Finally making my order

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Finally making my order

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

Hi Able,

Sorry this will be a direct message for you as I don’t seem to be able to email you. I’m finally making my order! Woohoo and I was just wondering if you could recap the products I need to buy with me? So its a strong probiotic, digestive grape bitters, oregano oil and that’s it?

Also, is there a different between digestive bitters and digestive grape bitters because I can find the former in a local shop..?

I hope you’re well!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Katy.

As far as sending a personal message, I’d rather answer questions such as these here on the forum for the benefit of others. Of course, if the question is of a private nature, I wouldn’t mind a personal message in that case.

You mentioned a strong probiotic, digestive grape bitters, and oregano oil. I assume you’re continuing to take the coconut oil, if so, these are fine.

But concerning the digestive bitters, if you will give me more information on the ones you’ve seen, I will research them.

By the way, how have you been feeling?

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I need advice on a good probiotic as well. I am currently taking SMI powder and it contains the following:

Lactobacillus acidophilus (from U.S. Bovine Source) 100 mg *
    Lactobacillus casei rhamnosus (from U.S. Bovine Source) 100 mg *
    Lactobacillus plantarum (from Sorghum Molasses) 100 mg *
    Bifidobacterium longum (from U.S. Bovine Source) 20 mg *
    Lactobacillus salivarius (from Sorghum Molasses) 20 mg *
    Proprietary Plant Enzyme Blend 1141.1 mg Cellulase (from Aspergillus niger), Glucoamylase (from Rhizopus nitveus), Alpha-Amylase (from Aspergillus oryzae), Hemicellulase (from Aspergillus niger), and Alpha-Galactosidase (from Aspergillus niger)

It contains beet fiber and pineapple though, and I am wondering if this is bad?

I am considering the following supplements and am unsure which ones sound the best:

candidate
    molybdenum
    candida clear (I know you think this one isn’t good able, but it has a bunch of good things in one capsule and thus reduces costs)
    nattokinase
    calcium/magnesium botyrate
    phosphaticyl chlorine

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

Hmm I can’t say I’m feeling better so definitely wanting to get the right products. I’ve made the move so it’s been stressful and tiring so that is probably not helping at all.

A few more questions for you :). I’ve looking into the Renew Life probiotic you recommended and although its not too expensive itself, the shipping will be a major cost. I’ve emailed them to find out how much but unfortunately I do need to go for cheaper products. I was thinking of going for Threelac instead as I get free delivery. I know it has less strains of good bacteria but it does seem to have a good track record. I’ve also found a site that will refund me if it doesn’t work after 60 days. But I wanted your advice on this move first? IF you think it will be no good I will of course invest in the other as there’s no point being cheap when it comes to your health is there!

I also wanted to ask you about Lifeplan Acidophilus with Caprylic Acid… link – http://www.healthstuff.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=1468.. I got this today thinking I could take it until I get my orders. Is this product alright? It wasn’t too expensive so its not a problem if I made the wrong choice. I’m getting used to it! haha.

I’ve decided I will order the grape bitters instead of going for anything I can find.

And I am indeed still taking the coconut oil although I had to stop for the past few days. I have some catching up to do!

Oh one more question.. I’ve been having this really weird stomach problem – it feels like a nervous feeling but I’m not nervous.. it also feels as though my stomach is going to explode or something. its so odd and lasts about 2 hours and seems to happen after I’ve taken my supplements. Right now I’m only taking folic acid, magnesium and chromium (going to top up on B complex and calcium tomorrow). I was wondering if you knew what this could be? Also am I missing any supplements I should be taking?

Thanks for your help as always and I hope you’re still well! I’m imagining you’re off to the lake again?

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Katy.

I’m glad that the move is over for you, now maybe … maybe? … you can relax and get some much needed rest.

About the Lifeplan Acidophilus: Any type of acidophilus “can” contain the bacteria listed below, but then again it may not contain all of these, which makes taking acidophilus a more doubtful supplement than buying a product which lists the different strains by name rather just a category such as “acidophius” (a group of bacteria possibilities, more or less).

