Food reaction or die off?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Food reaction or die off?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

Started the non detox portion of the diet Monday. Yesterday after dinner I experienced a lot of gas. I was wondering if this could be related to die off or one of the new foods I’ve tried.
    I also have a sore right lmyph node in my neck. (for got to say that originally)

Here’s what I ate yesterday.
    Breakfast: 2 eggs with green bell pepper and onion and steamed zucchini

Lunch: Romaine and spinnach salad with olive oil oregano and garlic, guacamole with onion, cilantro, lime juice two eggs

snack: salad as above and mini cucumbers and an egg.

Dinner: Salmon with garlic and parsley, rutabega fried in olive oil with paprika, parsley, garlic and onion powder and steamed broccoli

snack: A soup with cabbage, onions, rutabega, broccoi, spinnach, green onion and chicken broth (I made the broth myself, I can’t find any at the store that don’t have something that I can’t eat in it)

I had been feeling really content with the amount of food I was having, but the last couple of days I feel hungry all the time.
    Are any of these normal for die off or is it a food I ate?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The gas problem is pretty common and is a general issue when you have candida. I believe it is unrelated to die-off or the diet; it just happens more when you have candida.

I still get a lot of gas after eating protein personally (6 months into diet) and am long over the die-off stages. I still get a bunch of gas after the coconut bread and almond butter with rice cakes (stage 2 item).

My naturopath feels that it is only related to protein and certain food items; he prescribed me a vitamin/supplement called zypan which completely eliminates any gas. I typically get a little gas before taking the zypan and within 30 minutes of taking it, the gas is gone for good! I take 3 zypan with lunch and highly recommend this supplement if you are interested in getting it; standard process makes it!

-Raster

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Protein is hard to digest, especially if you’re not secreting enough digestive enzymes. Adding that volume all at once (looks like you had at least 50-60g) may be putting your digestive system under a lot of stress. Are you taking any bitters? Maybe it’d be a good idea to gradually ease in the protein and try to find a safe limit. 5 eggs seems like quite a lot to me.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mstewart;
    About your hunger, please read this post to help you understand the role it plays in a Candida infestation.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst944_About-that-Hunger.aspx

Able

mstewart
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 47

I am also experiencing some worsening of my vaginal symptoms at this time that had seemed to be healing, but now are beginning to itch again and the redness is back. This makes almost 2 weeks of a constant vaginal yeast infection. Is this normal when starting the diet. I just did the detox last week and started the diet on Monday.
    Is there anything else I can do. I am cooking with coconut oil and eating off the list of approved foods, but was wainting until a couple of weeks to introduce an anti fungal is the the correct way to do it.
    I feel like I’m doing something wrong, before after my period with treatment the yeast infections would go away. But this one is staying around. I just really want to know if others have experienced this same kind of worsening and it did get better with time.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Some guacamole recipes containn tomatoes and/or chilies. If yours does, you should leave these out of your diet for now. Unfortunately, it isn’t abnormal for symptoms to come and go for a lot time after starting the treatment, especially considering that you haven’t even completed the detox period yet.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Food reaction or die off?’ is closed to new replies.