Food intolerance to all grains… help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Food intolerance to all grains… help!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jennybear1978 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jennybear1978
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 33

Hi All,
    So, I’ve been working on trying to get some more types of carbohydrates back into my diet, but I’ve tried every type of grain possible (rice, buckwheat, hemp, oat bran, etc.) and every single one gives me food intolerance symptoms. I would like to try to eat something besides just vegetables and meat, because I feel very draggy without any carbs besides what’s in my vegetables.

Any thoughts?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

Hi Jennybear.
    How long are you on the diet?
    Most things you mentioned should be quite safe and most of them aren’t ‘real’ grains. So, I’d suggest there is something else wrong.
    What kind of symptoms are you talking about?

jennybear1978

Hi. I’ve been struggling with the diet for a month or so. I started just on an anti-inflammatory diet, not realizing I had Candida. It was only when I had a strong reaction to antibiotics that I realized what was going on. I’m waiting to see a naturopath on Thursday, so I haven’t had a complete confirmation yet, but all the symptoms and the improvement on the diet seem to fit.

The symptoms I have are very histamine related. I get a sinus drip, and a headache all around my head. I’ve noticed this same reaction to eggs and legumes.

jennybear1978

Sorry… to answer the question about the Candida diet itself – it it a month I’ve been on it, but I’ve made a lot of mistakes along the way which I’m sure have slowed my heading. At first I was going through a different diet method that included a lot of beans and sweet potatoes, squash and rice cakes. I’ve eliminated the last of those about 2 weeks ago. I’ve been taking the anti-fungals and probiotics for about a month.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Vitamin C has been shown to reduce histamine levels by 25% so be sure to be taking vitamin C. A naturopath can help address your problems but you likely are getting a herx reaction and possibly have leaky gut syndrome.

Can you tough out the symptoms? Are they tolerable? Sometimes you have to fight through it…

-raster

jennybear1978

Hey Raster,
    I’m taking 1,000 mg of Powdered vitamin C three times daily.

The symptoms aren’t terrible. The grains have helped my digestion. I just wasn’t sure if having the histamines running through my system could aggravate the leaky gut? Or will the benefits of the grains cancel out any histamine problems?

jennybear1978

I don’t get any histamine type reaction when I don’t have the grains – so can it still be a herx reaction?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Food intolerance to all grains… help!’ is closed to new replies.