Frequent Urination, Uncomfortable bladder.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Frequent Urination, Uncomfortable bladder.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Castielle 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Apollard22
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hey guys.

I’ve been having symptoms and not sure if it candida or not.

I had unprotected sex 2 months ago. First symptoms were frequency and urgency of urination. Noticed a red type of leison on my foreskin that a doctor said looked fungal. My penis hasn’t really felt the same sense. Dribbling after urination, no pain but definitely uncomfortable after masturbation/sex. It feels like there is definitely some type of bacteria/infection either in my bladder, prostate or urethra. I’ve had every test done by a doctor. All bloodwork, negative for all std’s. Negative for UTI, even got special testing done for mycoplasm, europlasm and trich- all negative. I have NOT been tested for candida and I feel like maybe I have it. Has anyone experienced anything like this!? It’s definitely affecting my quality of life, making me depressed and causing problems with my girlfriend. My body usually fights things off really well but this has been going on for 2 months and it’s pretty scary.. I went off of sugar and caffeine recently but I don’t really see much of a change because I still have the symptoms.. Mainly it feels like I have to pee all of the time, I feel pressure in my bladder, my penis doesn’t feel great- kind of a weak/tender feeling. Any advice would help! Thanks

Castielle
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 7

Just so you know, you’re not alone. I have the exact same symptoms as you describe. I mean exactly. Only it’s been going on for over 2 years. I saw a GP and was treated for a yeast infection, because I was sure that was the problem, and was given fluconazole. I took the first pill and instantly started feeling better. I was excited that I found a solution. Then after I took the second the symptoms came back. Went back to the doctor and was given another prescription, but ended with the same results. She sent me to a urologist who said there was nothing wrong, but because I didn’t like how loose the skin on the shaft of my penis was I could get another circumcision. 🤔 No thanks. Second opinion.
    Went to another urologist and even though I had zero symptoms, she said I could have lichen sclerosus. Nope.
    I began reading up on candida and I feel like that has to be the problem. I started eating cleaner and taking probiotics and again had significant improvement. I thought I had found the solution once again, but the symptoms came back again. I’m considering the candida diet, but I guess I would like confirmation from someone else that that’s what I’m dealing with before I go down that depressing road. I’ve mostly cut out sugar and carbs already, but it doesn’t seem to be getting better.

Apollard22
    Participant

Castielle

Thanks for your reply.

What started these symptoms for you? And has this been off and on for 2 years or very consistent? I’m so confused I’ve ever pretty much every test possible. My urologist finally said it’s non specific urethritis. I’m on my third antibiotic which I’m skeptical to start because I’ve already taken Flagyl & Doxycycline which have not worked.. Sometimes I can’t tell if it’s all in head but it seems like when I don’t have sugar/caffeine it feels better.

Also, can you go into detail about your symptoms?

Are you still actively trying to figure out what is causing this or have you basically just accepted it?

Castielle
    Participant

From what I’ve read about Candida, antibiotics kill off probiotics and makes the Candida worse. I’m no expert on the subject either. I only recently came to the conclusion that I could be dealing with candida overgrowth, but I was hoping that someone who knows more about this topic could maybe help us both to confirm that we are dealing with candida symptoms.
    My symptoms started out with the skin of the shaft of my penis becoming thinner and more wrinkled. Also the skin has ALWAYS stayed firm above the head of the penis, but it started going down over the head, covering it. I started noticing a kind of itchy irritability in the head and a slight red rash on the shaft skin. I also started noticing that I was having a harder time gauging when I was done peeing and sometimes would get dribbles coming out after I thought I was done. I chalked it up to a regular yeast infection and used Monistat for a couple of weeks which did not help much other than take the rash away. I tried fluconazole and thought that I was well onto full recovery, but symptoms started returning. Tried another round of fluconazole with the same results. After the 2 urologists, I decided that I wanted to go on a strict diet to lose a little weight and was going to the gym 5 days a week while taking probiotics and multivitamins. I started noticing the shaft skin of my penis was firming up and it had gone back to normal staying above the head again. The itchy, irritable feeling of the head had faded. I thought I had finally figured it out, but I hadn’t cut sugar completely and I think that’s what caused things to revert.
    Now I’m about ready to start the Candida diet, but I would like confirmation of my symptoms because I don’t hear about these symptoms from other people. I am also waiting for my finances to improve a little before starting because I know it’ll be expensive getting everything I need for the diet.
    Other symptoms I have are a seriously reduced sex drive, joint pain (not positive it’s related), unexplained weight gain (could be that I’m getting older, but I was never over 135 lbs and solid muscle), I also notice a strange odor when I pee and there is a slight burning sensation at times. Also, I get out of breath easier. Sorry this was so long.

Apollard22
    Participant

No worries thanks for the insight. Was this after unprotected sex? Also do you have frequency/urgency of urination? It feels like my bladder is never empty. Did u cut out caffeine too? Mine feels worse when I have stress, caffeine and sugar

Castielle
    Participant

Yes, I forgot to mention the urgency and frequency of urination. I did still have a cup of coffee a day which I have found coffee is also not good to have if you have candida. No fun at all. Lol.

Castielle
    Participant

Also yes, I had unprotected sex as well, but have been treated for all STDs multiple times.

