Fell off the diet wagon

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fell off the diet wagon

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hope 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

Oops! Was into 2nd week of detox and had been really strict on what I had been eating and drinking. Then I fell off the wagon. Which is annoying as had been feeling great and the thrush had gone from my tongue. Anyway I’ve drank wine the past 4 nights, eaten 2 chocolate bars and scoffed some Haribo (which I love). I also drank 2 cups of coffee over 2 days. Don’t feel bad in any way but my tongue is sore again and has a slight mark on it which goes to show the thrush has returned.

In a way I’m pleased I did this as it has proven to me that I do need to stick with this as much as I hate it! Suppose I’ll be starting all over again now.

Downside is the antifungals my doc gave me have finished and I detest coconut oil (which seems to be a good thing to have). May try and get hold of some caprylic acid capsules.

Kind of depressing though that it has only taken a few days, some wine, 2 cups of coffee and a bit of sugar and boom! It’s back!

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

I understand what you mean about at least having confirmation now that you definitely need to be strict with the diet. It can be really difficult to stick to it if you’re constantly doubting whether or not you actually NEED to. But, girl, sounds like you need to 😉

I sort of had a similar experience. I had been on the diet for 5 weeks and was just beginning to reintroduce a few things – a little sweet potato or cooked carrot, things like that – and I was feeling **awesome**. It was seriously like, “Wow. I barely remembered what it was like to feel this good!” But I began to wonder if it had more to do with eating a diet that was good for my low-blood sugar instead of really being a candida issue. I’ve had low-blood sugar for years, but haven’t really taken it very seriously (not technically hypoglycemic, just at the low end of the normal range). So, I thought maybe I was just feeling really great because I was eating to accomodate my low blood sugar.

THEN – at the end of week 5, my OB (I’m 23 weeks pregnant) diagnosed me with a rather significant UTI that definitely required antibiotics. Antibiotics!!! The arch-enemy!!! Anyway, I continued eating exactly as I had been throughout Stage 1, but as you can imagine, the yeast had a hayday. The first week after I finished the anitbiotics was so rough. I was *extremely* fatigued and emotional. I really think it was die-off all over again. It’s been 2 weeks now since I wrapped up the antibiotics and I still am not feeling really back to normal. This is most definitely more than just my low blood sugar!!!

Now you can get back on track with the knowledge that your body really does need this diet!

veg2
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 27

Hi!
    I can relate to the frustration of this being such a long process. I haven’t fallen off the wagon but I’m on week 6. I went in for a one month follow up a couple weeks ago, feeling a little discouraged due to still feeling lethargic, emotional, etc.
    I was like, is this die off or am I just not improving? After following every instruction!
    Oh also, when I first went in-they found I had a parasite and candida. So the good news at one month was the parasite was gone. It seemed they expected more candida improvement at that point though. He recommended no changes in the diet (I had been totally expecting to be able to add green apples, berries, etc., so that was sad). He gave me another supplement for energy so I could at least have enough energy to workout, and more potent herbal enzymes. He also asked me to get a thermometer and take my temp before getting out of bed, as soon as I woke up each morning for a week and get him the numbers. If it’s under 97.8 it could indicate adrenal fatigue/low thyroid. So my temps were like 93, 94.
    Yesterday I emailed him the temps and mentioned my main symptoms, all are total thyroid things. Fatigue, irritability, chills, depression. Plus I’ve ALWAYS had super low blood pressure and cravings for salty things. Anyhow, I’m rambling.
    He said he thinks I’m definitely also dealing with some adrenal fatigue/thyroid issues, so he gave me a couple more herbal supplements for thyroid/adrenals. he said to give those a few weeks and see how I’m doing.
    Wow, sorry-this is so long! At any rate, I’m super hopefuly that this will be the ticket and I’ll be feeling great in a few weeks, but I am not a patient person to begin with, and I feel like I just keep trying and waiting to feel great and have some energy again. Not too mention it’s summer now, and I’d love to have happy hour with my friends and not have water! Ok, that is all, I’m growing weary of the long process but it does help knowing others are out there doing it too!

Lily
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 42

Thanks for the responses guys. It’s so good to hear other people’s stories and have the support on here. Woke this morning with a very sore tongue and more white patches (just how it was before I began the detox). Also to add to my misery I now have vaginal thrush too (which I didn’t have before). This sucks! Need to get some caprylic acid or similar antifungal, get back on track with detox and zap these nasties!!

I’m still shocked at how easily and quickly it has come back. Mind you I have fed it coffee and alcohol and a couple of chocolate bars so it’s probably been loving that! I seemed to lose 7lbs very quickly after only a week on detox and after only a few days off the wagon I’ve gained 3lbs!

Anyway it has made me more determined now as these past few days are proof of what I have. Been tired and lethargic since off detox too which hasn’t felt nice after feeling so energised on it! Day 1 of detox begins, again!

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Lily, you can use plain organic yogurt topically for your vaginal yeast infection. Google it. It’s been widely used as a treatment for a long, long time. Also, I’d recommend taking alcohol-free Echinacea liquid drops in water (to make like a tonic) to help boost your immune system since you’re fighting so much at once. The recommended “healing” dose is 1 drop per 2 pounds of body weight about 3x per day. It tastes nasty, but it really helps. It can increase immune function by as much as %30. You’ll take this amount until all noticeable symptoms subside and then drop down to about 20 drops per day for a week or so to keep reinfection away.

On the thrush, I had it, too as one of my main candida symptoms following an antibiotic. I swished salt water (about 1-1.5 tsp salt per cup of H2O) around in my mouth many times a day and also swished extra virgin coconut oil around in my mouth as a kind of topical antifungal. I also took garlic capsules 3x a day (with that Echinacea tonic). Don’t cheat even a tiny bit now. Seriously. That thrush is nasty stuff, but you can starve it out. Don’t even use your normal toothpaste while the thrush is so bad. You can brush with a little salt water until it subsides.

Hope it clears up quickly!!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fell off the diet wagon’ is closed to new replies.