Following candida diet, but getting terrible stomach aches when stomach gets empty

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Following candida diet, but getting terrible stomach aches when stomach gets empty

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Tdog333 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

concernedpartner
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

My boyfriend is following this diet, but he’s getting terrible stomach aches when his stomach starts to get empty. This isn’t normal for him although the increased veggies in the first week were rough on his system. He’s in the second week and eating meat now, so I’m wondering if these stomach aches are typical on this diet and if anyone has had a similar experience? Any advice on how to avoid them other than eating every time his stomach starts to hurt?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Is he eating beef or pork? Is the meat antibiotic free?

-raster

concernedpartner

He’s eaten some chicken (not organic, not sure about antibiotic free), wild caught sardines, salmon. No pork. No beef yet this week and none last week.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

CP,

Abdominal pain that’s worse when your stomach is empty is an H. Pylori symptom.
    H. Pylori can cause ulcers which would cause the symptom.

Chronic use of NSAIDs?

What are the rest of his symptoms?

-D

concernedpartner

That’s the one he’s complained about since he started this Candida diet (although other symptoms pre-diet have lessened including anal itching and bleeding). He thought at first that the stomach cramping was due to the quantity of veggies he was eating in the first week, but now he’s introduced some meat and is having stomach pain when his stomach gets empty. Your comments/question reminded me though that a couple of years ago he had these symptoms. Turns out it wasn’t an ulcer; it was something else that we were able to treat pretty easily. It may be that this symptom is coincidentally occurring while he’s on the diet and may not be related to the candida or the candida diet. I’m going to check with him and we’ll investigate that possibility. Thanks for your response and suggestions!

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 268

I’m quite interested in the cause of his stomach cramps when he had them a few years ago, and in the treatment.

I’ve experienced similar stomach cramps when my stomach was empty a few years ago. The cramps disappeared without me changing anything, though I do feel the occasional cramp, luckily in a much milder form, and only every few months.

I never investigated what caused my cramps, but if you could share the cause of your friend’s cramps, I’d be happy to know.

Thanks,

Rabelais

concernedpartner

I spoke to him and we seem to recall it was diagnosed as an irritation of the stomach lining. The medicine he took was over the counter and was called, “Omeprazole.” It cleared up after a couple of days last time he took it and this is the first he’s had it in a couple of years. Hope it’s helpful for you as well.

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

Probably had gastritis, omeprazole is a Proton Pump Inhibitor (antacid) which is used to limit the secretion of stomach acid. DGL and slippery elm are worth looking at, and pretty cheap.

How long after he eats does he get these pains, food takes a lot longer than you would expect to clear the stomach. Meat can take 4-5 hours.

He might have too low stomach acid, which can be helped by supplementing with digestive enzymes and betaine hcl.

The H.Pylori post is right on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Following candida diet, but getting terrible stomach aches when stomach gets empty’ is closed to new replies.