General Concerns

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions General Concerns

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Luke
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 20

It’s been a while since I last posted here, but my battle to reclaim good health hasn’t ceased. In fact, I’m now more informed than ever, and have taken greater strides at achieving my goal over the last two weeks. For 17 days I have been eating as cleanly as possible, abiding not only the candida diet, but a multitude of food intolerances as well. I have been in communication with a naturopathic doctor who has not only confirmed these intolerances, but also an overgrowth of candida. With this in mind, in addition to eating plenty of vegetables, some lean meats (fish, chicken, and turkey), and plenty of anti-fungal foods (specifically garlic), I am taking 15 capsules of SF722 per day, as many as 15 drops of oil of oregano oil per day, 1 T of apple cider vinegar before every meal, digestive enzymes, probiotics, and several vitamins (B, C, D, E, etc.). There are still areas in which I’d like to improve, however, and that is my reason for this post. Below are my general concerns:

– I have meat at least once per day, rarely twice, and only lean (chicken, fish, turkey, and some sea food [shrimp, scallops]). Is this acceptable? As far as I’m concerned, I do feel a little bit “heavier” after eating them but, given the multitude of food intolerances I presently have, it would be difficult to remove them from my diet. I’m six feet and 125lbs, and I need all of the fuel that I can muster. Ideally I’d like to gain weight at some point. The meats that I have don’t affect me as adversely as buckwheat does.
    – I’ve been eating buckwheat at least once per day, at breakfast, sprinkled with cinnamon and stevia powder. Lately, however, I’ve been so hungry that I have been eating it between meals as well. Unfortunately, it never digests properly (as evident in my stools) and makes me feel uncomfortable afterwards. What can I substitute for buckwheat in the mornings that will be easy to digest while abiding the diet? I’m allergic/intolerant to eggs, and I need a breakfast substitute. Moreover, what could I have between meals? Something to munch on that will be easy on my digestion. I’ve tried almonds, but they upset my stomach.
    – I have been preparing bone broth in bulk for consumption once per day, five days a week. In addition to this, I would like to start making my own kefir, but I’m unsure about how to proceed. I’ve come across several recipes, all of which involve dairy which I cannot have. What about water kefir? One recipe I’ve read calls to add sugar, but obviously sugar is a no-no. Coconut kefir? What if I were to use raw coconuts? Does anyone have a safe, reliable recipe for kefir?
    – I read a lot about health related topics: candida, leaky gut, parasites, etc. Among the information I’ve collected, I have read that olive oil can cause inflammation if heated. Is this true? I have olive oil regularly with my vegetables. Also, I’ve read that fish oil should be eaten alongside fat instead of being eaten on its own, and that it’s otherwise useless in terms of efficacy. Is there any truth to this? I want to be absolutely sure.
    – I have reason to believe that I have parasites. Whilst on my current diet, I wish to take any preventative and healing measures with concern to candida, as well as to parasites. As such, I wish to introduce coconut oil into my dietary regime, as well as neem, which I’ve heard to have incredible benefits when cleansing the body of parasites, as well with health in general. Does anyone have any experience with neem? I would be using neem capsules which I assume contains neem leaf powder. I’m even contemplating neem toothpaste, facial wash and shampoo.
    – I would like to incorporate vegetable smoothies into my daily regime as well. Is this recommended? What kinds of vegetables would be ideal?

~

What happened to Able? Is his diet still recommended throughout this forum? Frankly, I can’t remember it very well. Have there been any revisions, and is it absolutely necessary to follow? I might be moving this summer, and I want to heal my body as quickly and as effectively as possible beforehand.

Any and all help with these matters would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to each and every response.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It sounds like you need to chew your food more in general, as much as 30+ times per each bite. This will make it easier for your body to digest the food. When you chew your food you produce digestive enzymes that break it down…

The shrimp and scallops could be setting you back because they are relatively high in mercury.

The frequency of certain foods is up to you but I would be concerned about anything that is not digesting properly. Have you tried any leaky gut supplements?

I would consider not consuming kefir because most people who have recovered from CRC did not get better consuming kefir. It could vary person to person but kefir does contain some yeasts (such as candida) that can set you back potentially.

Fish oil has tremendous benefits so I don’t think the information you found is correct.

Vegetable smoothies are a great way to reduce the digestive load on your body.

Able got banned by the forum because he was sending people to his private website that promotes a variety of health products.

I can share a link to the forum diet if you want one.

-raster

Luke
    Participant

Hey Raster, it’s good to see you again. I appreciate your input and will be taking all of it into account. I’ll find a buckwheat substitute and will refrain from shrimp and scallops. Fortunately, my tests indicated a “moderate” candida imbalance, which I believe was far worse last year but diminished due to (inconsistent) treatment. You’re absolutely right about chewing as I tend not to chew my food very well. I’ve been trying to change that, however. I currently take 5g of L-Glutamine 3x per day, and was at one point taking Throat Coat tea but stopped as I feared that it was interfering with my medication (I take an SSRI for OCD/anxiety/depression). Is there anything else you would recommend?

I won’t have kefir after all if it could potentially set me back. I’m taking a good probiotic, so I’m hoping that will be enough to repopulate my gut. If there are any other ways by which I could achieve this that are risk-free, please let me know.

I’m sorry to hear about Able. I’d love to read the diet if you’d be so kind as to share the link.

Thanks for everything, Raster.

Luke

raster
    Participant

Here is a link to the safe food list:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

I would try to chew your buckwheat more before switching to something else…if you don’t chew, then its pretty normal that it comes up undigested from my experience.

I’d look into HMF neuro and SF722 undecenoic acid. Continue with the glutamine…

-raster

Luke
    Participant

I’m taking SF722 at the moment, specifically 15 capsules daily. HMF neuro is presumably a probiotic? I’ve been taking 5g of a good probiotic twice per day: once in the morning and once at night. According to the label, it contains 329 billion cfu/g, and its contents are comprised of: B.breve 20%; B.longum 20%; B.bifidum 10%; L.plantarum 20%; L.casei 10%; L.rhamnosus 10%; S.thermophilus 10%. I’m not sure what any of this means, but the probiotics were synthesized by a friend of mine and the product is highly regarded and sought after.

Thanks for the food list. I noticed that there are still phases to this diet. Is it absolutely crucial that I abide these stages? Where can I find them? My die-off hasn’t been especially severe, although I initially broke out quite badly and still occasionally suffer with some gastrointestinal distress. It might get worse, though, judging by other peoples’ responses to the diet. What about neem and coconut oil for candida/parasites?

raster
    Participant

You don’t have to follow the stages but like I mentioned in the link, if you consume stage 2/3 foods at low levels you should be fine but at high levels you could experience setbacks.

Coconut oil should bring general benefit.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘General Concerns’ is closed to new replies.