Fish/Seafood on the Candida Diet???

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fish/Seafood on the Candida Diet???

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tanyanurse 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

drew_r
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

Just wondering is there a certain type of fish/seafood that is considered safe or okay to eat. I know all fish and seafood contains mercury so it cannot really be avoid but which ones have the least amount that would be considered safe to eat and I do know anything that says farm raised or product of china is a big no-no. So besides veggies, eggs and other safe grains such as buckwheat and teff,I’ve only been eating chicken 2-3 times a week but even that is becoming bland so I was thinking I could switch it up just one time and have some type of fish and awaken my tastebuds. All feedback is appreciated, thanks guys!

shottot
    Replies: 8

Sardines and anchovies are allowed on the diet right? I do know that these two in particular have the least mercury toxicity. I have not tried these since I was a kid and hope that they have a preferable taste since I plan to use them once or twice a week.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1369

drew_r;57522 wrote: Just wondering is there a certain type of fish/seafood that is considered safe or okay to eat. I know all fish and seafood contains mercury so it cannot really be avoid but which ones have the least amount that would be considered safe to eat and I do know anything that says farm raised or product of china is a big no-no. So besides veggies, eggs and other safe grains such as buckwheat and teff,I’ve only been eating chicken 2-3 times a week but even that is becoming bland so I was thinking I could switch it up just one time and have some type of fish and awaken my tastebuds. All feedback is appreciated, thanks guys!

You can eat fish.!

Jorge.

drew_r
    Replies: 14

Lol ok thanks just trying to stay on the safe side of things.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The mercury folks feel that all fish are not good for your health but I noticed major health benefits from eating them. I haven’t had fish my whole life until a few months ago basically.

-raster

joe
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 18

If you stick with small game fish the mercury levels are low, your supposed to eat strawberries after fish because the fiber in the strawberries is very effective in eliminating the mercury.But as well all know strawberries are off the table, I still eat a lot of fish and haven’t had any ill effects, I eat a lot of shrimp too. In this case I believe the good out weighs the bad.

Rabelais
    Blocked
    Replies: 268

In general, fish from the top of the food chain has more mercury (and many other pollutants!) than other fish. So tuna generally has more mercury than shrimps, though it may depend on where the fish were caught.

There’s still no problem in consuming tuna or other fish at the top of the food chain. You should just limit your consumption.

Fish is a very good thing for your health. There comes a point where worrying about pollutants does more harm than the pollutants themselves.

tanyanurse
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 94

I thought shellfish was not allowed on the candida diet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Fish/Seafood on the Candida Diet???’ is closed to new replies.