Fungi in apartment

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fungi in apartment

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

I recently moved into a new place, as mentioned earlier, and I have noticed it has some black fungi both in the shower and by the kitchen sink. This worries me a bit.

Since I have moved I have noticed my hands getting even more dry and sore (already they were, but more) my eyelid is sore and a bit swollen and my skin has gotten more zits. I have used some different hand soaps so it could be that. the air is at times more dry and at times it has been more humid.

Over all Im just wondering if tliving here can have a very negative effect on my health? also what is the best was to remove the fungi? I read somewhere that if fungi is in woodwork it is really hard to get rid of it, and even if you kill it it will still be allergen, is this true?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would be very concerned and would get a new place ASAP. In the US the landlord is legally responsible for making sure the apartment is mold free and you can call the county health inspector on their ass if they don’t fix it.

-raster

smurfie
    Participant
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 52

Thanks. I don’t live in the US, but this might get me out of the contract. I have been kinda iffy about the apartment anyways. Although I would like for it to work out, I just don’t know if it is.

Also I got a huge zit on my leg where there’s a huge red swollen area.. I think a hair got infected or something,never had something that big before.

But it is true though that all apartments probably have some mold in them, since its pretty much everywhere. Its just a matter of how much basically?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well new places don’t have mold typically. Its always found in the air because thats how food gets moldy. But if you can see it, then thats good. In the US, mold problems are grounds for termination of a rental lease, but you might have to get a lawyer.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fungi in apartment’ is closed to new replies.