Food related question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Food related question

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

nicole13
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 18

Wondering if I can have dehydrated coconut wraps. They are made out of coconut meat, coconut water, and coconut oil. I’ve had them many times before being on the diet and I’m wondering if I can have them now. I’m still in the first strict phase. They contains like 3grams if sugar and I know a small lemon has a little over 1 gram. The link is below. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

http:///paleowrap.com/

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

As an alternative I would consider making wraps out of beans or teff flour, but in general this should be ok. Anything is ok occasionally on the diet, but not everything is ok consumed in high quantities regularly.

-raster

nicole13

Thanks for answer, raster. I don’t eat beans or grains.

raster
    Participant

Why not?

nicole13

I feel better without them. I have leaky gut and find that I don’t digest them well. I usually get my carbs from veggies and fruits. I honestly believe that we weren’t meant to eat them. I don’t consider myself paleo but I do lean more towards it than anything else.

raster
    Participant

Have you tried all grains and all beans? I think you need to change your mindset if possible, it could be problematic…

Teff is a prebiotic that feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut and has over 200+ different types of bacteria and is highly nutritious. It has been consumed by humans for over 5000 years and is one of the first grains that humans consumed in our history. It’s prebiotic properties should help heal leaky gut. The grain should be digested just fine because it is a flour that you can bake with. If fermented and combined with kefir, you can make a fermented kefir teff bread that should also help heal leaky gut and help you get over this via both the prebiotics and probiotics. In africa, they use teff to make tortilla’s and they bake with it this way.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

I make teff wraps and they are yum!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Food related question’ is closed to new replies.