Full blown UTI – starting to panic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Full blown UTI – starting to panic

This topic contains 15 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Angel29 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I’m starting to panic over here. I’ve had a UTI for months but have had it under control. It didn’t bother me that much until today. Now it’s a full blown infection and I have absolutely no clue what I should do. I’m eating the cranberry pills and drinks litres of water, I think I’ll drown in all the water soon, but it just keeps getting worse. Will I be forced to take antibiotics? What on earth should I do?

Aren’t there some obscure remedies I ahven’t heard about? :(:(

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Here is a post Dr. Mcoomb’s has about how antibiotics can cause UTI’s:

http://drmccombs.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/75-candida-studies-the-candida-fact-sheet/

He links to a few studies that show their relationship.

-raster

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

There was the baking soda and water solution that Able or Raster suggested to me. I tried it and think it helped a bit. Other than that, urinate often and make sure you don’t stop in the middle of urinating. I feel your pain, I had the same thing a few weeks ago and the burning was so bad that I was in tears.

Angor, have you tried taking Azo to at least get rid of the pain and urgency while you deal with actually getting rid of the UTI?

Angor

Angel29;30624 wrote: There was the baking soda and water solution that Able or Raster suggested to me. I tried it and think it helped a bit. Other than that, urinate often and make sure you don’t stop in the middle of urinating. I feel your pain, I had the same thing a few weeks ago and the burning was so bad that I was in tears.

Angor, have you tried taking Azo to at least get rid of the pain and urgency while you deal with actually getting rid of the UTI?

I knoow, and then I was giving you advice lol. Look where I am at now ;-p Thanks for the baking soda tip I’ll try it first thing in the mornining. Are you recovering from you UTI you think? Or do you still have it? Thanks a lot for helping!

Oh, and I forgot to ask. What is Azo?

Angor

raster;30620 wrote: Here is a post Dr. Mcoomb’s has about how antibiotics can cause UTI’s:

http://drmccombs.wordpress.com/2010/09/22/75-candida-studies-the-candida-fact-sheet/

-raster

Thanks raster, I don’t want to take antibiotics, but on EVERY website it says that it’s necessary to get rid of an UTI. And all the doctors say the same thing.

I’ve had it for months. And this is my 7 or 8 month on the diet. It won’t go away. I don’t know what to do to get rid of it completeley. Is it even possible without antibiotics? I mean, I’m already on the diet, what more can I do?

What did they do when antibiotics didn’t exist? Did they go nuts from UTI or what happened?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Angor;30628 wrote:

-raster

Thanks raster, I don’t want to take antibiotics, but on EVERY website it says that it’s necessary to get rid of an UTI. And all the doctors say the same thing.

I’ve had it for months. And this is my 7 or 8 month on the diet. It won’t go away. I don’t know what to do to get rid of it completeley. Is it even possible without antibiotics? I mean, I’m already on the diet, what more can I do?

What did they do when antibiotics didn’t exist? Did they go nuts from UTI or what happened?

Ok, let me see if I can help.

What your urine analysis says ??? If it is bacterial, it will show up in the urine analysis most of the time. Generally, E. Coli that escapes from the gut infects the UT.

If it is caused by candida albicans or another species. An urine culture looking for candida will show it.

You need an urine culture or a series of it.

Don’t play with UTI because it can infect your kidneys. If you need antibiotics, you must take them with measures to avoid an increase of candida colonies such as diet, Nystatin, Fluconazole or any other powerful antifungal.

Again, don’t play with an infection.

Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Angor;30628 wrote: I’ve had it for months. And this is my 7 or 8 month on the diet. It won’t go away. I don’t know what to do to get rid of it completeley. Is it even possible without antibiotics? I mean, I’m already on the diet, what more can I do?

They used herbs.

Continue the cranberry capsules and start taking 1000 mg of vitamin C every hour for four hours straight, then take 1000 mg every 1 ½ hours for the remainder of the day. The next day continue taking 1000 mg every two hours throughout the day. Once you are over the infection, you can lower the amount to around 5000 mg a day.

Vitamin C works with urinary tract infections by causing the urine to become more acidic, therefore inhibiting the growth of the bacteria.

Able

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

The choice is yours Angor. Doesn’t hurt to take a lot of Vitamin C, but antibiotics may be necessary to avoid serious infection.

oh_livia
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 9

Forget Cranberry, take D-Mannose! It’s the concentrated magic stuff in cranberries that washes out the e. coli bacteria. I’ve had very bad utis (peeing a lot of blood) that I’ve gotten over with D-Mannose. I also take it as a supplement, because I am still having chronic UTIs 6 months into the diet. You can find it at most vitamin shops. It comes in powder or capsule form. It is a sugar, but not a sugar that organisms can eat (i.e. that can feed candida). Good luck!

more info:
    Normaly, one 50g dose of D-Mannose is sufficient. The first two days, the intake of one teaspoon every three hours is recommended. The following days, three times a day or according to needs. At this point, the infection should be cleared. It is recommended to keep taking D-Mannose once a day for a period of time.

D-mannose content in cranberries is the main reason why cranberry juice is often recommended for minor UTIs. D-mannose for UTI pain relief and treatment is ideal because it is produced by the body in the urinary tract lining and is available in health food stores as a supplement in powder and capsule form.

