Flakey dry lips-please help

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Flakey dry lips-please help

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Angel29 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Angel29
    Participant
    Topics: 56
    Replies: 101

All,

I’ve been suffering from raw, flakey lips for about three months now. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I’ve tried hydrocortisone, neosporin, antihistamine, Eucerin cream, etc…nothing has helped. It seems like my lips slowly start to heal…but all I get is a bunch of flakes and no real healing. It hurts to open my mouth too wide, like with eating or brushing my teeth…the sides of my mouth are all cracked and raw. I should’ve made an appointment with my dermatologist sooner but I kept thinking my solutions would work. I definitely don’t have fungus/thrush INSIDE of my mouth, I am wondering if I have it outside…just on my lips.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s called angular chilitis and you have got it real bad. Are you following the forums protocol with the strict diet? If you are not and are eating things like brown rice, corn, etc. this is likely the cause of your outbreak. Candida thrives on a poor diet and you need to change the environment of your body internally.

Additionally, are you taking anything to heal your liver? Mouth conditions are tied directly to the liver per my naturopath and if you are not supporting the liver or protecting it, then it is ailing right now.

I’d consider going in for acupuncture which will clear it up within a day or two. There are two points above the mouth next to the nose that will heal this easily from my experience.

-raster

Angel29
    Participant

Lately I’ve been eating things I shouldn’t. And I do eat very small portions of brown rice a couple times a week. With my native Middle Eastern diet, I either eat bread or white rice with my meals, but because of the candida I switched to a tiny portion of brown rice instead. I actually applied some Nystatin cream that my gyno gave me last year (for yeast infections) and it has improved dramatically. I’ve decided that I really need to get back on the diet again. I’ve also started taking the Nystatin pill that my PCP prescribed me, along with continuing the antifungals. My fear is that I’ll experience really bad die off and not be able to go to work again.

Can I just take Milk Thistle for my liver?????? Bless you Raster, you are such a big help!!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Are you taking any probiotics? Any vitamins? Probiotics are the single most important thing you need to recover, not antifungals, so if you haven’t found much success, it may be because you are not taking any probiotics.

Additionally, have you tried taking coconut oil to change the environment of the gut? It may aid you greatly.

We developed this forum protocol if you are interested:

https://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Milk thistle is one of the many liver support supplements out there.

-raster

Angel29
    Participant

Yes I’m taking probiotics twice a day…although I stopped after I was severely sick with die off. I am back on it again and will start the Milk Thistle again too. I take a Women’s multivitamin daily. I swallow a tablespoon of organic coconut oil everyday…I’d drink more but it’s a bit tough to randomly swallow oil. Thanks again Raster!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Flakey dry lips-please help’ is closed to new replies.