Finished cleanse, stomach literally yelling at me, too much food?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Finished cleanse, stomach literally yelling at me, too much food?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Goldie 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Goldie
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

So I did the cleanse for 7 days. I ate only veggies and drank the detox/flush drinks and all that jazz. Yesterday was day 8. My first day of the strict diet. I admit I was a bit too happy about being able to eat new food. I’m also very new to cooking for myself. This has been a fun adventure in the sense that I’m learning how to cook by having no choice. Anyways I ate home made coconut bread, an omellete, brown rice crackers with almond butter, yogurt, and chicken with mashed turnips (which were disgusting by the way). I’ve had morning intestinal problems for the past year or more. They tend to come and go. They weren’t so bad while I was on the cleanse until day 7. I woke up fine yesterday. This morning though….my stomach is literally screaming at me. I’ve pooped 4 times in the last hour and my stomach won’t shut up! I also started taking my probiotics and things yesterday. It was a list of things my naturopath put together using stool sample results. They were uva ursi, undecyn, and tannic acid.

I’m assuming that my tummy is crazy right now just because I ate so much after not eating anything but veggies for a week. But if anyone has any insight onto what else it might be or if its just the beginning of die off or…really any advice…I would love some.

Thanks for listening to me ramble. I feel slightly crazy on this diet.

Goldie

Also my naturopath is on maternity leave and unavailable for info. Does anyone think I should be taking more pills than I am? I also take garlic and oregeno. Thanks! This is all so intimidating to do alone.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Your stomach is likely not enjoying it because you just fed the monster by eating some rice crackers and almond butter. Almond butter is made from almonds which contain high levels of molds and need to be soaked/roasted before ingesting. Otherwise, you should save them for stage 2/3,

Brown rice is inflammatory and contains high levels of starch. I personally recommend eating rice stage 3…I barely ate it throughout my treatment and it can set you back.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

You also should slowly be introducing each food item to see if it agrees with you. You need to determine what is causing you to feel bad and it could be the rice, yogurt, or almond butter (or even coconut bread). If your yogurt is high in sugar (15-24g of sugar per serving) this can set you back.

-raster

Goldie

Ok, I was going off the foods to eat list which had all of those things on it. But that makes sense. The almonds I did soak before using them but I will nix the rice crackers and almond butter. My yogurt is unsweetened and has 9g of sugar. Thanks for the tip. I’ll start off slower. Yogurt and coconut bread for breakfast. 🙂

soon
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 27

“This morning though….my stomach is literally screaming at me. I’ve pooped 4 times in the last hour and my stomach won’t shut up! I also started taking my probiotics and things yesterday. It was a list of things my naturopath put together using stool sample results. They were uva ursi, undecyn, and tannic acid.”

Maybe it was the probiotics? I know when I first took them I got a little overzealous and had some massive diarreah. I remember reading that the bifido bacteria can do that. Or maybe you pissed off some parasites with the undecyn? Or it’s what Raster said. It wouldn’t hurt to follow his advice. In either case you’re better off now than before you started.

Did you eat everything you listed in a single meal?

Goldie

No that’s what I ate throughout the whole day. I think raster is right though. I just got really excited to eat and tried too much too fast. Today was better. I had coconut bread and yogurt for breakfast, salad for lunch, and quinoa chicken stir fry for dinner. We will find out how that fared In the morning I guess. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Finished cleanse, stomach literally yelling at me, too much food?’ is closed to new replies.