Forum not featured on main candida website?

Home The Candida Forum Announcements & Technical Support Forum not featured on main candida website?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Anna,

I know you guys reformatted the website lately and it looks great. It seems that many of the topics we have covered on the forum have made on the website. This is great. Lots of new content.

However, an unfortunate thing occurred that is slightly upsetting to me. The forum doesn’t have a link on the main website (or I cannot find it), and thus I am unsure how people will be coming to this forum. The activity here has decreased to basically very few posts per day very suddenly and quickly.

I hope we haven’t upset the website folks by talking about methods, ideas, diet plans, supplements, etc. that go against what the website promotes. I feel that there is still a lot of overlap and I certainly hope this forum isn’t going away anytime soon.

If possible, please talk to the website folks about adding back in an easily visible link to the forum so that people can return again. I like helping people with my accumulated knowledge, but if things shall come to the end here, I can move on to greener pastures.

Take care and thanks.

-raster

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

If by chance this forum goes away…..where will you all go?? I still want this to continue here….or somewhere. SO much amazing information.

Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

By the way….it is on the front main page….scroll to the bottom to the “Get in Touch” section.

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi everyone

No need to panic! As Ruffian mentioned, the link to the forum is still there and it is linked from every page of the site. As you will have noticed, the site was redesigned recently and there just wasn’t space for quite so many items in the navigation bar at the top.

You’ll also be interested to know that around 90% of the new visitors to the forum come direct from search engines like Google, not from the main site itself. This has been the trend until now, and I’m sure it will continue. So I doubt you will see much of a difference (if at all) in terms of the amount of posters. In fact, the traffic statistics for the forum are pretty much the same as before the redesign.

I hope that clears things up!

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Glad the forum is not going away. I know I haven’t been posting, but I am still reading all the valuable information everyday on here. I am thankful for all the wonderful tips and recipes included on the forum. I am by no means cured, and I still get frustrated; however, I have learned so much from here!!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

anna;40394 wrote: As Ruffian mentioned, the link to the forum is still there and it is linked from every page of the site. As you will have noticed, the site was redesigned recently and there just wasn’t space for quite so many items in the navigation bar at the top.

You’ll also be interested to know that around 90% of the new visitors to the forum come direct from search engines like Google, not from the main site itself. This has been the trend until now, and I’m sure it will continue. So I doubt you will see much of a difference (if at all) in terms of the amount of posters. In fact, the traffic statistics for the forum are pretty much the same as before the redesign.

Nothing personal, Anna, but the forum link is literally ‘buried’ at the bottom of the pages on the website. I’m not at all surprised that 90% of the traffic on the forum is coming from search engines and not the main site, because no one is going to “look for a forum” on a site if they have no idea one is available, and this is what they would have to do in order to find the forum from the website.
    This is why new members are complaining when sending me private messages saying that they’ve been on the website for one, two and even three weeks before they discover that there’s a forum available. With the main feature (in my opinion) on the website being the forum, to me this is a ridiculous way to handle the navigation between the site and forum.

Again, only my opinion, but I read the Blog, and that information is all on the forum. The forum’s link could easily replace this so-called “Blog” listed in the information bar, and the blog could be relocated to the bottom of the page, but I have serious doubts that’ll happen.

This is obviously a matter of the owner(s) wanting the traffic to stay on the main website’s pages, such as the Blog, etc. as long as possible before eventually finding the forum.

A perfect example of the site ignoring the forum is the fact that, when you go to the Blog, the blog is linked again on that page in the information bar – even though you’re already on the blog. This link could obviously be replaced with the forum link.

Able

anna
    Keymaster
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 184

Hi Able

I’ll address those points one by one.

Able900;40414 wrote: I’m not at all surprised that 90% of the traffic on the forum is coming from search engines and not the main site, because no one is going to “look for a forum” on a site if they have no idea one is available, and this is what they would have to do in order to find the forum from the website.

I think you misunderstood what I said here. Around 90% of new visitors to the forum were coming from search engines before the redesign. That link was not the main driver of traffic to the forum, and it actually hasn’t been for a couple of years. Most of the visitors came from Google before the redesign and will continue to do so.

Able900;40414 wrote: A perfect example of the site ignoring the forum is the fact that, when you go to the Blog, the blog is linked again on that page in the information bar – even though you’re already on the blog

If you take a closer look at the structure of the site, you’ll see that the Blog is a separate section that consists of regular posts from Lisa. It’s a section of the site and it gets a lot of visitors. The link to the Blog has been there since the middle of 2012, so it has in no way “replaced” the link to the forum.

Remember also that this is a free resource. Once you sign in, there is no advertising at all on the forum and no promotion of any products. And as you know, I spend a lot of time dealing with spam and sorting out technical problems on this site, even though it is totally free. So I can assure you that the site owner is committed to keeping this forum both open and thriving.

I’m surprised that a simple design change has resulted in comments like these, but hopefully this finally clears things up!

Best,
    Anna

“In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties.” - Henri Amiel

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Thanks Anna.

You have put me at ease and I am no longer worried about the main website. A lot of people with candida google search it and this forum is likely the top result (or a thread on the forum). I appreciate the info and I think I sort of over-reacted slightly. I was just concerned that the website folks were going in a different direction.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Forum not featured on main candida website?’ is closed to new replies.