Feminine Candida Problem – Going on for years

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Feminine Candida Problem – Going on for years

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Clare_ 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

momela
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 6

5-7 years ago I started to have frequently recurring yeast infections. Today, I can barely have a night with my husband without an infection flaring up as soon as the next day. It doesn’t even have to be after having sex, I can get stressed out, lose a few nights of sleep, or get another illness and then have a flare up. Mostly though I am concerned that I can barely have a sexual relationship with my husband without having to worry about this happening.

I started (about 4 years ago) working on getting regular sleep and adjusting my stress level. At the time I took anxiety medication and no longer am, but my stress level is far more under control. I exercise daily by walking with my daughter and dog at least once, and we also go on hikes and have used our pool for swimming a few times this summer.

More recently I read about the Candida Diet and have started adjusting my diet slowly. I still breastfeed my 11mo daughter and am approaching this diet cautiously. Mainly I have cut out sugary beverages and desserts and am learning and studying nutrition labels all the time to look for lower-sugar options. It is difficult for me but I am determined…I would feel better knowing that someone out there has been in my position and done this dieting approach with success. I can’t help but feel very disheartened at times when I feel the itch return.

Also, I use apple cider vinegar douches to clear up the infection when it starts become more noticeable. I have lost faith in prescription and over the counter treatments.

Anyone have anything to share or been in this situation? Thanks for sharing..

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

Hi Momela,

Have you tried inserting tampons soaked in coconut oil? Coconut oil is antifungal so this may help. Alternatively many people suggest yoghurt covered tampons, these never really worked for me but may for some people.

I’m sure you do everything else I do, wear cotton knickers, sleep without knickers, use non scented shower gels.

Taking oral probiotics should help however the capsules are expensive so you might want to consider making kefir which is cheap to make and strongly probiotic.

Hope this helps, i know how horrible they can be.

Jo

momela

Hi Jo,

I appreciate your feedsback, and I have not yet tried the coconut oil soaked tampons, but I will. How long am I supposed to keep them in? And should it be done daily for a few days, or other?

I intend to purchase a good probiotic from the organic store soon. I can update on here on progress if I notice any.

Thanks to you and anyone else for sharing

Mel

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

First of all you’ll probably need to warm your coconut oil up by putting it over boiling water, then let your tampon soak in it for a minute or two before inserting. Sleeping with it in would be most benefical, although like any tampon you don’t want to leave it in more than 8 hours.

I know a lot of people also use coconut oil as a sexual lubricant, which may help keep your symptoms at bay when you feel ready to have sex again.

Personally probiotics seem to positively effect my health in many ways so I hope they will have the same effect for you.

I really hope you find a solution and good luck!

Jo.

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

momela wrote: 5-7 years ago I started to have frequently recurring yeast infections. Today, I can barely have a night with my husband without an infection flaring up as soon as the next day. It doesn’t even have to be after having sex, I can get stressed out, lose a few nights of sleep, or get another illness and then have a flare up. Mostly though I am concerned that I can barely have a sexual relationship with my husband without having to worry about this happening.

I started (about 4 years ago) working on getting regular sleep and adjusting my stress level. At the time I took anxiety medication and no longer am, but my stress level is far more under control. I exercise daily by walking with my daughter and dog at least once, and we also go on hikes and have used our pool for swimming a few times this summer.

More recently I read about the Candida Diet and have started adjusting my diet slowly. I still breastfeed my 11mo daughter and am approaching this diet cautiously. Mainly I have cut out sugary beverages and desserts and am learning and studying nutrition labels all the time to look for lower-sugar options. It is difficult for me but I am determined…I would feel better knowing that someone out there has been in my position and done this dieting approach with success. I can’t help but feel very disheartened at times when I feel the itch return.

Also, I use apple cider vinegar douches to clear up the infection when it starts become more noticeable. I have lost faith in prescription and over the counter treatments.

You probably have an acquired cell-mediated suppression caused by an underlying cause and the same presence of candida.
    Until you don’t correct it, there isn’t possible solution.

Jorge.

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

momela wrote: 5-7 years ago I started to have frequently recurring yeast infections. Today, I can barely have a night with my husband without an infection flaring up as soon as the next day. It doesn’t even have to be after having sex, I can get stressed out, lose a few nights of sleep, or get another illness and then have a flare up. Mostly though I am concerned that I can barely have a sexual relationship with my husband without having to worry about this happening.

I was in your situation but for 2 whole years it never went away. You can imagine the effect it had on my sex life. I’ve been on the diet for nearly 5 months now and 3 months in was when I really noticed the difference. I think the yeast infection is still there very slightly but I have a sex life again which is such an improvement. The difference came when I started taking probiotics. I cant recommend them enough. I also started doing the coconut tampon thing at the same time, every day and inserted a probiotic tablet at night. I didnt do the cotton knickers / no knickers thing because itching wasnt really a problem.

Going back to the coconut tampons. I use these organic ones http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natracare-Organic-Non-Applicator-Tampons-Regular/dp/B00005368L/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347178900&sr=8-1 and I keep my coconut oil in a place in my house thats always warm so that I never have to bother with melting it.

I cant recommend Able and Rasters strict forum diet highly enough and if you follow it to the letter, as i believe I have, then you should get rid of it.

Good luck 🙂

momela

dvjorge wrote:
    You probably have an acquired cell-mediated suppression caused by an underlying cause and the same presence of candida.

Jorge.

I’m sorry but I don’t know what cell mediated suppresion is…could you share a little more on that? Thanks.

Mel

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

momela wrote:

Jorge.

I’m sorry but I don’t know what cell mediated suppresion is…could you share a little more on that? Thanks.

Mel

Hi Mel,
    Everybody who is dealing with an unresponsive fungal infection has an immune problem.
    Sometimes, minor, sometimes, mayor.
    Chronic fungal infections are associated to a deficient Cell-mediated immunity.
    Most, if not all, candida sufferers have an immune system polarized toward to a Th2 immune response. This is the cause why the yeast don’t go away and re-occur.

There are several causative factors that influence that polarized immune response, one of them is the same presence of candida colonies in the colon. Other causes are heavy metal toxicity, chronic parasites, etc.

There also are intrinsic immune defects since we are born.

Jorge.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

I used to get this. Try the forum diet. It is working for me.

In a nutshell, make sure you cut out all sugars and grains. You need to starve the candida. And consume probiotics and antifungals.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Feminine Candida Problem – Going on for years’ is closed to new replies.