D-mannose typically eliminates UTIs caused by E. coli in as little as 24 to 48 hours. Moreover, D-mannose supplements can also be taken for UTI prevention, a benefit that antibiotic drugs cannot provide.

Note: If you do not notice an improvement in your symptoms within 48 hours, most likely your symptoms are not caused by E. coli. If that is the case, you may need to be treated with antibiotics and should see your doctor.

If you do have to take antibiotics: also take probiotics and antifungals
    To maximize the beneficial effect of the probiotics, take them at least 2 hours apart from your dosage of antibiotics. This way as few as possible of the ‘good bacteria’ will get killed by the antibiotics in your gut.

Take the probiotics after a meal as this is when your stomach acid is at its lowest. You can take probiotics before, during and after your course of antibiotics.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

oh_livia;30652 wrote: Take the probiotics after a meal as this is when your stomach acid is at its lowest. You can take probiotics before, during and after your course of antibiotics.

Probiotics should be taken one hour before a meal or two hours following a meal. Probiotics consist mainly of proteins so there’s a good chance that specific enzymes produced during a meal could break down the probiotic or cause difficulty in attaching to the intestines.

And you should definitely take probiotics before, during and after the course of antibiotics.

Able

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

Azo is a cheap OTC medication that greatly reduces pain and urgency from UTI. It does not cure it.

Angor

Angel29;30663 wrote: Azo is a cheap OTC medication that greatly reduces pain and urgency from UTI. It does not cure it.

Thanks for the info! How are you doing now, Angel? Are your UTI better?

Angor

Able900;30658 wrote:

Take the probiotics after a meal as this is when your stomach acid is at its lowest. You can take probiotics before, during and after your course of antibiotics.

Probiotics should be taken one hour before a meal or two hours following a meal. Probiotics consist mainly of proteins so there’s a good chance that specific enzymes produced during a meal could break down the probiotic or cause difficulty in attaching to the intestines.

And you should definitely take probiotics before, during and after the course of antibiotics.

Able

Thank you Able. I’m afraid I have to give in to antibiotics. The last days I have been taking tons of cranberry pills, drinking tons of water, lemon, vitamin C. I also bought a natural medicine containing Uva-ursi which actually seemed to help. Unfortunatly it gave me a mild but unplesant allergic reaction. My face and throat started to swollen. I’m so sad it had to come to this. The last couple of weeks I felt like I finally had a break-through in my recovery process. My stomach has been so much better. And now this … It makes me sad, but I need to get rid of my UTI which only seems to get worse …

Angor

oh_livia;30652 wrote: Forget Cranberry, take D-Mannose! It’s the concentrated magic stuff in cranberries that washes out the e. coli bacteria. I’ve had very bad utis (peeing a lot of blood) that I’ve gotten over with D-Mannose. I also take it as a supplement, because I am still having chronic UTIs 6 months into the diet. You can find it at most vitamin shops. It comes in powder or capsule form. It is a sugar, but not a sugar that organisms can eat (i.e. that can feed candida). Good luck!

more info:
    Normaly, one 50g dose of D-Mannose is sufficient. The first two days, the intake of one teaspoon every three hours is recommended. The following days, three times a day or according to needs. At this point, the infection should be cleared. It is recommended to keep taking D-Mannose once a day for a period of time.

D-mannose content in cranberries is the main reason why cranberry juice is often recommended for minor UTIs. D-mannose for UTI pain relief and treatment is ideal because it is produced by the body in the urinary tract lining and is available in health food stores as a supplement in powder and capsule form.

D-mannose typically eliminates UTIs caused by E. coli in as little as 24 to 48 hours. Moreover, D-mannose supplements can also be taken for UTI prevention, a benefit that antibiotic drugs cannot provide.

Note: If you do not notice an improvement in your symptoms within 48 hours, most likely your symptoms are not caused by E. coli. If that is the case, you may need to be treated with antibiotics and should see your doctor.

If you do have to take antibiotics: also take probiotics and antifungals
    To maximize the beneficial effect of the probiotics, take them at least 2 hours apart from your dosage of antibiotics. This way as few as possible of the ‘good bacteria’ will get killed by the antibiotics in your gut.

Thank you very much for the info. Though, I can’t find D-mannose anywhere in my country :-((

Angor

dvjorge;30630 wrote:

-raster

Ok, let me see if I can help.

What your urine analysis says ??? If it is bacterial, it will show up in the urine analysis most of the time. Generally, E. Coli that escapes from the gut infects the UT.

If it is caused by candida albicans or another species. An urine culture looking for candida will show it.

You need an urine culture or a series of it.

Don’t play with UTI because it can infect your kidneys. If you need antibiotics, you must take them with measures to avoid an increase of candida colonies such as diet, Nystatin, Fluconazole or any other powerful antifungal.

Again, don’t play with an infection.

Jorge.

Thank you!! I took the test (not for candida though, doctors here hardly even know what that is or want to recognize it’s existence). It showed that I have bacteria in my urine. I guess antibiotics is my only choice right now. Sad, as said.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Full blown UTI – starting to panic’ is closed to new replies.