merely mobilizes the already present poison in our bodies known as heavy metals. The adverse reactions some experience when following improper chelation protocols merely illustrate the magnitude that heavy metals like mercury can have on one’s health. Chelation done right–when the chelators are dosed according to their half-life, with a several day on, several day off schedule–is a relatively benign process. The benefits far outweigh the risks. Anyone interested in chelation should educate themselves on Andy Cutler’s frequent, low-dose protocol. Here’s a great link to get started: http://www.livingnetwork.co.za/chelationnetwork/chelation-the-andy-cutler-protocol/

Floggi;55865 wrote: Chelation is cancer-inducing.

Mercury is a known carcinogen.

Heavy Metals, Mercury, and Cancer

http://drsircus.com/medicine/cancer/heavy-metals-mercury-and-cancer

Some snippets:

“According to the observations made by the internationally recognized medical researcher, Yoshiaki Omura, MD, all cancer cells have mercury in them.”

“It has been shown that mercury rapidly depletes the immune system. Mercury has also been shown to induce auto-immune diseases. Anything that depletes and disturbs the immune system will increase one’s chances of contracting cancer. Mercury binds with hemoglobin, which is responsible for oxygen transport to the tissues. This results in less oxygen reaching the tissues when the body is polluted with mercury. We don’t have to look far in understanding how a heavy metal like mercury can eventually lead one to cancer’s door.”

“Mercury vapors play havoc on the body through a host of means the least of which is to feed the bacteria, fungi and yeasts that thrive on mercury. Mercury will promote the growth of Candida, though as it adsorbs the mercury it thereby protects the system to a certain extent from its toxicity until they are saturated then they begin to re-release the mercury in organic form.”

“Candida (yeast) overgrowth, which is very difficult to get rid of, is also associated with mercury in the mouth. Dr. Tullio Simoncini insists cancer is intimately linked to Candida overgrowth and that life threatening tumors are actually fungi colonies sucking up all available nutrients. The general line of thought though is the body produces yeast as a defense against excess metals. The yeast cell binds and absorbs its own weight in mercury and prevents it from entering the blood stream. Dr. J. Trowbridge has written in his book “The Yeast Syndrome,” that some doctors specializing in Candida treatment have reported to him that they have discovered clinically that 98% of their patients with chronic Candida also had mercury toxicity.”

Floggi;55866 wrote:

Do not take any chelator with amalgams still in your mouth. You will get much sicker.

Sorry, this is impossible. Chelation is supposed to remove mercury from your blood. There is no coupling between the blood and the amalgam fillings. A chelator in your blood does not magically extract mercury from your amalgam fillings, because there is no contact between the blood and these fillings.

This is incorrect and incredibly dangerous advice. I encourage all readers to take heed to my initial warning. The anecdotal evidence alone on this issue, is convincing enough to avoid taking any chelating agents with amalgams or any other ongoing mercury exposure still present. Lots of people get worse.

Floggi

It’s not useful to simply copy one discussion to myriads of places. That’s a scaremonger’s tactic.

Therefore, I refer to my response in the other thread.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

If anyone wants to follow the continued discussion peep this thread:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst10354_Various.aspx

Floggi

Why are you reposting a link that I posted immediately before?

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Floggi;55914 wrote: Why are you reposting a link that I posted immediately before?

Just in case you decided to delete yours. As Tdog pointed out in another thread, you have done this before:

Tdog333;56003 wrote: Also: I’m just wondering why you have deleted all your old posts? As I look through the conversation it appears these people are talking to a Floggi that deleted all his posts.

http://treato.com/Wellbutrin,Hep+B/?pix=1

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

Going back to the original question posed by this thread, here’s some testimonies regarding how peoples’ dysbiosis cleared up after chelating enough:

– “In terms of my diet now, I avoid all the polyunsaturated fats fried or in margarines etc. I just have some udo oil, olive, coconut with foods. I eat sourdough rye bread every other day. Rice most days, potatoes a few times, some pasta although this is the gluten free kind, just a personal choice. The odd bit of white or brown wheat based bread. Organic biscuits made with palm oil, organic flapjacks made with butter. The odd chinese or indian meal. The odd cake. This is what I always looked for when speaking to people about candida/dysbiosis etc. When can I go back to being normal as such or maybe put another way tolerate foods that others can. It never happened until I chelated enough. I don’t know if anyone recovered other ways, I personally never came across anyone over the last 4 years.

