Feeling hopeless, not sure what else to do…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Feeling hopeless, not sure what else to do…

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  BozWhiteTiger 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 12

Hey all

I’ve still been struggling with a list of horrid digestive ailments, that have escalated to the point of being an everyday occurrence with little to no relief from continual gas/cramping pressure in the right quadrant of my abdomen, around my belly button. The past few months have been especially terrible, I’m not sure why…but there’s always pressure , cramping and bubbling gas that I can feel moving around there, nonstop for the past three months, it’s very disconcerting and painful at times and nothing seems to be helping lately.

From my last post I mentioned using betain HCL, and not noticing much help with it. Most sites suggested taking more, which not only didn’t help but caused me to develop gastritis, so ontop of Candida/Sibo issues, I now have occasional burning if I’m not careful with what I eat or supplement with, which has severely limited my options on trying to treat these issues.

I’ve been feeling terribly hopeless, still unable to afford a naturopath, and unsure of what to do next.

I can’t tolerate probiotics any longer… At all, they cause terrible cramping in my right abdomen that feels extremely deep, no matter what ones I’ve tried they just about all do this and do not help me at all, things seem to get worse every time I try them so I’ve taken the hint.

I take slippery elm for the gastritis, seems to help but cant fully heal it at all. I’ve tried dgl licorice, which aggravates it, l glutamine in pill form, which seems to do nothing, as well flaxseed and omega oils but they aggravate the burning too, so I’m completely lost in what to do to heal this as everything that seems to help most people makes it worse for me.

Also, I tried reintroducing Extra virgin coconut oil, organic, after discontinuing it as I wasn’t feeling it was doing much. Hoping it might help with the deep cramping and nonstop crawling gas, I gave it another try, only to find that shortly after taking it id have more cramping, then a painful BM a few hours later… I’m not sure if I developed an allergy or something but this doesn’t seem right as I don’t feel it’s die off just a sudden intolerance, but this concerns me as I was able to take it without these issues just six months ago, why would it change?

I’ve tried numerous antimicrobials, goldenseal, cinnamon, olive leaf extract, grapefruit seed extract, uva ursi, pau d’ arco ect…they may on occasion provide some relief but mostly constipate me and the problems always come back… I don’t know what else to try or if I should even bother but the problems are getting so unbearable that I can barely function anymore.

Besides the cramping, there’s multiple bowel movements, from the minute I get up until after twelve, 3-5 times followed by the gas pains. There’s brain fog and poor memory, and terrible fatigue in the evenings. Sinus issues have been awful, with the constant swinging of temperatures there’s lots of post nasal drip and dizziness that just makes the stomach pain even worse.

Besides slippery elm I’m not taking much else, I was taking up to 3000mg of vitamin c, divided throughout the day as that seemed to help with brain clarity, but as gastritis symptoms are not improving and the pills aggravate it at times I’ve cut that out too, as well as anything else that bothers it.

Admittedly my diet is not immaculate, however I avoid all caffeinated drinks and fruits, dairy as well as gluten as much as possible, and this hasn’t really provided much relief at all, and I don’t understand why.

Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated, I really don’t know what else to do now.

1 user thanked author for this post.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider the use of digestive enzyme products and try out SF722 which also helps with stomach acid.  Instead of regular HCL I would consider zypan.  I would try to afford one ND appointment and learn of some specific standard process supplements you can take or try out to help your digestion.

They have a wide variety of digestive enzyme and digestive products that can help get things in check, and it likely would cost about $40-80 per month for a couple of bottles of their products.  For instance Betacol, arginex, AF Betafood, Zymex II, calsol, chezyn, cholacol, etc. (just a few examples) all address specific portions of your digestive system to get things working again and sometimes it requires trial and error with the work of a professional.   But the diet itself can help address these problems…

If you can’t afford stuff like this then I would consider getting a nutribullet or something similar and start making kale smoothies, etc. which hopefully will improve your diet and help do the work of these vitamins.  I would try other cheaper stuff that replaces what these expensive products do for instance coconut oil could replace sf722 in theory.  The fermented cabbage drink can replace probiotics.  You can eat fruit instead of taking vitamin C.

