Feeding the candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Feeding the candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

When my Candida was really active, I felt a burning on my scalp. Once I started the diet that reduced a lot. When I eat avocado I get a tingle on my scalp. Would a tingle constitute feeding the candida? Should I feel nothing when I eat foods?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Blue.

I’m afraid a tingling could be coming from a number of things, but …
    As you know from purchasing these, avocados can range quite a bit in their sizes. So it’s difficult to obtain an exact sugar content of one avocado, but the range is believed to be from 3 to 10 grams of sugar per avocado. You can see that, if you eat one very large avocado, you could very easily ingest as much as 10 grams of sugar at one time. This is enough to feed some of the Candida present and if the population is already high enough, it’s understandable that this amount could possibly present at least a mild reaction.

On the other hand, it’s also possible that you have a slight allergy to avocados, possibly one you’ve acquired since contracting the infestation as this is possible.

My suggestion would be to try and find the smaller avocados when you shop in order to cut down on the sugar. Eating one-half of the avocado and saving the other half is just about out of the question since they turn brown so quickly. But fortunately there’s a very positive effect we receive from avocados, that is that they’re a very good prebiotic, making it possible to feed quite a number of beneficial bacteria with one avocado.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

They do brown quickly, but if you put them in an airtight tub in the fridge, the flavour and texture is still okay the next day. I usually do this when I prepare a salad for work.

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

I made an interesting avocado “salsa” to take to a New Years Eve party so I’d have something to dip… and half of it was left over so I saved it. I expected it to discolour overnight and it didn’t! It was basically red onion & a hard (slioghtly under ripe) avocado very finely chopped, some fresh basil and loads of lime juice (lemon would work too). Salt & pepper. I had crab meat in small lettuce leaves… a dollop (do you need that transalted Able?!!) of the avocado salsa and a splodge of homemade garlic mayo…. delicious!

So to cut a very long story short… the avocado should be fine if you dice what you don’t eat and put plenty of lemon juice on it and put it in an airtight container.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

I read somewhere that if you leave the avocado nut in the avocado dip until the guest arrive or in our case for the lunch box next day and take it out just before serving it should stay nice and green and will not turn brown.

cheers
    Thomas

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: I had crab meat in small lettuce leaves… a dollop (do you need that transalted Able?!!)

Gee, you’re so kind to offer, Lucy, I’ll try to reciprocate if you need me making a face at you translated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Feeding the candida?’ is closed to new replies.