Forum software problems

Home The Candida Forum Announcements & Technical Support Forum software problems

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  anna 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi everyone

Some of you have been experiencing problems logging into the forum over the past few days. I do know about this problem and I am currently working with some technical support guys to get it fixed. So please hang in there and it should be fixed very soon!

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Anna,

I would like to report that the forum seems to be working much better and I can finally post and reply to others posts and stay logged in.

The only nagging issue right now seems to the captcha, and I have to sometimes do it 2-3 times or so to be able to post.

-raster

anna
    Keymaster

Hi raster

Thanks for the feedback. I’ve been working on this for the past few days with an expert in the software we use on this forum.

It turns out that the problems we’ve had over the past week are due to the hosting company that we’ve been using. The server where they host this forum has had some major issues which are being resolved right now. While this is being resolved you might still experience some timeout errors. If you do, just refresh the page (F5) and it should be fine. This is almost certainly related to your CAPTCHA issue.

Separately, we’ve fixed that longstanding login/logout issue, so you should remain logged in for much longer now.

Lastly, once we have these issues fixed and the forum is stable, we will be upgrading to a more recent version of the software. This should be more stable and offer some extra functionality for both admins and forum members. We might need to close the forum for a short period to do this, but I will let you know in advance.

Best
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I can’t believe I’m free from the curse of those case-sensitive security checks! Thanks for removing them!

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Hi Anna,
    I’ve been having problems trying to open anything? Is it just me, or is it working slowly?

Thanks, faith

anna
    Keymaster

Hi Faith

We’ve been having some big problems with the hosting company that hosts the site on its servers. This has prevented us from upgrading the forum software also, which we were planning to do a couple of weeks ago.

The plan is to switch to a different hosting company later this week, which should resolve most of the problems you’re seeing. Then we will upgrade to a more stable version of the forum software soon after that.

Again, all I can ask is that you and the other forum members please hang in there and we will get this fixed as soon as possible!

Best,
    Anna

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Forum software problems’ is closed to new replies.