Feeling sick! Am I doing something wrong?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Feeling sick! Am I doing something wrong?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

fml432
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 35

Here’s my story: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1274_Need-some-encouragement-here.aspx I figured I’d make a new thread because this seems a new concern, but if you guys prefer, I can keep all my updates to my old thread to prevent cluttering the forum.

Okay…so yesterday I had 4 boiled eggs and a cucumber for breakfast, I can’t recall what I had during lunch, but in the afternoon I had ground turkey with green beans, onions, garlic, asparagus, and bellpeppers, all cooked in extra virgin olive oil.

Today I had a medium to smallish bowl of oat bran, an avocado and two eggs for lunch, and now I’m boiling chicken tenders and sauteing onions and bellpeppers in extra virgin olive oil (will add garlic at the end).

So is this nausea and weakness I’m feeling because of my smaller portions or because of what I’m eating? I didn’t think I’d be a victim of candida die-off symptoms (and certainly didn’t think it would happen so fast) so am I wrong? I’m just confused because I’ve gone days with eating very little before, and I never felt so bad so fast. I wonder if it’s just because I’m not sustaining myself on junk and red meat like I would normally when “fasting” like that.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I am not a candida expert, so wait what Able and raster are saying.
    But to me it looks much like die-off symptoms. I always thought that I am allergic to garlic because I got these terrible symptoms after having garlic in my food. Today I am sure it was no allergic reaction to garlic but a strong reaction from the candida to the garlic.

yours
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you are feeling “awful/sick” this is very normal. Think about all of those tiny minute symptoms you’ve experienced over the last months/years and add those together and multiply it by 5. Thats how awful I felt die-off was like for me.

When I started the diet, I wasn’t expecting die-off for a few days, especially not immediately. I just didn’t think I had candida…but toxic mold poisoning. Well anyways, I was very surprised about how ill I felt; what this is is millions/billions of dead candida flooding your body and organs all at once! This means you have candida overgrowth (to be frank)!

Please read this post:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst815_Dieoff-Dangers.aspx

The candida wants to feed…better yet it wants a feast! What you may experience soon are strong cravings for sugar and foods not allowed on the diet. I feel this is why there is an obesity problem in America; candida wants to be fed a ton!

My die-off experience lasted 2-4 weeks. I had it real bad. It will last different time periods for different people depending on the extent of the infestation. The first week was by far the worst, and I slowly felt better as time went on. After 2 months I was symptom free and never had a die-off feeling again.

One thing you should consider if you want to lessen the symptoms is to do a steam room, sauna, hot tub, or even a hot bath. The more you sweat out those toxins, the less the die-off symptoms will effect your body. Your skin is the bodies largest organ, and it can detox your body quite easily if you allow it. You can do sauna up to 6 times a week; just don’t go for longer than 15 minutes at a time. Dr. Mcoomb’s even recommends a hot mustard to help sweat (I won’t get into this and its not recommended).

Drink plenty of water; maybe consider getting some detox (or similar tea) to flush the liver. There are other ways to help detox that I don’t even know about.

It is very similar to being very sick; mucous production, headaches, nauseau, heart palpitations, etc. The list can be very big.

In time you will feel well again, just tough it out as well as possible for now. Take days one at a time. Allow for plenty of rest/sleep.

-Raster

Thomas

Raster, what confuses me greatly is that I never had and still dont have gravings for sugar! Now being for nearly 2 weeks on our diet, I am not even hungry.

The die off for me havent 100 percent stopped but I feel much much better. It goes in waves like a battle. Suddenly my eyes feel itchy and sticky or a very slite uneasye in the stomach comes up or pain in the knees and muscles. One hour later everything can disapear and I get a bit dizzy. One our later after I had some swedish bitter tea, that dizzyness might be history for 2 or more days only to come back for one hour. Real strange.

