Fluconazole dosage

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fluconazole dosage

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Julia 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

I have been on fluconazole a couple times in previous months and it seems to help but the dosage is not enough. Its always been 100mg/day for 30 days then the last prescription I alternated 100mg one day then 200mg the next for 2 weeks. My doctor will probably give me the dosage this forum suggests. My symptoms are not totally severe but I cheated on diet a few times since Christmas and have mild symptoms of brain-fog, weird skin (kind of wrinkly and dry looking) I call it yeast skin. Also sinus pressure and ear ringing (waiting to order SF722). My question is what is a good dosage for digestive yeast (positive esophageal biopsy)? The 100mg what they prescribed is not doing it. I been on diet since last June and do all what forum suggests (except the cheating;()

Julia
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 78

Hi there,
    My doctor prescribed (I am still currently taking) 200mg/day until 2 weeks AFTER all symptoms are gone. : )
    Hope this helps. MY sinuses are nearly clear after 2 weeks. It feels so nice to breath again. My throat doesn’t have a constant sticky film. My woman parts are also 80% better at least!
    Hope this helps
    : )

Julia

http://www.drugs.com/dosage/diflucan.html

This site explains dosing as well…might be helpful for you and your doctor.

Take care

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Tsunny;39473 wrote: I have been on fluconazole a couple times in previous months and it seems to help but the dosage is not enough. Its always been 100mg/day for 30 days then the last prescription I alternated 100mg one day then 200mg the next for 2 weeks. My doctor will probably give me the dosage this forum suggests. My symptoms are not totally severe but I cheated on diet a few times since Christmas and have mild symptoms of brain-fog, weird skin (kind of wrinkly and dry looking) I call it yeast skin. Also sinus pressure and ear ringing (waiting to order SF722). My question is what is a good dosage for digestive yeast (positive esophageal biopsy)? The 100mg what they prescribed is not doing it. I been on diet since last June and do all what forum suggests (except the cheating;()

The standard dose is 200 mg a day. However, Diflucan has a very low impact on the yeast colonies living in the gut lumen. It won’t touch it. So, if you overgrowth is intestinal, you need something non-absorbed that target the fungus living in the lumen.

Since these fungal colonies living in the lumen generates enough metabolites to manipulate your immune system, Diflucan won’t be able to eradicate yeast focus around the body since the immune system is required for it.

People with CRC need Diflucan plus an non-systemic drug long term. Let say 3 or 4 months and to respect an anticandida diet.

I hope this help.

Jorge.

Tsunny

@ Julie- you didn’t say how long you have been on Diflucan.. Thanks for the info.

@ dvjorge- I completely understand what you are saying but what do you think in combination with the diflucan? Something prescribed? Do you know of anything?

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

Tsunny;39532 wrote: @ Julie- you didn’t say how long you have been on Diflucan.. Thanks for the info.

@ dvjorge- I completely understand what you are saying but what do you think in combination with the diflucan? Something prescribed? Do you know of anything?

Yes, Nystatin, Natamycin, or Oral Amp B.

These are the non-absorbed Rx antifungals I know. The chelation agent EDTA is also a powerful antifungal with low intestinal absorption.

Jorge.

Julia

Hi there,

I am on day 16 of Diflucan 200mg/day.

I follow a ‘diet’ as well but include small amounts of brown rice.

I take supplements such as caprilic acid, garlic, grape seed etc etc. It all come combined in one yeast fighting bottle.

I am on up to 12 drops three times a day of H2O2.

..and probiotics…

Other then that I get a lot of rest and some exercise to keep stress on my body at a minimum.

I think I am about 20 days into this treatment now and I am stating to feel fantastic. I have cured this one time before and I am confident I will do it again!

Take care, hope this helps

Tsunny

julie- you drink the peroxide? i have not heard of this

Julia

Hi there,
    Yes I drink diluted ‘29% food grade hydrogen peroxide’.
    There is a lot of information online about it.
    It has been used in my family for more then 20 years for multiple things and I can’t say enough good things about it.
    It is simple. It is oxygen.
    Our cells love it and fungus, virus and certain bacteria hate it.
    The protocol is simple and
    the side effects are whiter teeth ; )
    Several clinics/natural paths use it for various treatments around the world…even the Mayo Clinic…even for candida.

I have much more information about it and would be happy to share it or answer any questions you or anyone has about it.

Hope you are well…take care
    J : )

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fluconazole dosage’ is closed to new replies.