Found this website and, I think, finally an answer to my recurring thrush.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Found this website and, I think, finally an answer to my recurring thrush.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SpaceCadet 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SpaceCadet
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hello all. Ive been suffering with constant bouts of Thrush for the last 4 years.
    The doctor just keeps throwing tablets at me. I think she thinks Im catching it during sex and is just writing me off as promiscuous, and that is not the case at all and Im sick of her doing nothing. Also now I have become allergic to Canasten cream and I get eczma if I use it, which is quite painful down there.

I noticed last year that certain foods were triggering my Thrush, usually mouldy, sugary and yeasty products. It got to the stage where I had to stop eating bread, cheese, mushrooms & alchohol.

I used to drink Yakult and take a supplement called MiLiven Mivitality pro biotic, and that keep it at bay for a while. But these days it doesnt seem to matter what I do, the thrush flares up no matter what.

Anyway, this week I have had terrible thrush again, and for the first time ever I have it in my mouth. Im so sick of the doctor doing nothing. Shes never asked me about my diet etc, never put me in for any other tests, and some times I would be down there once every month with thrush! So I decided to come online, and I found this site.

This week Im going to follow the detox thing and eat vegetables. If anything this site has mad me see that I havent been looking after my body and have been reaching for mouldy, yeasty foods. I read in a nutrition book a few years ago that when a certain food product doesnt agree with you, your body craves it. I certainly feel thats the case for me as all I seem to feel like eating is bread & cheese alot of the time.

I’ll let you know how I get on. These are the products Ive gone for.

Pro Biotic Yoghurt
    Breakfast – Omlete with peppers & onion
    Lunch – Salad
    Dinner – Vegetables
    Desert – Probiotic yoghurt
    Snacks – Nuts

Extras…
    Coconut Oil
    Grapefruit seed oil
    Pumpkin seeds
    Vitamin C
    Garlic Supplements
    Pro biotic supplements
    Multi vitamins

Wish me luck!

K8t

Hi,

i have been through all the same stuff as u and know exactly how u feel i have had recurring thrush for more then 6 years now and this diet has so far been my saviour!! i to think i am alergic to the general over the counter thrush creams!!!
    🙁 im on week 7 of the diet and from week 2 onwards have felt great and have had hardly any thrush. I am also seeing a natropath and am on a few suplements to kill the candida as well. Keep up the good work and stay positive this has worked for me so far and i hope it does for you as well.- also the weight loss which accompanies this diet is a good positive 🙂

Cheers K8T

SpaceCadet

Hello K8t, its good to know there are people out there who understand how Im feeling, thanks for posting 🙂

Im at the end of week one of my diet. Cutting out sugar completely has certainly made me feel strange this week. Ive felt spaced out & had headaches.
    If anything its made me realise how much I use sugary products to lift my mood.
    Ive been craving sugar all week but I know its the evil candida trying to make me feed it LOL.
    My diet this week has consisted of…

——————

Breakfast

Porridge oats with a blob of manuka honey (known for its antibacterial properties)

Lunch

Omelette with chopped onions, peppers and tomatoes. Cooked in coconut oil.
    Natural set yoghurt

Dinner

Wild rice
    Vegetables (brocolli, cauliflower, kale, with a dash of Tika Masala cooking sauce

(The sauce does contain double cream, sugar, starch and yoghurt. But I weighed this up against the other ingredients and decided I could benefit. Other ingredients are onion, garlic, lemon juice, corriander leaf, ginger, cinnamon, black pepper, black onion seed.

Snacks

Celery with humous dip
    Sesame seed ryvita with cucumber or tomatos.
    Chopped raddishes

Drinks – water.

—————————–

Im not sure how the diet will help my thrush problem as of yet. But I have realised that I really dont look after myself and dont eat the right foods.
    I’ll see how I get on in week 2 🙂

SpaceCadet

Oh and Ive also been taking supplements, garlic, vitamic c and zinc, pro biotic tablet and a yakult drink in the morning.

SpaceCadet

Back again.
    Everything went great through my detox. But last week I graduated so had a week of celebration, alchohol, chocolate, sugary stuff & bread and guess what, woke up this morning with thrush in my mouth again 🙁
    Its so crap that one week of eating naughty food can do that. I just want to be normal and be able to eat sugary foods like normal people 🙁 🙁
    Back on my candida diet again today 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Found this website and, I think, finally an answer to my recurring thrush.’ is closed to new replies.