- May 3, 2013 at 2:15 am #103882
yogajediMemberTopics: 29Replies: 43
Hi all! I just ordered “Keysands Live Organic Water Kefir Grains (Crystals, Tibicos)”, and could not find the answer to these questions on the forum/online:
* I understand that the sugar does not completely ferment out when making water kefir. Is this true? Will the residual sugar be a problem (I plan
on using alexalgebra’s recipe of molasses and brown sugar). For that matter, should the <1% alcohol be a concern?
* I know that consuming fruit juice/coconut water is not recommended any time soon. Would making Kefir with fruit juice/coconut water be safe?
* If I’m already taking probiotics (Healthy Origin 30billion cfu’s, twice daily; I’ve been on them 5 days), how much Kefir, daily, would be too much?
I’m assuming I would just look for die-off symptoms and adjust accordingly. I’ve never had Kefir though, so I’m not sure what a typical
serving size even is.
* I noticed on one website that Kefir includes several varieties of yeast (http://www.culturesforhealth.com/water-kefir-grains-composition-bacteria-yeast). Is this anything to be concerned about?
* Finally, is it safe to make the drink carbonated? I thought I remembered reading a post by Able stating that carbonation is not good for
a Candida infestation.
Thanks very much for your help : )
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.