Garden of Life Raw Protein

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Garden of Life Raw Protein

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

I’ve been using hemp protein because I’m allergic to eggs but just read some reviews for this product, Raw Protein by Garden of Life. I’m hoping it will work with the strict candida diet. It contains: Organic RAW Sprout Blend (21,925mg): (Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein, Organic Amaranth Sprout, Organic Quinoa Sprout, Organic Millet Sprout, Organic Buckwheat Sprout, Organic Garbanzo Bean Sprout, Organic Kidney Bean Sprout, Organic Lentil Sprout, Organic Adzuki Bean Sprout, Organic Flax Seed Sprout, Organic Sunflower Seed Sprout, Organic Pumpkin Seed Sprout, Organic Chia Seed Sprout, Organic Sesame Seed Sprout). RAW Probiotic and Enzyme Blend (270mg) (High Protein Chlorella, Proteases, Bacillus subtilis). Other Ingredients: Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Lactobacillus bulgaricus

I’m hoping one of the experts here can give me a go ahead with this product.

Thanks!

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I’d actually recommend you use 100% pure hemp protein. I bake with it, and also add it to kefir smoothies. Tastes great, and haven’t had a problem with it at all. I believe there are a number of ingredients in that link you posted that are not allowed/recommended on the strict diet.

Flipper

Hi again,
    Yes thanks M, I use hemp protein now, but this other thing sounds really good to me. (Do you really think hemp protein tastes great? – maybe with kefir, but I’m allergic to dairy as well.I mix it with coconut milk) I was thinking because the Raw Protein is sprouts it might not be considered like the grain…..

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

My understanding is that it doesnt work nearly as well with water or nut milks (kefir that is). If you are allergic you could use goats milk, which is casein free…thats what Im going to do when I get my grains.

Flipper

That’s interesting Dave. I’m allergic to goats milk too. It’s all this leaky guy stuff, I’m allergic to almost everything these days. I hadn’t heard that water kefir isn’t as good as dairy…..I’ve wondered about that tho.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Where are you at in your treatment? What symptoms remain?

I would only add this in once you are in stage 3 or part way through stage 2. There are so many ingredients in it that if you were allergic to it, you wouldn’t know which ingredient caused it. Are you eating beans regularly in large amounts?

-raster

Flipper

Raster, I’m so glad you asked! I’m 9 months into one form or another of the candida diet. (I’ve seen nutritionists a couple times that sent me in the wrong direction. I’m on stage 2 of the strict diet now and have been for over a month. I’m now allergic to a lot of food so that poses a challenge on an already challenging diet. My main problem all along is fatigue and it has gotten better then worse though out this process. In the past month I’ve increased my probiotics substantially. My doctor had me only taking 20 billion a day, I’m now up to 180 billion with the probiotics Able recommends. Meanwhile I’ve become more tired (esp in the afternoon) and now once again have lots of gas. Some areas have improved, like my fingernails and my tongue, but energy levels still stink. I can’t get though my days, and whereas I used to be an athlete, I’m unable to workout at all and then have energy later in the day.AND I have constant ringing in the ears that is driving me crazy. That started about 6 months ago and gets better when I feel better but is once again fairly bad. So even tho I’ve been on one form of diet or another with only really small cheats I can count on my fingers over the past 9 months I’m still spinning my wheels.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Flipper, I’ve increased my probiotics and sauerkraut and starting drinking kefir within the past week or so, and I’m a lot sleepier and gassier, too. Not very fun, but I try to imagine absurd things, like the good bacteria sneaking in and assassinating the candida, which explode in a puff of smoke (my imagination is mostly in cartoon format), which is why I’m gassy, because they’re winning. :p Stupid die-off!

Flipper

Shayfo, thanks for making me laugh when I wanted to cry! I’m just so brain fogged now I’m afraid I have Alzheimers.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Are you taking molybdenum amino acid chelate? That will help SO MUCH with the brain fog!

Flipper

Thanks alexalgebra, I am, but maybe I just need to take more.

shayfo

🙂

My molybdenum tablets are 500mcg instead of 250 (it was the only one I could find), and they are serving me really well. How much are you taking?

Flipper

I have been taking the 250mcg 3xs a day with meals since I upped the probiotics, so I just took two more since your post and I already feel better. I remember when I started this journey I really needed a lot before I got results, but it really does work when I have enough. Thanks for your post. I LOVE this forum! Don’t know where I’d be without it!

shayfo

I’m glad you’re feeling better. Able has mentioned elsewhere that it’s important to drink nettle tea if you’re taking molybdenum a lot or for a long period of time, because I guess molybdenum can cause copper deficiencies and nettle helps keep that from happening. It’s good, if you haven’t had it, similar to both tea and mild soup at the same time. When I don’t want it to taste like green, I steep it along with a bag of the peppermint/spearmint/lemongrass tea I bought at Trader Joe’s, and that makes it more interesting. Nettle is also supposed to be good for hair and nails, I believe, as well as allergies.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I take it in a pill with quercitin that’s marketed for allergies, but is also good for leaky gut and all this stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Garden of Life Raw Protein’ is closed to new replies.