Forum Update – IMPORTANT NOTICE

Home The Candida Forum Announcements & Technical Support Forum Update – IMPORTANT NOTICE

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anna 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi everyone,

You may have noticed that we have now upgraded the Candida Forum, and you’ll be happy to hear that this version will be much faster and more reliable!

Login problems
    Some of you may experience problems when logging into the new forum for the first time. If this happens, you simply need to clear the cookies in your browser. Don’t worry, you will only need to do this once!

Here are instructions for how to do this on your browser:
    Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9
    Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
    Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored
    Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5049

Please send us a note at admin(at)thecandidadiet.com if you have any problems.

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Anna.
    The site looks fantastic. I’ve logged in and out a few times with no problems at all, and by the way, I didn’t need to clear the ‘cookies’ from my computer first. Thanks again for all your hard work, and for putting up with the complaints for so long.

Sincerely, Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thank you anna, looks pretty spiffy and I think it will be a positive change.

-raster

anna
    Keymaster

I just added the Safari instructions to my first post for any Mac users that are experiencing login problems.

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

raster
    Participant

Hello Anna,

You need to include a “report spam” button on all of the posts because it will return and has returned.

Thanks,
    Raster

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Raster

There is actually a ‘Report’ button on the bottom right of each post. If you click that then it will be marked and the next time I log in I will see it.

When we upgraded the forum I added some security measures when users create new accounts. The idea was that with these in place, we could eliminate the ‘captcha’ function on posts which I know most people dislike. However if we find that there is too much spam over the coming weeks, I can either restart the ‘captcha’ or there is also some anti-spam service which we can use.

Best
    Anna

raster
    Participant

Hey Anna,

I have another glitch.

It says “your private message box is full. Maximum allowed is 0. Please delete messages to free space.”

I am unsure what I need to do; it also says I am using 0% of my account space.

I don’t really need any old pms or any that were sent but it is good to have the peoples screennames so I can contact them later possibly.

-raster

anna
    Keymaster

raster;29767 wrote: Hey Anna,

I have another glitch.

It says “your private message box is full. Maximum allowed is 0. Please delete messages to free space.”

I don’t really need any old pms or any that were sent but it is good to have the peoples screennames so I can contact them later possibly.

-raster

Let me look into this, I’m guessing there might be a limit on the number of PMs and perhaps I can increase that somehow.
    Best,
    Anna

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

Hello,

This may sound silly, but I’m having problems with the ‘multi-quote’ and ‘quote’ buttons. When I click ‘multi-quote’, the page scrolls up. When I click quote, the entire quote (not just a highlighted portion) appears. Could you please walk me through how to use these properly?

Thanks!

anna
    Keymaster

SRQ;29977 wrote: Hello,

This may sound silly, but I’m having problems with the ‘multi-quote’ and ‘quote’ buttons. When I click ‘multi-quote’, the page scrolls up. When I click quote, the entire quote (not just a highlighted portion) appears. Could you please walk me through how to use these properly?

Thanks!

Hi SRQ

Sure no problem. That button is for when you want to quote multiple posts. If you click on the Multi-Quote button you will notice that it turns red. Then you can click on the Multi-Quote button for another post and that will also turn red. If you then click on ‘Quote’, then all of the posts that you have selected will appear in your reply.

It’s a little confusing because you might expect it to quote multiple parts of an individual post. What it actually does is quotes multiple *whole* posts.

Separately, if you want to quote just part of a single post, use the ‘Quote’ button and delete the bits you don’t need.

I hope that clears it up!

Best,
    Anna

SRQ
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 53

anna;29979 wrote:

That button is for when you want to quote multiple posts. If you click on the Multi-Quote button you will notice that it turns red. Then you can click on the Multi-Quote button for another post and that will also turn red. If you then click on ‘Quote’, then all of the posts that you have selected will appear in your reply.

It’s a little confusing because you might expect it to quote multiple parts of an individual post. What it actually does is quotes multiple *whole* posts.

Separately, if you want to quote just part of a single post, use the ‘Quote’ button and delete the bits you don’t need.

Yes — thank you for the explainer.

anna
    Keymaster

raster;29767 wrote: Hey Anna,

I have another glitch.

-raster

Hi Raster

I have made a couple of changes to the system and hopefully you should have more room for PMs now. Let me know if you are still having issues.

One thing you should know – the individual limit for PMs includes both the Inbox AND the Sent Items. So if you run up against problems again, you could start by deleting some of your sent messages.

Best
    Anna

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update – IMPORTANT NOTICE’ is closed to new replies.