foods on stage 1 please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions foods on stage 1 please help!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sonic Boom 6 years ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Marlau
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 14

Can someone please tell me what foods are one stage 1, and what should be limited to stage 2 & 3? For instance, beans are on the list for the diet on the web site, but I know we should not eat them until stage 2. What other foods are on stage 2 & 3?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Marlau;41755 wrote: Can someone please tell me what foods are one stage 1, and what should be limited to stage 2 & 3? For instance, beans are on the list for the diet on the web site, but I know we should not eat them until stage 2. What other foods are on stage 2 & 3?

Hello, Marlau, did you misplace the link to the forum’s strict diet which I sent you about two weeks ago? If you did, just request it again and I’ll resend it.

If you’ll look at the food list for stage 1, you’ll know which foods are allowed. If a food is not on the list for stage 1, then it isn’t recommended. The foods that are eaten on stage 2 and 3 are on the same link as the strict diet; just scroll to the bottom of the page beneath stage 1.

Able

1 user thanked author for this post.

Marlau

My doctor is advising me not to follow the strict diet because I weight 87 lbs and my body fat is only 10%. I can’t afford to loose any more weight. I need more carbs than the strict diet allows, so I’m trying to dind a happy medium.

Marlau

Following the diet on the web site (not the forum) what foods are for stage 1 and what foods are for stages 2 and 3?

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

I’m not trying to state the obvious here, but could you not simply consume a larger quantity of the Carbohydrates listed on the strict forum diet, in order to gain weight?

I would not claim to know as much as your doctor of course, I simply wonder why this is not a viable possibility for you. My doctor told me I could eat 24 whole eggs and 3 servings of beef per day as part of my diet, recommended severely limiting all carbohydrates including vegetables, and does not find coconut oil to be an effective anti-fungal, so there are definitely vastly differing opinions on how to tackle candidiasis.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Marlau;41774 wrote: My doctor is advising me not to follow the strict diet because I weight 87 lbs and my body fat is only 10%. I can’t afford to loose any more weight. I need more carbs than the strict diet allows, so I’m trying to dind a happy medium.

There are plenty of opportunities for calories and fat in the strict diet.

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

Marlau;41774 wrote: My doctor is advising me not to follow the strict diet because I weight 87 lbs and my body fat is only 10%. I can’t afford to loose any more weight. I need more carbs than the strict diet allows, so I’m trying to dind a happy medium.

Try to eat more oils (cocount, oilve, sesame – put it in your salad, veggies, everything), more eggs and more buckwheat/oatbran.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Sonic Boom;41778 wrote: My doctor … does not find coconut oil to be an effective anti-funga.

This statement definitely needs to be addressed.

No one on the forum is suggesting that coconut oil is strictly the ‘best’ antifungal out there, even though it can create a lot of die-off toxins in specific cases. In fact, the anti-fungal active ingredients in coconut oil are medium-chain, saturated fatty acids that work together to break down the cell walls of many different microbes such as lipid coated bacteria, viruses and fungi.

The main reason that coconut oil is so often recommended by most of the experts on the forum is its amazing ability to aid in changing the environment of the intestines from a beneficial environment for the Candida into a more beneficial environment where the good bacteria or flora can survive and multiply. This is the real purpose of coconut oil being so important on the forum protocol and not simply because it’s an antifungal. But keep in mind, as the environment changes from anti-bacterial to anti-Candida, this alone will prove to reduce the overgrowth of Candida albicans.

Just as most doctors fail to research and appreciate the benefits of the ‘super’ foods, your doctor has apparently considered it not worth his time to discover the values of coconut oil as far as the general health of the human body is concerned.

Coconut oil contains four different very beneficial oils; Lauric Acid, Caproic, Caprylic, and Capric Acid. In research studies, Caprylic acid has cured planter’s warts and athlete’s foot (that’s a fungus for those who are unaware). Used both externally and internally, there are reports of bouts of rosacea being cleared up within weeks with coconut oil. An extremely helpful benefit in a Candida treatment comes from coconut oil in the fact that it’s been shown to reduce the problems associated with the malabsorption syndrome which plagues anyone suffering from leaky gut syndrome along with the Candida infestation. It improves the digestion and absorption of vitamins, minerals such as calcium and magnesium, and amino acids, improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose. Coconut oil taken daily helps to control the possibility of developing food allergies and chronic fatigue. Coconut oil is a known destroyer of H. pylori, tapeworms, lice, giardia, and the parasites, viruses, and certain bacteria which cause ulcers, ringworm, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease, cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea. According to research, the ketones which are in coconut oil provide a specific fuel to the brain which has proved to be very beneficial to treating and preventing dementia and Alzheimer’s.