But I am not hungry or have any type of cravings, not even after coffee!

yours
    thanks
    Thomas

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Thomas, I’m a bit the same – I used to enjoy 3 to 4 mugs of very strong filter coffee each day… and up to a bottle of wine most evenings. I strongly beleive now that I was craving the caffiene & alcohol because I had already cut out all “obvious” yeasts and sugars nearly 2 years ago. BUT the day I started the detox I have never looked at either coffee or wine. I did have bad headaches for 3 days so this may have been the coffee withdrawal…

Sorry, fml I’m just learning myself so can’t answer your query. But it does sound like die off to me. Why did you not think you’d get them? (Just out of interest)

Thomas

While we are talking about symptoms, I wonder if you guys have what I experience now.

I was eating garlic, lime, had some grapfruitseed extract…and yes mixed with water now…then my hands got cold, I got watery diarrhoea, and a very strange feeling in around my heart much like being afraid of getting a heart attack, like it would contract of something. I heard that someone said that the feeling around the heart can come from air in the stomach. Do you know of this kind of symptoms, especial the heart symptoms as they freak me out.

cheers
    Thomas

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

Again I am by no means an expert either but I have read stories where healthy people feel weak at first when switching over to a low carb diet. Mainly because their bodies have to adjust to not having all of those carbs for energy.

Now you toss candida into the mix and you do have a problem on your hands. Not only is your body missing the extra carbs, you have millions of little hungry parasites demanding food. You starve them and they cause problems.

I think you’re experiencing some die-off and like you said your body is missing the junk food and red meat that its used to.

Munoz
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 32

I am in the diet almost 2 weeks, and I have the same symptoms, i am trying to eat more and more, I don want to lose wait I am skinny already, so I keep up eating, sometimes I feel better, and like today I feel space out, weak, dizzy. Mornings are the worst for me, but I am kind of listening my body, today I did the lemon just once so far, I don’t want push my body too much, my muscles are aching sometimes, so I better be careful. I haven’t broken the diet though… I am Tentend but not I will keep up I want to feel better.

Thomas

Munoz wrote: I am in the diet almost 2 weeks, and I have the same symptoms, i am trying to eat more and more, I don want to lose wait I am skinny already, so I keep up eating, sometimes I feel better, and like today I feel space out, weak, dizzy. Mornings are the worst for me, but I am kind of listening my body, today I did the lemon just once so far, I don’t want push my body too much, my muscles are aching sometimes, so I better be careful. I haven’t broken the diet though… I am Tentend but not I will keep up I want to feel better.

Good mate! Keep it up and dont let the fight push you down.
    You will feel better soon!

cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am happy to hear that so many of your are experiencing similar symptoms. That means what you are doing is working. Eventually there will be a day where you experience no die off symptoms! Just keep at it and don’t give up!

Drink plenty of water if possible; somewhere between 90-120oz a day would be perfect.

Thomas: That heart pain you mentioned, it’s called a heart palpitation. I used to experience these maybe a dozen times a day before and during the diet. Eventually it will go away as you get better. I don’t have them anymore.

The muscle aches and pains are very normal as well; these will lessen over time as you do the diet. For me, almost every ligament in my body felt painful and I used to bruise easily. I think one area of the body that will be painful for just about everyone is the back. Before the diet, I had the inability to heal minor cuts/scrapes and bruises as well. Once I did the diet, this improved and now its not a problem.

If you all are experiencing lethargy and low energy, this is very normal as well. For me, every single day I was on the diet I woke up with more energy. It took a long time for it to improve, but you should see slow and steady progress. If you can, try to at least walk 15-45 minutes a day to gain some minor exercise (Thomas I can’t imagine doing this in Sweden, lol).

I used to drink coffee every day as well for the last 10 years. I now only drink it once a week, if that at all. What I notice now when I drink it is amazing; I just cannot handle it anymore. It really “messes me up” and is like a very strong drug. It feels so toxic and makes me feel abnormal. I end up really drained in the evening too; I don’t think I will ever be going back to drinking it everyday.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Feeling sick! Am I doing something wrong?’ is closed to new replies.