To show you the difference, the type that I’ve mentioned from Renew Life contains 14 definite strains of bacteria instead of a possible five.

The five possibilities in acidophilus:
    Bifidobacterium species (B)
    Lactobacillus acidophilus (A)
    Streptococcus salivarius subsp. thermophilus
    Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus (L)
    Lactobacillus casei (C)

The SMI powder contains both Cellulase and Hemicellulase, two enzymes that I’ve spoken of on the forum. Both of these enzymes can and do break down other enzymes in the intestines into a sugar which in turn feeds the Candida extending your treatment period. They’re literally feeding the Candida, Katy. Other than this, the SMI measures the amounts of probiotics in mg instead of billions, so I really have no way of comparing their amount with what is needed to treat Candida.

As far as the Threelac is concerned, you could try it if you like, after all, everyone else seems to have. Personally I don’t have much faith in it. When you’re looking for a probiotic in the UK, just remember to look for ‘billions’… and lot of billions, and numerous indentified strains on the label.

The supplements you named;
    candidate
    molybdenum
    If you’re only going to take one of the above instead of both, I would choose the Molybdenum.
    candida clear (I know you think this one isn’t good able, but it has a bunch of good things in one capsule and thus reduces costs)
    Not only do I think that it isn’t a good product, I think it’s a complete waste of money, even if it is cheap; the price matches the quality. You’re already getting the Caprylic Acid in your coconut oil which is much more potent and better for you. You should take liquid Oregano Oil if you want to kill Candida, and not the tiny bit that’s in a capsule.
    Nattokinase is a clot dissolving substance, why did you choose this one?
    calcium/magnesium botyrate – I’ve never researched this particular type before.
    phosphaticyl chlorine – This is a useful detox supplement as well as supporting the liver.

About your stomach problem, it would only be a wild guess on my part if I attempted to diagnose this problem.
    Why do you have just the magnesium pills? You mentioned purchasing calcium, and you’re right, you should take a calcium supplement along with the magnesium as they depend on each other for absorption.

What type of B complex are you planning on purchasing? That’s what the probiotic does, produce B vitamins in the intestines in the correct ration.

Yes indeed, I am at the lake and it’s beautiful this weekend. Perfect conditions.
    Enjoy your weekend.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

Just quickly, that other post was from ‘raster’ – the one listing all the products. Not me :).

Thanks for your response to mine though. I’ve found a Renew Life product on amazon.co.uk actually – its the 50 billion version of the one you suggested and contains 10 different strains. Much better than Threelac at least! I think I will go for this one.. what do you think?

I was going to check out b complexes today.. the reason being because I have a b12 deficiency and I already haven’t taken these for a couple of days. I don’t think its gone because I’ve been finding bruises all over me and I believe this can be to do with iron/b12 deficiency. Plus terrible lightheadedness and exhaustion yet again. Unless this is related to candida do you think? Its just one thing after another Able!

I started taking the magnesium because I read it was a good one to take and I was already taking calcium and I know they depend on each other so I thought it best. Should I not be taking it?

Glad the conditions are great for your lake trip! I’m just adjusting to the lack of humidity but its great! And right by the sea so A LOT more clean air for me :). Relaxation here I come hehe…

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Katy.

So sorry about the mix up. Guess I’m not used to seeing anyone else in this post and therefore didn’t look at the names – so of course I didn’t notice raster had left one as well.

Concerning the bruises: Take a vitamin C supplement if you’re not already. If you’re doing any type of exercise at all, even if it’s just a walk, take 1000 mg of vitamin C before the workout or walk, this is to aid in the synthesis of collagen which affects the blood vessels in the skin to withstand slight or harsh impacts.

If circulation is the problem, which is possible, the herb ginger is good for blood circulation.

