Five Months!!

This topic contains 24 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Yesterday was the five-month mark for me!! Hooray.

At my 120 Day update, I was still having some issues with tinea versicolor, acne, fairly mild menstrual pain, and focus. All of those have subsided, aside from mild menstrual discomfort, but I’m not sure that’s something I can expect to go away fully. Uteruses are uteruses. I don’t have any need or desire to take medicine to dull the problem anymore, and that’s huge.

I seem to be having some slight digestive issues again, which is a bummer. I digest my food pretty completely, I think, and on a reasonable schedule, but I’ve been having softer stools again sometimes, and more bloating/gas. I suspect this is because I was using glycerin-based vanilla extract and glycerin-containing kelp iodine for a few weeks. Research tells me glycerin can cause gas. Woops.

I am tentatively planning to slowly reintroduce foods starting in June, assuming my bloating issue has subsided by then, since aside from that, I’m symptom-free. Any thoughts?

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Congratulations on reaching the five-month mark! Not an easy task, for sure.

My other thoughts are to remind you that this is a journey not a race, think of this as a lifestyle change and make sure you try foods one-at-a-time. Sometimes you won’t react to a food until the second time re-introducing a given food item.

All the best towards your continued healing!

ms81
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

shayfo;43146 wrote: Yesterday was the five-month mark for me!! Hooray.

At my 120 Day update, I was still having some issues with tinea versicolor

Try selsun blue for your Tinea. my friend used to have eczema and his went all away while he was using Selsun blue. also try Selsun Orange.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Go us!!!!!!

shayfo

Goingnatural, that’s the plan! I’ve come waaay too far to rush into a bunch of bad decisions right now!

Ms81, my tinea versicolor is already gone! It was one of the last symptoms to clear up, but it’s finally gone 🙂

Alex, woooooo!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

shayfo;43146 wrote: Yesterday was the five-month mark for me!! Hooray.

…I was still having some issues with tinea versicolor, acne, fairly mild menstrual pain, and focus. All of those have subsided…

Great news, Shay. Very glad to hear about the tinea versicolor finally going away.

You and Alex are both model examples of what can take place when you make up your mind about about what you want to do and actually stick to your plans.

What foods did you have in mind for adding fist? That’s an exciting time in the treatment if you ask me.

Able

shayfo

The first three things that come to mind are lentils (soaked before cooking), tomatoes (probably not tomato sauce for a while still), and sesame seeds (whole/tahini). Obviously, I would introduce them one at a time. Thoughts?

Able900
    Spectator

shayfo;43202 wrote: The first three things that come to mind are lentils (soaked before cooking), tomatoes (probably not tomato sauce for a while still), and sesame seeds (whole/tahini). Obviously, I would introduce them one at a time. Thoughts?

Sounds good, Shay. If I remember right, dried beans were my first choice and they worked out fine.

Tomatoes, green apples, and sweet potatoes followed over time; although to be honest, at this time I can’t really remember the exact order, but it seems like tomatoes or half of a Granny Smith apple may have been second.

Able

shayfo

Is there anything I should really wait on? I mean, obviously I’m not going to take shots of maple syrup or go on a mango smoothie diet or something, but are there any whole-food items to avoid for a long time?

Able900
    Spectator

shayfo;43211 wrote: Is there anything I should really wait on? I mean, obviously I’m not going to take shots of maple syrup or go on a mango smoothie diet or something, but are there any whole-food items to avoid for a long time?

A lot of people are probably going to disagree me, but hell, that’s probably what keeps me hanging around.

Other than the obvious, I have to say fruit. A lot of former Candida sufferers want to start adding fruit as soon their symptoms disappear and the time comes for them to start introducing new foods. I think this is gambling with a dangerous possibility because fructose can be just as dangerous to a Candida overgrowth or even a maintenance protocol as sucrose is.

Personally, I’m eating fruit at this time, but only Granny Smith apples, pears, and occasionally, a handful of blueberries.

Now I’ll just sit back and wait for the disagreements to come … or, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised for a change.

Able

shayfo

Fair point. I plan to be cautious with fruit, though I do plan to eat it. I’ve been doing a small amount of research, and it looks like berries, peaches, nectarines, pineapple, and cantaloupe are relatively low in sugar, even compared to Granny Smiths. Obviously, it’ll be a while before I eat any of those, and when I do, I imagine I’ll have to keep tabs on my serving sizes.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Able900;43213 wrote:

Is there anything I should really wait on? I mean, obviously I’m not going to take shots of maple syrup or go on a mango smoothie diet or something, but are there any whole-food items to avoid for a long time?

A lot of people are probably going to disagree me, but hell, that’s probably what keeps me hanging around.

Other than the obvious, I have to say fruit. A lot of former Candida sufferers want to start adding fruit as soon their symptoms disappear and the time comes for them to start introducing new foods. I think this is gambling with a dangerous possibility because fructose can be just as dangerous to a Candida overgrowth or even a maintenance protocol as sucrose is.

Personally, I’m eating fruit at this time, but only Granny Smith apples, pears, and occasionally, a handful of blueberries.

Now I’ll just sit back and wait for the disagreements to come … or, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised for a change.

Able

Don’t be so paranoid. 😉

I agree, the only fruit I have are green granny smith and frozen berries in the past. The rest easily get moldy and are high in sugar.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

thanks for post… I Am really glad to read these things, not only I like it because I get more confidence in what I am doing but also I like to see some positive things going on to other people as well! 🙂

I have two questions…

Do you have some die-of besides few of the remaining symptoms?
    Do you still take anti fungals and if you do, what is daily serving size?

once more, thanks for great post.

shayfo

Hey Stovariste, I haven’t had any noticeable die-off in a few months. A week or two ago, I went really hard on antifungals for a few days — ate tons of rutabaga and brussels sprouts, as much coconut oil as I could stomach, and a lot of biotin — to see if I would have any die-off from it. None!

I’m still eating coconut oil in large quantities every day, and I take biotin and eat the antifungal veggies regularly, but not daily.

Thanks for your nice words!

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

shayfo;43266 wrote: Hey Stovariste, I haven’t had any noticeable die-off in a few months. A week or two ago, I went really hard on antifungals for a few days — ate tons of rutabaga and brussels sprouts, as much coconut oil as I could stomach, and a lot of biotin — to see if I would have any die-off from it. None!

I’m still eating coconut oil in large quantities every day, and I take biotin and eat the antifungal veggies regularly, but not daily.

Thanks for your nice words!

thanks for info, I guess then you are really reaching point where you can reintroduce food… I hope I get there one day too :)…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Five Months!!’ is closed to new replies.