First time fasting – intense reaction

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions First time fasting – intense reaction

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  rgomez 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

magpie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello!

this is my second time doing the Candida diet, but my first time fasting. I’m actually doing the vegetable fast, the psyllium husk/bentonite clay drink….and yesterday tried to do the liver flush, but vomited violently right afterwards (besides that I’m eating significantly less than usual, and only steamed/raw vegetables). It’s clear my body rejected the liver flush.

Yesterday was the first day, and I was pretty intensely dizzy all day. As a side note, I had these symptoms several weeks ago, and a western doc said it was vertigo (which from my understanding is a catch-all diagnosis), and – by the time I started the diet, the dizziness subsided, but I still didn’t feel like my self.

Should I be concerned? Can anyone offer any feedback or suggestions? Is this normal?

Thanks in advance!

Maggie

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello and welcome to the forum.

It’s advised to avoid psyllium and especially the husk because of its sharpness and hardness. It can actually cut into the intestinal wall causing bleeding. Softer fibers would be a much better choice, such as oat or rice bran.

Blackouts and dizziness can happen during a fast because of reduced blood flow and a lowered blood pressure. Sometimes they can occur on just a one-day fast, and even meal skipping for some people. They usually stop or reduce in severity if you increase your blood sugar. That’s why fainting and dizzy spells are rare during a juice fast unless there are longer periods between taking juice.

Able

magpie
    Topics: 1

Thank you Able!

That’s really helpful! The cleansing page instructs you to use Psyllium Husk Powder, which I clearly overlooked and read as Psycllium Husk…..oops. I’m guessing the powder is ok also since it’s listed on the page.

The dizziness has subsided quite a bit, so I am quite relieved!

thanks again for the feedback! Support is so important through this diet!

Cheers!

dawn
    Topics: 0

Hello, I am having same symptoms as you. I was wondering if anyone knows if apple juice is ok to add to the cleanse? I really need to raise my blood sugar level

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Dawn.

If you’re having blood sugar problems, you may have no choice but to add the apple juice, but you shouldn’t continue to use it once you start the diet.

Able

rgomez
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

I would suggest that you go with oats as they are a lot softer than psyllium. They can really be tough and would not look good if they damage your intestinal lining in the process. It really is hard but you have to cope up with it.

It is very normal as well to get dizzy when fasting as for any human being under the same regimen would experience because of a great decrease on blood flow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘First time fasting – intense reaction’ is closed to new replies.