Food during Stage 1 detox

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Food during Stage 1 detox

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  huffgarr 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

huffgarr
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

With my health issues there is absolutely no way that I would be able to work and go through the first week of the detox while consuming just broth soup for calories. Does anyone know if it is counterproductive to start with week 2 stage 1 and still include the detox/liver drinks throughout the day? Ive eliminated all the foods to avoid and have just been eating within the confines of the “allowed” list. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Garrett

Nova
    Topics: 1

Hi Garrett,

Have you tried the recipes listed yet? Some there that are for Stage one are actually quite good and will give you calories you will need.

I had concerns too about the restricted foods, but have been using the recipes to be my guide and still sticking to Stage 1. Additionally, I have added needed vitamins to my diet-including the ones they have recommended, such as Vitamin C.

I do not know if it will be counter-productive, but I think that going through the detox with the foods listed in Stage 1 is set up to be able to clear your body of all the foods that would inhibit the dying off effect of the candida. I know it is hard to go through it, and I am on day 8 as of now, yet the end result is will have you feeling better.

Perhaps another has insight?

bluebowspoodle
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Huffgarr… I know what you mean. I was so underweight before I began my detox, and it was probably bc of the candida. I decided to use option 3 for my cleanse and just spiced it up a whole lot. I made a lot of vegetable soups (no broths), and guacamole almost everyday to the point I wasn’t hungry. Also, I had at least one avocado a day bc I like to think of them as nature’s butter (and they have a lot of vitamins). In prepping my meals, I used the list of foods allowed but only the vegetable section and the herbs so I didn’t use oil or butter. I used lemons, limes, salt, pepper, parsley, and cilantro as my main flavor enhancers. Although it was suggested to eat only steamed or raw vegetables, I don’t think that cooking them also really harmed me too much. But I think it is important to eat raw a couple times a day. I especially liked having celery and grape tomatoes as snacks. I felt amazing during detox. I had more energy and drive than I can ever remember. Now I am still on phase 1 but have been on the strict diet for about 5 days now. I started experiencing the “die off” yesterday… so I guess that is good news :/

huffgarr
    Topics: 2

Thanks for the info guys. I’ve started the diet by skipping the fast, but only adhering to the “Foods Allowed” list and mixing in the detox drinks. I’ll keep you posted on progress.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Food during Stage 1 detox’ is closed to new replies.