Gaining Weight

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Gaining Weight

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  M 7 years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

Can anyone advise me on some good methods to try and regain a little weight on this diet? Since I started suffering from Candida I’ve lost close to 8/9kg. I really want to try and put at least a kilo or two back on. Anything beyond just simply, “eat more”, would be appreciated. Are there certain foods that contain more fats that would help me to regain some weight?

Thank you.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try to eat 3-4 course meals if possible. Increase your intake of greek yogurt over time if possible.

Try out the teff/coconut/buckwheat bread, which has excellent weight gain properties.

Try out the pumpkin muffin bread recipe.

Eat more snacks between meals such as celery.

Coconut milk is like 50% saturated fat, so there is a big one!

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I lost 15 kilos in approximately 3 months (same thing, damn candida). I didn’t manage to gain almost any weight back (maybe just like 1/2 of kilo) in 2 months on the diet (stage 1) so I am just waiting for the next stage for that. I think the best you can hope for is to not loose any more weight 🙂

I cheat with fourth slice of coconut bread, I eat a lot of coconut chips as a snack, and I did notice that kefir (made out of high fat milk) helped (I think this is when I got the half kilo back). Unfortunately I got hit with hard case of die-off last week without molybdenum and I’ve lost about a kilo again!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Pour olive oil on your salads and vegetables and include it in soups. Eat avocados regularly and choose fatty fish like salmon and mackerel. When you introduce something carby like buckwheat, it should be a lot easier. It must be difficult for anyone who’s remotely active though.

M

All good suggestions. I eat coconut/teff/buckwheat/millet bread on an almost daily basis (2/3 slices), plus I use quite a bit of extra virgin olive oil in salads and when I stir-fry, as well as coconut oil. The pumpkin bread gave me a reaction so it’s off the menu for the time being. I sometimes throw coconut milk into my curries which thickens it up nicely. I also make yoghurt kefir with organic milk. However, I just don’t seem to be gaining any weight. Maybe I should eat more frequently, but just don’t quite have the time to stand around in the kitchen all day cooking. I work full-time and live alone.

Has anyone ever found/tried a good buckwheat pasta? The only one I found contained 60% buckwheat and 40% rice flour. The rice flour is clearly off the menu though.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

M wrote: Has anyone ever found/tried a good buckwheat pasta? The only one I found contained 60% buckwheat and 40% rice flour. The rice flour is clearly off the menu though.

The Japanese have noodles called 十割そば (juu-wari-soba), which literally means 100% buckwheat. Maybe you can buy them in Korea, or maybe Koreans have their own version.

M
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Gaining Weight’ is closed to new replies.