– “At my worst, almost four years ago, I was so physically and mentally exhausted I struggled to get out of bed and seldom even had energy to watch TV; had eczema/fungus growing rapidly all over my body 24/7, which caused itching (and pain as I killed it off with natural antifungals) so that I could seldom sleep; poor circulation so I had to rub my arms to get blood to my hands; phlegm in my throat that I had to keep spitting up; ringing in my ears; a strange, occasional ‘overheating’, mainly around my head; dreadfully shaky nerves and brain fog; allergy to EVERY food except organic potatoes, soya beans, cauliflower and broccoli, plus bottled water. The allergy caused pain in all my joints and exasperated all my other symptoms. I eventually worked out that my body “forgot” any food that I didn’t eat regularly and reacted to it when I restarted.

I couldn’t take any kind of supplement because of my allergy and was only able to take ALA (thank God!) because it’s a constituent of potatoes and my body was used to it.

I’d been chelating previously with ALA, but at the end of about 6 months from my lowest/worst point, during which I’d been taking 250mg of ALA 6 times a day with only an occasional break, I found that my food allergies had cleared up for nearly everything (in my usual vegan diet) not full of artificial ingredients and herbicides/pesticides. I was even able to eat gluten that I hadn’t been able to tolerate since a teenager, and which I’d never connected with mercury. ALL my other symptoms either vanished entirely (like the phlegm, tinnitus and poor circulation) or improved 80-90%.

– “Gastrointestinal:
    Cured
    · abdominal cramps
    · nausea
    · bloated feeling
    · colitis (inflammation of the colon)
    · headache after eating
    Diminished
    · diarrhea or constipation”

– “I am exhausted after 4 years of diet and 3 years of heavy (and decreasing) supplementation and 17 months of heavy duty, dedicated chelation and all the other supplemental things we do for our child, but I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. It is a long haul full of self-doubt but it can be done we cannot give up. I am not done yet but am winding down. My children no longer need the gluten, casein, soy free diet. I still use enzymes, but they eat wheat and dairy. I just checked viral titers and await the results. My kids have had normal bowels for quite a while (with yeast not a problem for a long long time). My kids finally fight because Nat is getting the self confidence to have opinions and hold his own. You can still see a subtle change in him when he chelates, so I know he still needs more chelation, but we are almost there. For the first time, I am taking them on a long trip outside the country … because I finally can.”

– “When the last few issues started to clear up I began to reduce the supplements I took. I am not just taking a few supplements, B comp, magnesium, zinc & selenium. I went from having issues with arthritis, allergies to everything, diet was the bare minmum based on low carb because of really bad digestion and related issues, really bad fatigue, brain fog, chemical sensitivities to name a few.

The last things to clear were the digestive issues, e.g. 6 months in I could tolerate carots, squashes, a few months later foods like leeks, garlic, onions. Then rice, 3 months after that potatoes, another 3 months bread. At this point I was a good 15 months in. Then finally casein (bovine protein). I had been fine all the way through with fermented goats milk but could never tolerate anything from a cow.

Also worth mentioning throughout the time I was chelating I was trying foods out and then all of a sudden I would not get fatigued, or have digestive issues. So it was not just a one off, I think I will try that and I was fine.

Floggi

As you stated yourself, correlation is not causation.

You also seem to forget that if A happens after B, this does not prove that A happens because of B. People who like Latin call this the “post hoc ergo propter hoc” fallacy.

