Feeling terrible after eating the same thing I always eat

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Feeling terrible after eating the same thing I always eat

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

vem
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 15

I completed the one-week veggie cleanse and am 4 days into the strict diet and I’m having terrible Candida symptoms–very painful cramps and bloating, mainly. It started after eating the salad and brussels sprouts I always eat, and then when I ignored it and drank some green veggie juice it got way worse.

Does this mean that something in those foods is actually causing a problem for me? Or is it die-off? Or just my Candida randomly acting up again?

It’s so hard to know if I’m doing something wrong or right.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

In my experience I have “die off” (headache, muscle ache, tired, brain fog, upset stomach) and I have candida symptoms really coming out during periods of detox.

vem

It’s so confusing though. In the protocol it says to pay attention to our bodies, and if we experience gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea after eating something, to discontinue the food. So how do I know if what I’m experiencing is a good or bad symptom? Do I just assume that because I usually have no problem with green veggies, tonight was an exception?

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

vem;30751 wrote: It’s so confusing though. In the protocol it says to pay attention to our bodies, and if we experience gas, bloating, constipation or diarrhea after eating something, to discontinue the food. So how do I know if what I’m experiencing is a good or bad symptom? Do I just assume that because I usually have no problem with green veggies, tonight was an exception?

The sympthoms you described are the same sympthoms a patient has with SIBO. These are then NOT die-off but the results off bacteria fermenting carbs and fiber, the bacteria releases poisiones gas and acids while eating the fibres your intestens have a hard time digesting. Often the pain is because of gas which makes you cramp upp. If you experience less or no trouble after 3 days being on low fibre you know that there is something going on in the direction of SIBO. I would then recomment a breath test for SIBO. Before you conclude that you have Candida you have to make sure you have it. Only from the sympthoms it will not work as a lot of sicknesses have the same sympthoms. If you believe you have Candida and start fighting is by eating a low carb high fibre diet and in reality you have SIBO you will get confused. You will experience for month and month (die-off) which is actually you giving food to the bacteria and they poision you. Brainfog is the results of the lactic acids the bacteria releases into your bloodstream. Brain fog can but must not have anything to do with Candida. Then to make it even more complicated is that most people with Candida suffer too SIBO and SIBO folks have a candida problem. That makes finding a diet and a battleplan a real challange.

all the best to you
    yours
    thomas

vem

Jesus. Okay, thanks Thomas. I’ll make an apointment and find out.

vem

Hey Thomas,

I’ve done some research and apparently the SIBO breath test is only 60% accurate. And it looks like the diets for both SIBO and candida are the same–no grains or starchy veggies, etc., and lots of probiotics. I was wondering if you had any info that I’m not finding? Somewhere else I should look?

Thomas

vem;30774 wrote: Hey Thomas,

I’ve done some research and apparently the SIBO breath test is only 60% accurate. And it looks like the diets for both SIBO and candida are the same–no grains or starchy veggies, etc., and lots of probiotics. I was wondering if you had any info that I’m not finding? Somewhere else I should look?

Hi mate,
    the tests are accurate if you go to the right place. You should not buy a test for home use because they are not accurate att all and I would say not even 60 percent but 100 percent. What you have to do is to find a MD or hospital to perform the test. A very good book for you is A new IBS solution from Mark Pimentel, MD he is the director of the gastrointestinal motility program at cedars-sinai medical center LA. The test has to be done that you drink a lactulose syrup. Then, every fifteen minutes over a three-hours period, they sample your breath and collect them. You have to make sure they have a QuinTron device. Because this equipment can meassure hydrogen and methane gas at the same time. A test only for hydrogen is not enough. If the times are shorter its not a good test either. It has to be right. You can go to http://www.quintron-usa.com or phone them at 800-542-4448 and call for a MD who has bought a QuinTron Instrument from them. They like to help. I got even a MD adress from them in Sweden. 😉

There is something similar but there is a big different as well in the treatment.

1. You want to kill the overproduction of bacteria. This will only help for a short time because there is a reason that you have bacteria in the wrong place. All bacteria is bad for you if they are on the wrong place. You can have a e.coli in the large intestines and its fine there but if you get it into the blood it might kill you. Bacterial growth in the small intestine appears to destroy the enzymes on the intestinal cell surface preventing carbohydrate digestion and absorption and making carbohydrates available for further fermentation. The bacteria will multiply while your cells will not get enough glucose. You body malnutrions and bacteria will release hydrogen or methangas, which will give you diarrhea or constipation if its a methangas producing bacteria. This will further drag your body down as the gases and the endotoxins of the bacteria will cause harm to your cells and immunesystem. You will get brainfog because of the lactic acid, you will get leaky gut and reations to nearly all food etc.

They kill down the bacteria with a special antibiotic: The name Rifaximin which only will affect the intestines and will not go into your blood. Then they might take a diet approach and have you eating for 10 days Vivonex, this is a elemtary diet giving your body all it need but it is pre-digested and leaves nothing to the bacteria. They die.

After that you will have to live with a diet which is similar to the candida diet but different. I recomment for you Breaking the vicious cycle intestinal health through diet by Elaine Gottschall. She teaches you about sugars and that sugars are not the same. The problem is that you dont want to have polysaccharide or disaccharide but monosccaharides are important to have. Like Honey!

there are some SIBO sufferers who benefit of pro-biotica but most do not do good on them. Quite the contrary. If you have SIBO you have already too much bacteria. There is not good or bad bacteria, the so called good bacteria turns bad in another acid environemt. So pushing in more bacteria is not a good thing.