A study reported in the European Journal of Internal Medicine states that Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis have an association with mitochondrial dysfunction. The study used coconut oil to prove that a diet enriched in the saturated fatty acids of coconut oil offered protection against oxidative stress in heart mitochondria.

As you can see, coconut oil is anything but ‘just another antifungal’ which seems to be your doctor’s observation.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

This thread is a funny one. I am unsure why your doctor would promote eating beef 3 times per day when it takes 1-2 days for it to digest. Eating beef basically makes you constipated and thus it benefits the candida.

24 eggs per day is pretty ridiculous as well, I would be very wary of trying something like this out.

We don’t have a carb limit on the strict forum diet; I am unsure where we have stated to limit carbs. We haven’t made any statements to restrict carbs on the diet. The strict forum diet has plenty of food items that contain carbs from rutabega and coconut bread to buckwheat and oat bran. What you need to restrict is starch which converts to sugar. Starchy food items include potatoes, carrots, corn, rice, etc.

-raster

Marlau

I have been eating a lot of rutabaga and oat bran and buckwheat. But I’m also including some other grains from the diet posted on the web site, because I have leaky gut and don’t want to eat the same grains every day.

What other foods on the regular diet should I limit for now?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would limit the following:

-starches
    -molds (nuts, seeds, aged food items, etc).
    -sugar and fake sugars (and foods that contain these)
    -beef and pork
    -dairy (except kefir and yogurt)

-raster

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

Able900;41802 wrote:

My doctor … does not find coconut oil to be an effective anti-funga.

This statement definitely needs to be addressed.

No one on the forum is suggesting that coconut oil is strictly the ‘best’ antifungal out there, even though it can create a lot of die-off toxins in specific cases. In fact, the anti-fungal active ingredients in coconut oil are medium-chain, saturated fatty acids that work together to break down the cell walls of many different microbes such as lipid coated bacteria, viruses and fungi.

The main reason that coconut oil is so often recommended by most of the experts on the forum is its amazing ability to aid in changing the environment of the intestines from a beneficial environment for the Candida into a more beneficial environment where the good bacteria or flora can survive and multiply. This is the real purpose of coconut oil being so important on the forum protocol and not simply because it’s an antifungal. But keep in mind, as the environment changes from anti-bacterial to anti-Candida, this alone will prove to reduce the overgrowth of Candida albicans.

Just as most doctors fail to research and appreciate the benefits of the ‘super’ foods, your doctor has apparently considered it not worth his time to discover the values of coconut oil as far as the general health of the human body is concerned.

Coconut oil contains four different very beneficial oils; Lauric Acid, Caproic, Caprylic, and Capric Acid. In research studies, Caprylic acid has cured planter’s warts and athlete’s foot (that’s a fungus for those who are unaware). Used both externally and internally, there are reports of bouts of rosacea being cleared up within weeks with coconut oil. An extremely helpful benefit in a Candida treatment comes from coconut oil in the fact that it’s been shown to reduce the problems associated with the malabsorption syndrome which plagues anyone suffering from leaky gut syndrome along with the Candida infestation. It improves the digestion and absorption of vitamins, minerals such as calcium and magnesium, and amino acids, improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose. Coconut oil taken daily helps to control the possibility of developing food allergies and chronic fatigue. Coconut oil is a known destroyer of H. pylori, tapeworms, lice, giardia, and the parasites, viruses, and certain bacteria which cause ulcers, ringworm, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease, cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea. According to research, the ketones which are in coconut oil provide a specific fuel to the brain which has proved to be very beneficial to treating and preventing dementia and Alzheimer’s.

A study reported in the European Journal of Internal Medicine states that Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s disease, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis have an association with mitochondrial dysfunction. The study used coconut oil to prove that a diet enriched in the saturated fatty acids of coconut oil offered protection against oxidative stress in heart mitochondria.

As you can see, coconut oil is anything but ‘just another antifungal’ which seems to be your doctor’s observation.

Able

Thanks a lot! I didn’t know this info. Would you still say that Coconut Oil, SF772(sp?), and Garlic Capsules, are enough of an anti-fungal treatment for the beginning stage of the protocol?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘foods on stage 1 please help!’ is closed to new replies.