The third thing you forget is that a lot of time has passed. Many problems get better with time.

There’s no mentioning of other therapies that were followed during the same time. For all we know, those other therapies may have cured these people, despite the damage that was caused by the chelation.

Finally, you also forget an effect that’s known as ‘regression to the mean’. Consider this question: does breaking an orange dish make a thunderstorm go away? Well, of course not, I hope we can at least agree on this one. No think about what happens when a really bad thunderstorm comes your way. When the thunderstorm is at its worst, you are so desperate that you try just about everything – so, as a last resort, you break an orange dish. And heck, the thunderstorm subsides and then goes away! Three years later, a certain ThomasJoel3 writes in a thunderstorm forum that breaking orange dishes has been proven to make thunderstorms go away.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant

More success stories:

– “I started chelating roughly a year ago, have just finished my 39 round now at 50 DMSA and 30 ALA. I can honestly say that I’m cured. I haven’t really wanted to be so bold and say that out loud. But it has been a month now that I feel back to normal. My symptoms resolved bit by bit as I went along and then quite quickly during the last 2 months. In fact I feel really fantastic now comparatively, and this last week I dropped almost all of my supplements (except vitamin C) to see how I’d get on, and surprise surprise I had no problems. My energy is back to perfect. Mental symptoms resolved, mood improved, skin issues gone and so much more….

That feeling that ‘something is deeply wrong’ has disappeared and that is the most important symptom of all to go. Throughout this illness I never really looked that ill (except for extreme weight loss), but I knew all along SOMETHING WAS VERY WRONG. Not even the people closest to me got it (living alone helped), nor do they get it today. It is like I got slowly sick, then quickly sick, then slowly well, then quickly well and nobody noticed a thing 😉

There are some other mild issues for me to resolve, but now I’m heading for optimal health and will continue to chelate to make sure all is out. I have used other methods to complement Andy’s approach, but am most grateful to Andy for warning of the dangers of chelation and charting a safe path there. It is most certainly the most important part of everything else I used.

It is soooo nice after soooo long to have a real sense of confidence in my health again. 🙂 Thanks to all who contributed advice along the way. I’m very grateful.”

– “My experience, after 21 rounds AC protocol, is this: my brain fog is about 90% better, and since that was my worst symptom, that is HUGE. In the last few weeks I finally did Andy’s fibromyalgia recommendations, and for the first time in 7 years I can sleep the night through with no achiness. Amazing.

I’m a Cutler fan because his protocol has nearly recovered my son from autism, so I’ve been watching that slow steady, sometimes incredible, progress for a few years. My own progress has definitely been slower, and I credit much of my improvement so far to supplements. But I’ve read too many posts over the years about kids and adults doing horribly on protocols other than Cutler’s — so even though it’s slow, it seem to be safest.”

Floggi

It looks like my previous posting was not clear enough. As you did not address anything I wrote, I’ll offer you this information again:

As you stated yourself, correlation is not causation.

You seem to forget that if A happens after B, this does not prove that A happens because of B. People who like Latin call this the “post hoc ergo propter hoc” fallacy.

The third thing you forget is that a lot of time has passed. Many problems get better with time.

There’s no mentioning of other therapies that were followed during the same time. For all we know, those other therapies may have cured these people, despite the damage that was caused by the chelation.

Finally, you also forget an effect that’s known as ‘regression to the mean’. Consider this question: does breaking an orange dish make a thunderstorm go away? Well, of course not, I hope we can at least agree on this one. No think about what happens when a really bad thunderstorm comes your way. When the thunderstorm is at its worst, you are so desperate that you try just about everything – so, as a last resort, you break an orange dish. And heck, the thunderstorm subsides and then goes away! Three years later, a certain ThomasJoel3 writes in a thunderstorm forum that breaking orange dishes has been proven to make thunderstorms go away.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Getting rid of the Mercury before embarking on a Candida diet’ is closed to new replies.