When I was here on the diet believing I only had candida I felt at one point I would die if I continue a month longer. Its clear to me why. I lost over 30 kg, I was severly malnutritioned because of the bacteria fermenting all the pre-biotics I was eating. Like the high fibre food we have here. Then I was eating Kefir a lot and having high amounts of probiotics. It went downhill and I thought it was die-off. After several month of die-off I had to know what is wrong with me and stopped to resurge the matter.

So, yes there is somthing similar but most is not. You can test it by yourself and try to eat very little fibre or for tree day none att all. My diareer I had for several month stopped already after 3 days, my brainfog was gone too. Then when I was eating honey I didnt get brainfog or any reaction. Try to drink hot water with a tsp honey. Have a soup boiled from bone marror and put some meat in cook it 2.5 hours, sofboiling. No greens- only that and test it how it goes. Take honey as a monosaccharide, giving your cells sugar. That is digested in the first part of the small intestines. Bacteria gets nothing but your body gets power. Then the bone marrow gives you fat, the meat gives you protein and put a tsp himalaya salt into the pot and later some on your plate. There you get some minerals and sodium too.

Take a break with all the rest. No pre-biotics and no probiotics, no fibre no greens and see. If you feel better after 3 day to a week you know that there could be a other door to go through.

all the best to you
    and I hope you see some light in the tunnel
    yours
    Thomas

vem

Thomas, thank you, this is so useful! I’m scared to start using honey without knowing I don’t have Candida, but I made an appointment with a GI for a few weeks from now (soonest I could get) and I specified which tests I want done. Thank you so much for the info and advice!

vem

Thomas, I ordered the book and have been looking over the website. It seems like the diets are in direct opposition to each other. Since I have to wait 2 and a half weeks to have my doctor’s appointment, I wanted to ask you: when this whole nightmare first started, it seemed to be a severe reaction to eating any vegetables. I couldn’t stop the diarrhea, vomiting, and severe cramps and bloating. Finally I cut out all vegetables for a month, and I was basically symptom-free. Looking back, that sounds more like SIBO than Candida, don’t you agree?

Thomas

vem;30796 wrote: Thomas, thank you, this is so useful! I’m scared to start using honey without knowing I don’t have Candida, but I made an appointment with a GI for a few weeks from now (soonest I could get) and I specified which tests I want done. Thank you so much for the info and advice!

No problem mate, but I believe that you dont need to be afraid. The reason is that you anyhow need sugar for your cells. Now the question is what kind of sugar. If you dont eat any kind of carbs and avoid all sugars because you are afraid to feed the candia you will hit the state of ketosis. That is when your liver is taking up the job and changing proteins into sugars. The liver has its own reserve of a sugar kind of stuff which it released when times are bad for your body. This is thought as a help in emergency. Your body is then in a state of internal stress. Which again pushes out other chemicals which can mess around with you. In any account your candida will get some sugar sooner or later even if you dont eat honey. My theory is that. I know that honey or glucose is absort in the first meters och the small intestines. If I choose the right sugar then nothing goes down the rest of the ca 15 meters. If your candida is mainly in the colon then the sugar from honey or glucose is not going down there. It will go into your blood and to your cells as food and not feed candida or bacteria. This is very important too for your immunesystem. I believe we are sick with bacteria or candida because of a compromised immunesystem. If you get that up you have no problems with candida either. To weaken our body and the immunesystem is counterproduktiv. Therefore I choose the control of my battle. I choose the sugar and I choose the place where it enters my blood. Dont know if my theory is right but it works for me. When your intestines are irritated they produce a muccus to protect the intestines. The trouble is that the food is not getting into contact with the enzyms and starts fermenting away feeding anything bacteria and candida. So, my tactics are this: I drink honey water in the amount which my body need in type of monosaccarides. Then I eat bone brew for the fats, himalayasalt, boiled meat because it is easier to digest for the proteins. I eat advocados for the proteins, I eat eggs for the proteins. But I have stopped with all type of grains and milk products. Even yoghurt, kefir etc. I dont eat any kind of cabbage. My plan is to calm down my body and heal my leaky gut first.

My theory why I got out of balance is that I had all my life a milk protein allergy. My mother said to me that I had to be raised on soya because I could not stand milk. I learned now that it is wrong to believe that it grows out of you when you are adult. I felt all my life somehow a little bad. For example did I have anal itching for 30 years which has stopped now totally!

Off course you have to do what you feel you need to do but fear is never a good advicer.Keep a cool head and test and experiement.

Simple rule. What works – works. What doesnt – doenst. You are good when you say: Whow, I feel good.

To your question: Yes it sounds to me that your intestines and your bioflora got out of balance and you developed a leaky gut and malabsorbation. The carbs start to ferment and you develop all kinds of suffering from endotoxins. Your immunesystem attacks the food molecules and you get chemical reactions from that too. Like too much histamin in your system. Somehow I feel that you would do good to go the path I went and check it out if it helps you. SIBO is very much on my mind if I think of your case.

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

vem;30749 wrote: brussels sprouts …

Sounds like die-off, especially considering that Brussels sprouts are in your diet.

It’s so hard to know if I’m doing something wrong or right.

As long as you’re eating only the foods that are on the strict diet, you’re not doing anything wrong. Do you have the diet?

Able

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Feeling terrible after eating the same thing I always eat’ is closed to new replies.