The lightheadedness and exhaustion can be coming from the Candida as well as die-off, so with the infestation still there, plus occasional die-off because of the diet and antifungals, you could easily be getting a double dose of these two.

What are the counts of both the calcium and magnesium? Also you can look at the percentage of each in the supplements; for example, you want to see and equal percentage, such as 100% MDR for each. For these two supplements, 100% would be 1000 mg of calcium and 400 mg of the magnesium. Having a disproportioned supplement that depends on another for absorption can lead to a deficiency.

The same goes for all B vitamins as there is a natural ratio in the human body which, when disrupted can cause deficiencies. Taking just one B vitamin alone for a period of time, for example, can cause this, especially if a person is even slightly deficient in other B vitamins, which is usually the case with Candida. It’s also very difficult to find a B complex with the same percentage for each separate vitamin. Unfortunately, it’s more common to see 100% of one particular B vitamin, and something like 1000% of another, which as you see is quite ridiculous.
    Obtaining B12 in its natural form would be a lot safer. The foods that are high in B12 are: Lamb, eggs, clams, oysters, fish in general, crab, lobster, beef, liver.

The 50-billion version of Renew Life’s probiotic is much better than Threelac – in my opinion.

So you’re living by the sea, and the ‘lack’ of humidity sounds wonderful to me, what a lucky Lady Brit you are. Actually, tomorrow we’ll be leaving for an island just off the east coast where we’ll be spending our vacation this summer. Looking forward to that.

Enjoy your weekend.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

No worries about that – I know its easy to miss the name on the post.

I actually stopped taking the vitamin C before I left Bahrain as it was causing me a lot of heart burn.. but I will get some more as my dad actually told me to do the same thing concerning the bruises :). I try to exercise quite a bit (although its been a lot more difficult recently) so I’ll bear that it mind.. I just bought some ginger so I’ll use that too.. is crushed in tea ok?

I didn’t take any antifungals for a couple of days though and the dizziness was really horrible… but I’m wondering if it could be to do with the change in atmosphere too. I started taking COQ10 enzyme as I seem to recall you saying this was good for getting oxygen to the brain? I believe it supports energy as well.

I have been taking 2 500mg calcium tablets a day and I believe my magnesium tablet is 400 mg so that’s accidentally perfect then! I decided against buying a B complex as all the varieties I could find had sweeteners in them and I figured as you said probiotics encourage them in the body I’d wait until I start taking the Renew Life to see what happens.

I have a question about supplementation.. is it very necessary while treating Candida? I ask because I believe Candida inhibits your absorption of nutrients and so if this is the case supplementing won’t make a difference until you have the Candida overgrowth under control will it not? I seem to be eating all the foods for optimum nutrition so would this not be enough for now? Is it fine to focus on the probiotics and antifungals or should I keep taking supplements?

Also are there certain vitamins that particularly aid in combatting Candida overgrowth?

Sounds like a fabulous summer vacation for you!! I hope you have a great time. 🙂

Katy

Katy Gillett

Oh I also forgot to ask.. I’m looking for a good oregano oil on amazon.co.uk… What do you think about this product?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Organic-Oregano-Oil-80%25-Carvacrol/dp/B004OXPQ8K/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1313272225&sr=8-4

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Katy.

Quote: “Also are there certain vitamins that particularly aid in combating Candida overgrowth?”

The simple answer to that is, the human body will have a problem fighting any illness (or infestation) unless it is supplied with the right tools. The ‘right’ tools are plenty of necessary nutrients and a strong immune system.
    A deficiency of certain vitamins were found to be quite common in people with Candida, some of the vitamins are; calcium, vitamin D, vitamin A, vitamin K, biotin, iron, plus Candida disrupts the metabolism of vitamin B6 so more than the regular MDR would be needed with a Candida infestation. However, there is no way of knowing whether these people were deficient in the vitamins before they contracted Candida, or if they became deficient because of the Candida infestation. But one thing that this fact says is that all vitamins are needed in higher than normal amounts in order to fight Candida.

