FODMAP

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  impossible 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Has anyone tried this a bit? Because I think I do notice a difference after researching some of the foods (especially vegetables) from when I eat an approved one compared to non-approved one.

I should add, does anyone take anything to help with raffinose veggies, does it help? Sometimes I wonder if beano would do anything if I wanted to treat with something like broccoli.

I am just more sensitive to these things w/o a colon and gastroparesis.

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

I havent had the problem myself but have a read a fair bit about it. Some people, albeit with intact intestines, are achieving good success reintroducing those foods after only a few weeks of supplementing glucosamine and n-acetyl glucosamine. Might be worth a try.

Thats typical.

What treatment did you settle on for dealing with osteopenia? Vit D and lady hormones can impact absorption of calcium too btw.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Thanks impossible. I can eat some foods that they say you can’t eat on the fodmap diet, but I am going to start doing it a little bit more. I think it might help!

As far as the osteopenia, I was able to eat my prescription at the pharmacy for calcitonin. It is a nasal spray I do everyday. My ankles are still getting swollen, but the pain has been getting better.

Also, bernie sent me an homepathetic remedy to help with the joint pain, a homepathic remedy to help promote bone growth every week, and I am taking a vitamin D supplement (also to help with mood). I think it is just going to take some time, but I am feeling a little stronger, and my back feels better.

I just wish my feet felt better!

I forgot to add that I still don’t do dairy, but goat lactose does not seem to bother me. So, I have been eating goat yogurt some mornings, and I do watch it, but I drink just a small thing of almond milk. I do need to get in some calcium, or trying to eat other rich calcium foods that aren’t dairy. I am glad I like the goat cheese and yogurt, and that I can handle it. I believe it is so much better for people that can’t handle regular cow dairy!!!

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

Cool! I hope it works out for you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘FODMAP’ is closed to new replies.