Apollard22
    Participant

And it’s been going on for 2 years!? I feel like my main symptoms now are dribbling after I pee, having to pee all the time, a little uncomfortable in my urethra & like my scrotom if I push on it. I’ve been on doxycycline, flagyl and kelfex so far.. It’s really making me depressed I can’t masturbate or have sex like before and it doesn’t seem to be getting better. Which antibiotics have you tried? Did your urologist diagnosis this as non specific urethritis?

Castielle
    Participant

No. The 2 urologists I went to wouldn’t listen to the symptoms and basically dismissed everything I said. They were not useful. One said I could get a second circumcision (had one at birth) because I told him the skin of the shaft of my penis didn’t used to go over the tip. He said if it really bothered me, I could get a circumcision. Obviously not the problem. The second one said there was nothing wrong that she could see by examining me and wouldn’t listen to me. I never took antibiotics, just fluconazole. I also have discomfort in my urinary tract. It’s constant. Like I said, if we are dealing with candida, antibiotics make it worse. Try going off of antibiotics. The diet I started for a week that was working was about 1,000 calories a day. I had a protein bar, 2 peaches, almonds, cashews, a turkey and 50 calorie per slice bread sandwich, 4oz chicken breast and asparagus or broccoli. I also had a tall Pike’s place coffee from Starbucks and a coke. If you cut out sugar you’ll do way better than I did. Probiotics helped as well.

Hatetheovergrowth
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Hi both. It’s interesting to read some of your thoughts on this.

I’ll try be as brief as possible…you know how it is.

I think I’ve had an underlying issue for years with an overgrowth. I’m not sure where it actually begins but I’d say it could be linked to an event close to 10 YEARS ago. I had an encounter with a girl which is a blurry moment however I am 95% sure nothing serious happened. But somehow I didn’t feel right the following day/week. I had a rash down below and slightly painful urination. I went and got checked for STIs etc and I was all clear. Happy days, but in the back of my mind I was never convinced that I was in the all clear somehow.

Over the years I went on various anti-fungal/bacteria creams or what not as a rash kept coming back. I’d got to a point where I was managing it though and would rarely show up.

I got to University and got a horrendous freshers flu. I had to go on antibiotics. I never made a link at the time but no doubt that didn’t do me good for gut bacteria etc. I’m pretty sure I was put on a cream for a yeast infection down below around the same time. I then managed for a long time to live with it again and didn’t really have any symptoms for a long time.

I started a job 2 and a half years ago and the stress seemed to trigger something again! It’s so difficult to get any doctor to properly listen when you are so stressed out you can barely talk about the issues. I’ve ended up with psoriasis which no cream seemed to get rid of for longer than a few days. I had terrible digestion (Still have issues). Diagnosed with IBS. I have this horrendous stringy saliva like I’m unbelivably dehydrated which just seems unfair as I drink a good amount of water. I was insanely exhausted and at times, struggled to stay awake at work (Alot of that was stress and anxiety preventing sleep). Issues with circulation. What I would consider “accelerated” male pattern baldness but that could just be unfortunate.

The one comment on here that really stood out for me, is Castielle mentioning the following “Other symptoms I have are a seriously reduced sex drive, joint pain (not positive it’s related), unexplained weight gain (could be that I’m getting older, but I was never over 135 lbs and solid muscle), I also notice a strange odor when I pee and there is a slight burning sensation at times. Also, I get out of breath easier. Sorry this was so long.”

A lot of this rings true with me. My urine is barely ever clear anymore and has had an odour for 2 years, which was never the case prior to that. I have had some form of burning sensation at random times but not very often. I have actually recently had a weird sensation which feels like I haven’t finished but can’t pee…weird. But the biggest thing for me is the serious lack of fitness over the past 2 years.

I will literally be exhausted from what I’d have considered an average workout 3 years ago. I get it, you get out of a routine. But I played a football match about 6 months ago and I was so exhuasted that I was very close to throwing up multiple times, felt empty in terms of food for about 4 days even though I’d eaten a lot of food. I couldn’t understand it. I did not do a huge amount of running during the game.

All I can say is that the brief time that I followed the diet, I did feel better in many ways. But I just couldn’t keep it up for long. My tongue seemed to clear up and didn’t have a white coating, acid reflux reduced and I genuinely felt quite a bit better. I had more energy and felt more alert. At the time of trying it I was moving house so it was too much but I think I might try again soon if things don’t start to get better. As I am seriously fed up, as you can imagine.

Apologies this got so long! I hope it somehow helps one of you, even if it is comparing symptoms. I believe I am fixing some of the issues…even if it is insanely slow.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Hatetheovergrowth
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

One of the weirdest sensations I’ve had is almost feeling hungover after eating a huge bowl of paste one night.

Honestly I have no idea how to sort these issues :D. I wish you both good luck. I’ll be checking back here.

Castielle
    Participant

I have been on stage 4 of the Candida diet for 10 days now. The only real difference I have noticed is that I’ve lost 15 pounds of fat since my body isn’t getting sugar or carbs. It has no choice really. I was reluctant to do this diet because I didn’t want it to be for nothing, but I’m losing hope. At least I’m healthier I suppose. I’ll keep updating.

Castielle
    Participant

So I stopped the diet completely. No difference at all except for gaining back a few pounds. I’m convinced that I’m not dealing with candida, but I have no idea what else it could be. If anyone else figures it out, I can’t tell you enough how much it would mean to me if you let me know. It would change my life and I could actually feel whole again. Sorry I couldn’t be more help Apollard22.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.