Garlic's anti-fungal properties and vinegar/refrigeration?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Garlic's anti-fungal properties and vinegar/refrigeration?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

divergirl
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’ve been searching all over for a place to ask this, so if this is not the place, I apologize, and feel free to delete my post! 🙂

I’ve had athlete’s foot for 16 years, since I was seven years old (that’s still a form of candida, right?). We went to the doctor for it once when I was 10, but it soon came back, so I just dealt with it after that. It always itched terribly until about 3 years ago, when I began NEVER wearing a pair of socks for more than one day; this made the itching subside but not go away completely. Then, about 8 months ago, I learned about barefooting, and how athlete’s foot is rare among barefoot populations, so I’ve gone barefoot or in open shoes like sandals at least 20 hours a day since then, and it has made my athlete’s foot go into remission (no more itching!) but it still hasn’t gone away. The skin on my soles is still peeling and thick, and I’m sick of looking at it.

I’m going to see a doctor next week Tuesday, but I’d still like to try some home remedies as well. I tried soaking my feet in vinegar daily for half an hour, but after 10 days I had to stop treatment because it dried out my soles so much that the skin starting splitting and left me with painful fissures on my feet. So I’m looking for another method to try!

I read you can mince or crush garlic and let it sit in olive oil for three days and then strain out the garlic and use the garlic-infused olive oil on your feet. However, I’m worried about botulism growing in the olive oil. I wouldn’t be ingesting this concoction, but I don’t want to take any risks!

So I was wondering, does anyone know if vinegar destroys allicin and ajoene? I could add a little vinegar to the oil-garlic mixture upon preparation to prevent botulism, but if the vinegar also destroys the anti-fungal chemicals in the garlic, then it kind of makes it a moot point.

As an alternative idea, does refrigeration destroy allicin and ajoene? Since refrigeration greatly slows down the growth of botulism, and I’d only be making enough oil for about a week at a time, that could be another solution if the vinegar is not a viable option.

Sorry for the strange question (I hope I’m not posting this in the wrong place!) but… does anyone know?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider addressing the flora in your gut; if you kill the bugs that are inside of you, this will then reduce skin problems on the outside of the body. Do you have ringworm as well?

I generally wouldn’t worry about garlic and vinegar interacting or refrigeration. Why are you so concerned about botulism? Do you have it?

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Garlic's anti-fungal properties and vinegar/refrigeration?’ is closed to new replies.