For Pete's Sake-Probiotics

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice For Pete's Sake-Probiotics

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  HeatherJ 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

Okay, when I went to my health food store and bought my Probiotics, the very nice sales person translated the directions on the back of the bottle: dissolve caplets in water for 30 minutes and then drink.

Today I was reading that many probiotics don’t work because the capsule doesn’t make it through digestion and all of the probiotica are destroyed. Does this mean that my bottle of capsules is ineffective?

If anyone would be willing to give me a detailed list of supplements, including brand names, I would appreciate it. I can order them from Amazon and have them delivered to a friend who will mail them to me. Due to regulations, they can’t be mailed directly.

As it is, I have no medical support. The local naturopath has been on summer vacation and is due back at the end of the month. I have an appointment for the middle of September with some guy who is going to analyze my hair strand… His site is in Dutch, but maybe someone might recognize the name: Rob Verheij. Here is his site: http://www.robverheij.nl/?content=robverheij

Thanks.

bloom
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 21

thanks for the link, I’ll bookmark that page to add to the others as I’m fascinated by this topic. I first heard about this here Ed Yong and from what little I know, supplements are all different dependent on a number of factors and that all are unable to reconolise the GI tract successfully so although some of the bacteria will make it through and you will benfit from those in the short term, not enough of them will make it to mean that anything sustainable will happen long term. Essentially as soon as you stop taking them any benefits will cease and I think that’s why the concept of Fecal Transplants is gaining a little momentum.

I’ve just ordered a kit from Ubiome which will enable them to sequence my bacteria as part of a clinical trial they are currently doing on the microbiome. They will send you a summary of what/how many strains of bacteria make up your microbiome which you can then cross reference with others through their database.

Dependant on the result from this I am considering the option of a Fecal Transplant to see if it helps with my IBS and/or CFS.

HeatherJ
    Topics: 24
    Replies: 34

Bloom-Interesting idea…

I did look up Ubiome on FB-looks as if they are months behind with order fulfillment. Hope you get your kit soon-and good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘For Pete's Sake-Probiotics’ is closed to new replies.