Fried eggplant

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  sby 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Downtown
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 39

I made this last night, and to my suprise it was actually very good. It had a great taste and had the texture of fried squash.

Ingredients:
    Whole eggplant
    Coconut oil
    salt
    pepper
    garlic powder

Peel and slice the eggplant into 1/8 to 1/4 inch round pieces. Heat coconut oil in pan. Make sure you have plenty of coconut oil because the eggplant really soaks a lot of it up. Throw the eggplant in the pan, season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any other seasoning you would like to try. Cook until golden brown and flip.

This might even work being breaded in egg and flour (coconut, flax, etc.) Havent tried it yet, but might in the near future.

I know some wont like the idea of fried eggplant, but it’s hard to tell the difference. Being from where Im from, believe me I know my fried foods.

Dt

Amz
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

Oh yes! Had this last nite as well and it was amazing! Really hit the spot but I only used a little bit of coconut oil and just cooked them till they were a little brown 🙂

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Yesterday must have been aubergine day!! I slow roasted one in tin foil, just brushed it with olive oil & salt. It wasn’t brilliant to be honest, but at least i has 3 other tasty veggies on the plate! I’ll try it your way next time…

Although my favourite is slow cooking chunks of aubergine with whole garlic cloves and chunks of red onion – loads of coconut oil, salt & pepper. Cover and slow roast for about an hour. Really delicious.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Sounds interesting! Thanks for posting this! I will try it.
    Lauren

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Yesterday I made breaded eggplant:

Peel eggplant and cut into round slices. Put some salt on it and stir and let it sit for about half an hour to an hour. Whisk eggs with some sea salt in one dish and place flour in another (I made it with buckwheat whole grain flour). If you are eating yoghurt or kefir you can whisk some with eggs. Squeeze eggplant to get extra moisture out. Dip slices into flour, then eggs, then again into flour. Fry in oil (oil should be deeper than slices so they kind of float.

I ate it today with a mixed salad on the side, and in the afternoon I made a tasty snack by making a sandwich out of it with some lettuce, cucumber in my oat bran/buckwheat brad.

You can bread your chicken or zucchini this way, I did it with chicken breast before and it tastes pretty good.

Warning: it looks kind of dark when made with buckwheat flour but it tastes quite decent so don’t be scared by it’s look.

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Won’t that kill the benefits of the plant?

sby
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 27

Lucylu wrote: Yesterday must have been aubergine day!! I slow roasted one in tin foil, just brushed it with olive oil & salt. It wasn’t brilliant to be honest, but at least i has 3 other tasty veggies on the plate! I’ll try it your way next time…

Although my favourite is slow cooking chunks of aubergine with whole garlic cloves and chunks of red onion – loads of coconut oil, salt & pepper. Cover and slow roast for about an hour. Really delicious.

Do you peel the skin off of the eggplant when you slow roast it, or leave it on?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Fried eggplant’ is closed to new replies.