This diet and reversing your health requires a lot of money compared to what most american’s(or others) spend and its unfortunate because so many of us are secretly ill or have digestive problems.  I go to my bathroom at work and it sounds like half the people have IBS and they eat all of these nasty microwave meals and mcdonald’s and it its hard to recover from living unhealthy for years at first, especially when you are off so bad.  But if you don’t it could be worse…

I also would consider the s.boulardii protocol and try out kombucha (drinking it).  This by itself can reverse some gut problems.  You can make it at home or take classes to make it and it rebalances the gut.  The only problem with it is it causes constipation.  Just add water and sugar and it grows forever!

-raster

raster
    Participant

Also look at these alternative ways to get better.  An enema bag is pretty cheap and you could start doing that to help clean out colon and aid digestion:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forums/topic/alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmenrasters-perspective-41/

-raster

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

Hey Raster
    As always I appreciate you getting back to me, you always have some good advice
    The only thing about fruits that concerns me is feeding bad bacteria, as I’m pretty sure I’m dealing with some fructose malabsorption right now too…not positive but am suspicious, symptoms fall into the same category as everything else I worry about.

I’d like to stick with the coconut oil, but again I’m unsure if I’m suddenly intolerant to it or if I have die off. Was having a particularly bad day yesterday and tried it, and had more cramping later that day and more Bm’s which I’m pretty sure is from that, as usually after 3pm I don’t have to go anymore…just have a lot of gas and cramping.

I’d definitely like to try the smoothies though, I’d really like to do some kind of fasting as I haven’t tried that since last summer, I just didn’t really stick too it. I’ve been meaning to do the sauerkraut but am nervous making it myself, I guess I don’t trust myself but to reap the full benefits I know it has to be homemade, nothing in stores emulates the beneficial aspects of it. I just don’t want to end up ingesting some other bacteria or mold, I don’t need any more than I already have!

But as always I’ll look into some supplements you mention, there’s a few I’ve yet still to try. Do you know anything about colostrums?(sp?) I’ve had that pop up, as well as ox bile…not sure if I need more bile though, when I’m not constipated, I have the kind of urgency I did after having my gb removed…it’s back and forth, though I seem to feel better when I’m having the urgency rather than the constipation aspect of my issues. It still frustrates the heck out of me though , everything’s so unpredictable and I’m loathed to take any medications as that’s what got me into this mess in the first place…:-/

My only consolation is working at home, I’d be TEN TIMES more stressed if I had to go back and forth to a public RR, I’m terrified of having these issues in public I barely go out anymore really. But as you say a lot of people have these issues, I stopped using the microwave at least a year ago, I never realized how much I used it until I stopped! But even in avoiding things there’s still so many issues, I realize it takes time but it really seems I should be making more progress, not getting worse.

raster
    Participant

The s.boulardii protocol is pretty amazing as far as results and should get you to go the bathroom less.  If it gets too intense, just go off of it for a few days.  Also look into manuka honey and this can help reduce inflammation and fight the bad guys.

-raster

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

Okay, Thanks again for everything! I’d been meaning to try the honey too as I’ve read some good things about it.

BozWhiteTiger
    Participant

Hey Again

I had one last question, i’m in the midst of trying some things you mentioned, but finding I’m still having quite a bit of gas. I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do to address this as it’s extremely painful at times, and I’ve scoured the internet and not had a lot of luck finding anything I haven’t already tried that hasn’t really helped.

I just feel at times I’m eliminating enough..but when I’m finished I still get a lot of gas pain/cramping bubbly feeling and pressure there. I could be wrong of course but I don’t know for sure. I’m just wondering if there’s anything at all I can try that would address this or if things you mentioned already would and I just need to be a bit more patient with it. This has just been the biggest issue, aside from the frequent bathroom trips and I’d really like to get it under control as it’s been awful almost all this year. I

‘ve been staying away from gluten/dairy for the most part, as these are the biggest culprits for this problem…but it still persists :-/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Feeling hopeless, not sure what else to do…’ is closed to new replies.