Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  bluegem214 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes
    From: http://www.nourishingdays.com/2010/07/fluffy-coconut-flour-pancakes/
    Recipe Notes: Add cinnamon as desired. Just keep the pancakes small and watch them so they don’t burn.

Ingredients

•4 eggs, room temperature
    •1 cup coconut milk
    •2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    •a pinch of stevia
    •1/2 cup coconut flour
    •1 teaspoon baking soda
    •1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    •coconut oil for frying
    Directions

1.Preheat griddle over medium-low heat. In a small bowl beat eggs until frothy, about two minutes. Mix in milk, vanilla, and stevia.
    2.In a medium-sized bowl combine coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and whisk together. Stir wet mixture into dry until coconut flour is incorporated.
    3.Grease pan with coconut oil. Ladle a few tablespoons of batter into pan for each pancake. Spread out slightly with the back of a spoon. The pancakes should be 2-3 inches in diameter and fairly thick. Cook for a few minutes on each side, until the tops dry out slightly and the bottoms start to brown. Flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
    4.Serve hot with coconut oil.

mcards
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

Is Vanilla extract ok for stage 2 (the strict diet)??

liciabelle
    Topics: 6

I personally don’t have a problem using pure vanilla extract on the strict diet. I always end up heating it so I feel that the alcohols cook out anyway. But there are sugar-free, alcohol-free vanilla extracts mentioned in the food preparation recipes section.
    I don’t know how Able and Raster feel about vanilla extract, but I choose to use is sparingly.

Tulip
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 58

I’m going to make rice milk to add to make it more liquid.It’s too crumby otherwise! Sounds like you just make a little bit of rice,add water,blend in food processor.Also going to add blueberries and maybe some cacao.I’m not on the Candida strict diet anymore,can have grains,fruit,but have nut/gluten sensitivity,so cannot have almond milk.

dforbreakfast
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 39

mcards wrote: Is Vanilla extract ok for stage 2 (the strict diet)??

You can get alcohol-free vanilla extract. It’s what I use, and I’m on the strict phase.

jakecaresforu459
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I think that recipe goes well with Caramel Syrup. You guys can make caramel sauce by caramelizing the sugar, add vanilla extract, butter, and whip cream. 🙂 That easy!

Disneyland
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

These are nauseating. What a waste of coconut flour, 4 eggs, etc.

bluegem214
    Participant
    Topics: 12

Where get alcohol free vanilla extract? I can’t get it anywhere in the uk. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes’ is closed to new replies.