Food List Advice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Food List Advice

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  teabon 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

teabon
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 6

I’ve been super curious about the foods I’ve been consuming. I’m worried that some of the stuff isn’t okay, but there is conflicting information on the internet. So if I list the foods would anybody be able to tell me if I’m okay?

Almonds, walnuts, flax seed

Eggs, plain yogurt

Beef, chicken, turkey

Avocados, peppers, onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, brussels sprouts, green beans, cabbage, lettuce, spinach

Lots and Lots of water, Peppermint tea, Chamomile tea, Pau d’Arco tea

Sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, olive oil

My doc also told me that I should eat organic, unsalted butter as well

This is mostly what I’ve been eating. Does everything look okay for the first stage of the diet?

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

almond and walnuts are a no, they contain mold.
    eggs and yogurt are fine, beef is no good, takes a couple days to digest and constipates, chicken and turkey are fine in smaller doses, but they create ammonia when they digest in your intestines, take a betaine HCL pill with them if you eat them.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would avoid beef. Almonds and walnuts contain molds but if you soak them first this should remove most of the molds.

Butter is dairy and can set you back. If you were go get ghee, this would be a better alternative.

-raster

teabon

I’m going to try to make ghee actually, it sounds pretty easy. I did some research on soaking nuts and all the info they give as to why you should soak them first really explains why I’m so constipated all the time. Because the raw nuts take away the enzymes. And I didn’t even know these contained mold. Thanks guys!

teabon

Oh and another question, do you guys think its okay for me to drink almond milk during the elimination diet? Its lactose free so there’s no milk sugar. That’s why I’m curious.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would only drink almond milk if its homemade. The stuff in the stores has been sitting there for weeks or days at the least and will contain molds because of the almonds. If you soak your almonds at home, blend them up, and dump it in a fine strainer…this is the same exact stuff as the almond milk at the store but with no extra ingredients and its fresh with lower mold amounts.

-raster

teabon

I’m currently making ghee. I bought kerrygold organic grass fed butter. But I just realized that it has salt in it. Does the process of turning it into ghee take the salt away? Hopefully it does. If not, I can’t eat it 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Food List Advice’ is closed to new replies.