Food at an Islamic wedding

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Food at an Islamic wedding

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I’m going to an islamic wedding on Wednesday and although I’ve been to one before, I have no idea whats in store for this one because my friend (the girl who is getting married) is currently working abroad and has told me few details. I’m expecting that curry and rice will be served up and because of my diet, I had been considering not going.

I’m on stage 1 of the strict diet along with doing an anti inflammatory diet for leaky gut. Before the diet I loved creamy curries but i never went to curry house that often so i’m not an expert on what could be served up. I’m guessing we wont have much of a choice of food and this is a long shot but i thought i’d ask if there’s anything I could eat while sticking to the diet.

I’m not planning on breaking the diet so unless anyone has any ideas, i’m going to have to say i’ve got a dodgy tummy and cant eat anything.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

It really depends on who is cooking for the wedding. If it is a caterer, and chances are it is, then I wouldn’t eat any of the food. Usually caterers cook like restaurants do and they use sugar, msg… Do you feel comfortable not eating? Couldn’t you just go and say that you are allergic or would that just be too hard?

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Hi kag,

No i dont really feel comfortable not eating at all while everyone else on my table will be. I hate standing out and people asking questions. At the same time though I dont want to say i’m allergic because i dont want to cause offence.

I’m pretty sure there wont be anything I can have.. I guess i’ll just say i have an upset stomach and cant face eating.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Food at an Islamic wedding’ is closed to new replies.