For those of you who want to go back to eating grains…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions For those of you who want to go back to eating grains…

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

tmi;35251 wrote:

Here it is! http://www.anchoragepress.com/mobile/news/the-gluten-made-her-do-it-how-going-gluten-free/article_39e2478e-4585-11e2-a80c-0019bb2963f4.html

Thanks for sharing this! Thinking we need to cut the gluten out of our kids diets.

I already started. Last night I baked gluten free carrot/apple/honey muffins. We’ll see how it goes for breakfast this morning. If it’s sweet, they will probably eat it. Bread, I need to shift slowly. They will eat whole wheat so I plan to replace part of it with gluten free flour and just gradually increase gluten free until it’s 100%. It will probably be easier to make a good GF bread for them since they are not restricted on milk etc. They thought my bread is a bit dry, but that was only once and I didn’t try again. Since I didn’t bake my bread in like a month (yes, eventually you get used to without it and now it’s kind of a treat every now and then) I didn’t have them try it again. I baked myself a treat last month which was a bread made out of nuts and they ate like half of that. But I would rather not do too many nuts in their diet either.

It’s tough though to keep them 100% GF with other people eating stuff around them (I know Fate will relate to this!). I put a ban on it, but can’t help feeling awful saying no when they ask me if they can share something with them. Like last night, my cousin promised them cake if they will be good girls and sleep well for their afternoon nap. I do not do sweets for a reward any longer. I rather give them toys, special playtime with mom, balloons and stuff and it works just as well. I also have few toys that they like but do not get all the time, but only if they earn points.

I hope people read this and then decide if they want to do gluten or not. It’s all about informed decision and knowing the risk related to it. This is why I posted this.

Arijana

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Yes, I have written and joined the non-gmo project. The problem is, that even though the “understanding” is that organic is non-gmo, there are many brands that use gmo ingredients in their organic products.

Shayfo, I was very sad when the bill in California got voted down.. Usually the rest of the nation will follow California. It is up for vote again, I believe in Oregon? Write letters!

Kag

Here is a link about organic cotton in Texas

http://www.texasobserver.org/seeds-of-discontent/

And other about “frankenfish”

http://www.prevention.com/food/healthy-eating-tips/genetically-modified-salmon-might-soon-be-approved?cm_mmc=MSN-_-25%20Best%20Foods%20for%20Your%20Heart-_-Slideshow-_-Invasion%20of%20the%20frankenfish

The frankenfish is especially scary because no one has to label whether it is GMO or not, only in Alaska do they have to designate. So be sure to only buy wild-caught because that is the only way around it. Please note in the article, one doctor is worried that this will increase allergic reactions to fish in people. Sound familiar?

http://www.the-age-of-woman.com/Wheat-GMO.html

And here, last but not least, an article on wheat and how everything good about it has been taken out or modified.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Here in Bosnia labeling is so poor it is driving me insane. Lots of times they don’t even list ingredients on the package?!?!? And people don’t even care! I am looked strangely all the time for asking about ingredients and complaining about not knowing what’s in it. I just purchased mattress covers made out of real wool and cotton. Lucky me, I remembered to ask what do the use to treat the wool against moths. He says it’s something organic. I persisted and he gave me the name of the product. It’s not organic, it’s just bio-degradable and found report that it is somewhat toxic. I tried telling them that this is not organic and still potentially harmful insecticide even if it’s bio-degradable, they were just confused. Finally, I custom ordered it with only lavender used and nothing else. And this is why I am a bit skeptical about organic labels here as I am wondering if they know the true definition of organic.

Until there is enough of us who care about this stuff, things will not start to change. It is sad that people who are in it for the money poison themselves as well. Do they not care that their families are being poisoned? Do they not care that we are bringing this civilization close to its end with how we treat the earth and our food? I don’t get it! I just don’t get it!

Now, I got all worked up over this issue!

Kag

Wow Orka, that really sucks… Well, at least you are standing up for yourself. I know I complain about the FDA a lot, but at least we have labeling. I can’t imagine how hard it would be to eat right with no labels…. smh…

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘For those of you who want to go back to eating grains…’ is closed to new replies.