One of the biggest problems with Candida sufferers is a sluggish immune system. A lot of medical researchers believe that, generally speaking, Candida is an opportunistic in that it will only attack a person with a low acting immune system. Basically all vitamins are needed in order to have an immune system which can fight off diseases and pathogens such as yeast.

As far as ginger tea is concerned, it should work well providing you have at least three cups a day.

I looked at the link you sent with the oil of oregano. This is by far the best choice, but as you can see by the price, it’s quite expensive. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Oreganol-Oil-Oregano-Super-Strength/dp/B0014AUUVE/ref=sr_1_20?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1313284388&sr=1-20
    If you wish to try the other one, it’s probably fine.

You’re right in thinking that a change in atmosphere could cause dizziness.

Quote: “is it (vitamins) very necessary while treating Candida? I ask because I believe Candida inhibits your absorption of nutrients and so if this is the case supplementing won’t make a difference..”

First of all Candida doesn’t inhibit the absorption of “all” vitamins. Second, the fact that Candida inhibits the absorption of some nutrients only proves that you need more than what is normal without the infestation. You can’t fight Candida without a healthy immune system, and your immune system cannot be in a healthy condition without the proper nutrients.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able, OK I’ll carry on with the supplements. I just seem to keep having reactions to them! Its frustrating to say the least. I even had to stop the molybdenum because I felt ill whenever I had it!

As for the oregano oil… that one looks great but you’re right – a little too pricey. I’ve got a few options and I just signed up to a vitamins and herbs website which have everything I need on there so I’ll check that one out too.

I wanted to know whether I should be looking into taking grapefruit seed extract? Could I take it instead of the oregano oil?

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Katy

Quote: “I even had to stop the molybdenum because I felt ill whenever I had it!”

You felt ill from the Molybdenum, is that what you’re saying?

Quote: “I wanted to know whether I should be looking into taking grapefruit seed extract? Could I take it instead of the oregano oil?”

Oil of Oregano is at least 10 to 20 times more potent against Candida than grapefruit seed extract. Plus, unless you purchase the liquid form, it’s basically useless in most cases. And most people find that even the liquid extract only works against Candida for a short period of time compared to oil of oregano which Candida cannot adapt to. The oregano oil will also make a perfect maintenance tool once you’ve successfully treated the Candida.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

Yes I believe the molybdenum was making me feel ill as I would feel nauseous straight after taking it and this stopped once I stopped it. However I have restarted it as of yesterday and now I’m feeling fine. I just seem to have reactions to all sorts right now, particularly if I have anything consecutively.

Remember I mentioned that stomach feeling I was having? I’ve taken supplements out one by one to find the culprit and it seems to have been my magnesium tablet. Must have been something in it (but unfortunately I can’t find out as I left the bottles in Bahrain). Such an odd feeling!

I’ll stick to the coconut oil and oil of oregano then :).

Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I think the nauseau is common and is most likely related to the die-off symptoms.

An idea about the probiotics: Maybe start at the 30 billion count and move up to 50, then 70? I got some last week and it seems to be working.

Thanks Able about the SMI powder. I saw the ingredients on the back before the post and was like “no way ughh”. Another one I was taking had rice starch in it, boo!

Katy: quit coffee if you can, it’ll help a lot (if you haven’t already stopped).

Also its up to you what plan you decide to take on the supplements. I recommend going overboard and getting a bunch of them to fight this sucker off. I mean, its really messing you up and you want to get better, right? Take the supplements!

Able900
    Spectator

raster wrote: I recommend going overboard and getting a bunch of them to fight this sucker off. I mean, its really messing you up and you want to get better, right? Take the supplements!

“Going overboard” isn’t necessary and it’s a total waste of money. A minimum number of antifungals can be used, and as far as vitamins, a lot of people take these before they contract Candida, so they aren’t always an ‘added’ supplement.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Finally making my order’ is closed to new replies.