For those who can't handle the taste / texture of coconut oil

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice For those who can't handle the taste / texture of coconut oil

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  princeofsin 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

I really hated swallowing down the coconut oil and could never get down more than a few teaspoons. I now found a way to eat it without experiencing this feeling of disgust: I take buckwheat flakes (the ones that look like cornflakes in shape and texture) and eat them one by one, shovelling the coconut oil on top of them. That way I can ingest quite a lot of coconut oil without eating too much buckwheat, and the crunchy texture of the flakes really helps to deal with the oil’s texture.

Might be a bit of a silly advice, but it did help me 😉

Chloë

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Thanks Chloe,
    I do not really like swallowing cocnut oil either. I can’t do it unless it is melted, and even then I do not enjoy it. 😀
    Do you put the coconut that is solid on the flakes?
    Thank you,
    Lauren

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

I gag when I have too much I try to get 10-12 spoons a day but it makes me nauseous. I just mix it in oatbran or cream of buckwheat. Gives it great flavor and you get all the benefits.

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Hi Lauren,

I take the coconut oil on the flakes in the solid form. It then tastes like butter to me (and who would want to eat butter just like this, without anything that resembles bread?) and I actually like the combination of the texture of the flakes and the texture of the coconut oil.

Positivo, I used to take it by letting it melt on buckwheat as well, but then the whole food becomes so greasy and I didn’t really like that…

Chloe

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

lol that is a good strategy for those who are having a hard time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘For those who can't handle the taste / texture of coconut oil’ is closed to new replies.