Food aversion is improving but still acidy irritated stomach. Any suggestions?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Food aversion is improving but still acidy irritated stomach. Any suggestions?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

Hi! Day 10 and hanging in there! Today was better than yesterday and I could eat a bit more. I have a bit less aversion and can eat a few things but my stomach is still really acidy. Has anyone experienced this in die off and anyone have suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Pattinoo

PS. I just took Maalox and I hope it won’t screq me up but all I could eat for dinner was 6 asparagus stalks and tried mashed cauli and just about got sick. The Maalox was because I was desperate.

Himawari
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 65

I’ll throw in my two cents, but I think your situation might be totally different, so please take it with a grain of salt.

My understanding is that usually, an “acidy” feeling stomach is either too much acid production, or too little. While conventional medicine always assumes the problem is too much acid, I’ve read that too little is actually way more common. Unfortunately, the symptoms of these two conditions are pretty much the same, so you kind of have to guess as to which it is. Antacids will alleviate symptoms in both cases temporarily, but be harmful in the long run in the too-little acid situation. Digestive enzymes with help with symptoms of too little acid in the short term, and help re-balance the acid production in the long term.

I had some issues with low acid a while back, and found that betaine hydrochloride worked well. Able has been singing praises for swedish bitters for a while now… maybe those would help?

Pattinoo

I didn’t know that. Anxiously awaiting the swedish bitters in the mail…Will def give it a try. Never heard of what you used but will explore it too, if this continues…Thanks Himawari!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I do get food rejection (loss of appetite which makes you cringe on every bite, even the foods you usually like) and am experiencing same symptoms which could be connected to improper amount of acid in the stomach. I found that lemon water was making it worse (it’s possible that it reduces the production of the acid as the stomach turns it off thinking its too much) so I started drinking smaller portion of it (just put the lemon in the smaller amount of water) and in the middle of my meal. Not sure if I’m damaging any of its cleansing properties by taking it that way but if I can’t eat it’s worse on my book.

I started taking swedish bitters three days ago and I am getting much better. I think they do help. Either that or I had die-off and it’s finally easing up.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

My stomach was terrible before I started the diet and a cup of coffee and some junk food would practically lead to my throat burning. It settled down when I started the diet, since the food I was eating before was ridiculous, but I was still getting indigestion and some acidity. Cutting out onions and garlic helped, and digestive enzymes seem to have helped settle it completely now. Even when I don’t take them, I no longer taste the meal hours later.

Try the bitters before you settle for enzymes though. If they work, they have a lot more benefits. I had trouble with them because you have to drink a lot of water after eating. Keep track of what seems to cause a flare up too. I wasn’t convinced cooked onions and garlic were a problem until I saw a consistent reaction to them in my food diary. Sesame oil was another thing that aggravated my stomach.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Food aversion is improving but still acidy irritated stomach. Any suggestions?’ is closed to new replies.